Sunday, March 5, 2023

Grit.


Spent the day... 
doin' not much.
I'm still tryin' to find my feet after the Daytona 'adventure'.
; )
Steph is perkin' along.
; )
We didn't get much sleep on that 'Ride'.
Workin' on gettin' the House picked up, laundry caught up...and cleaning my room.
Slow process.
Received a text from the Gal we'll be conducting the Living Estate Sale, for...
this morning.
Meeting with her, this week...to do a walk through, and sign the contract.
If everything goes well, we'll be having it in mid April.
Have to start getting ready for Junk Jubilee, in Des Moines.
It's coming up fast.
March 17, and 18.
Son, Justin's Birthday... and Granddaughter, Miss. Scarlett's.
St. Patrick's Day... is Justin's, and my late Sister, Jo Ann's... Birthday.
Good thing I wasn't born on St. Patrick's Day.
: )
Probably wouldn't have lived this long.
Hahahahahaha....
; )

Steph, and Patti... celebrate St. Patrick's Day, almost... like it's Christmas.
Steph, and I...talked a lot...about it, on our 'adventure'.
: )
We All 'Do'...Our Irish Holiday, Well.
; )
They have a Huge Gathering...of Family, for St. Patrick's Day.
<3
We...never did that, but... I've always held it very dear.
Proud of my Irish Roots.
<3
When Folk's would ask Dad... about his 'Roots', he'd get a twinkle in his eyes, and say...
"I'm Shanty Irish... and Slop Bucket Dutch."
: )

Dad, always left out the other part of his Roots.
His mother was French.
She, and my grandfather divorced when Dad was 4 years old.
They both went their separate ways, leaving Dad, and his two Brothers to be raised by my Great Grandparents, on their Farm...in Derby, Iowa.
Unheard of, really...back in 1917.
Dad...never spoke of his mom, or dad....with me.
but...
he Sure Worshipped his Grandmother.
<3
I heard a Lot...about her.
<3
Dad wanted to name me, after her.
Flora Belle.
Mom, had her heart set...on 'Barbara Ann'.
; )

The 'Conner' side... is Quite Irish.
<3
Very Proud of Them.
<3

I've got a book, that a distant Cousin wrote...about The Conners.
: )
What a Tribe.
<3
; )
They...had to endure, and... overcome many hardships.
<3
I'd bet, if we all looked back, we'd see very similar stories.
Can't imagine being an immigrant. 
Leaving everyone, and everything...you'd ever known, because you had no choice.
Stowing away... in a Ship, like my People...did, hoping...but not knowing...what was waiting ahead.
That...took Grit.
<3

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.














No comments: