Friday, March 24, 2023

Big Times.

Don't Judge a Book...
; )


<3 <3 <3 


Love It!!!
<3


This House... is So Cute.
{For Sale...Too!}
The Bar, will stay with The House.
The Cool...Bar Stools, are Up for Grabs!!
; )

The Lady...who lived here... was a Big Time Pool Player.
Big Time.
She turned her basement into a Wonderful Pool Hall.
She's still living. She's in her 90's.
<3
Still...Smokes Stogies, and...I believe... is Still havin' Fun.
; )
She moved in with her Darling... Daughter, recently.
<3
Her Home... is like a Time Capsule!!
Wow!!
; )
<3


Love, Love....the Little Rolling Bar!!
<3
It has a Marble inset, and dividers, inside...for wine bottles.
; )
The Vintage Decanter, Long Ago... Liquor Bottles.
Oh...Yeah.
Sweet!!
; )

Daughter, Liz... was going to bring me Supper, at The Sale House...this, late... afternoon.
She got sidetracked.
I...was Starving, by the time I found that out.
As me, and Jethro...were making our way Home, decided...to make a Stop, to eat... where I have some Big Time Memories.
Haven't been there, for Years.


Back in the early 1990's...
I used to work there.
<3
{In 1974, Sister, Merry Jo, had her Rehearsal Dinner, at Papa Juan's. It was in Downtown, Cedar Rapids, back then. GREAT Restaurant.}


Papa Juan's Gold... Margarita.
<3
{There's a Secret Recipe... for Juan's Marg's.}
: )
I'll Never Tell.
: )
<3

Juan's Marg's... will Kick Your Butt, in Short Order.
I remember... serving a couple of Gal's...
They ordered Two Marg's... each. They were having a Very...Good Time.
; )
 When they ordered their third, I... was a bit concerned.

They Laughed...!!!
 Hahahahaha!!!
; )
Assured me, that their Husband's were coming to pick them up.
; )
{Indeed, They... did. <3}
I...asked the Gal's... what they were 'Celebrating'.
: )
Turned out, they were Elementary School Teachers.
: )
It was The Last Day of School!!!
Hahahahahaha!!!

I, uh, developed a Whole Bunch of Respect...
for 'Teachers' That Day!!
; )
Oh My!!!
; )
ANYONE... who could Consume, Three... 'Juan's' Marg's.... and still be able to Walk, had 
a WHOLE Bunch... of Stress to Unwind, and...
Perseverance!!!
Holy Smokes!!!
<3
God Bless 'em!!
Oh My!!
<3


So GOOD!!!


ENOUGH!!!
WOW!!
That Seafood Chimi, was Exactly...as I remembered!!
INSANE!!
Holy Smokes!!
: )
Sooooooo Good!!
; )
Me, and Miss. Peanut, will be eatin' on it... for Days!!
: )

Went through Two... Crock's of Juan's Amazing Homemade Salsa!!!
Sinful!!!
<3


Thanks So Much... to Server, Dustin.
He Took Great Care of me.
; )
Told Dustin... 'He' has My Job...and Area, now.
; )
and...
 how Much...I enjoyed working at Papa Juan's.
<3
Dustin does...too.
: )

He's Very Good.
; )
{I'm kinda 'fussy'...when it comes to 'Servers'. 
; ) 
I was Trained...by The Best, Way Back...in 'The Day'.
Nancy Hild. 
Her husband's Family... owned a Large Chain of Restaurants.
She... was Amazing. }
<3


The last time I visited Papa Juan's... was back in 2012, or 13.
Before John...left us.
Peg, and I... met Pal, Amy...there.
<3
Peg, and I drove Sally... with her Top Down.
<3
It...was Such a Beautiful Day.
<3
Peg... was battling cancer.
She left us...in 2016.

It's been a day, or two... since I've visited my old Stomping Grounds.
Too Long.

I'll be visiting more often, while driving back and forth...to Marion.
Papa Juan's is in Hiawatha, Iowa.
Smack Dab in The Middle of Marion...and Cedar Rapids/Fairfax.
; )

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{Looked up what Music was Popular... back, when I was waiting tables...at Papa Juan's.
The above, Travis Tritt Tune, popped up.
; )
Oh...yeah.
; )
T.R.O.U.B.L.E.
: )
seems...
some things...
never 
change.}
; )


No comments: