Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Roses for Mom.


Went grocery shoppin', this late, afternoon.
The Cupboard was bare.

As I was checking out... noticed cut roses.
<3
I always have Roses around, this time of year...
in Honor of my Mother, 'Rose'.
<3
Missed Mom's Birthday, this year... was on the road.

 Grabbed a few bunches, as I was checking out.
Looked up, after placing them in the cart...
there...
stood a Fairfax, Iowa... Councilwoman smiling... and waving at me,
until...
she realized, when our eyes locked...
 'that' 
Ship... Sailed...
Long Ago.
; )
{Bless her heart. Seems, I can't go anywhere.}

back...
to The Roses.
<3

I've had some long conversations...with Friends, lately... who are struggling with Parents, with dementia.
I, know all about that.
; )
Gratefully.
<3

Oh, yes... there were times, I was beside myself...struggling.
Angry.
Hurt.
Crushed.
but...
remembered, always...
The 'Mom', I Knew... back 'before', would Never...say the the things she did, much later.
<3
I was with Mom...within minutes of her leaving us.
We Sang Songs, Laughed...and Reminisced.
<3
: )
oh my.
<3

I'm sure... a lot of the reason I loved my Mom, So... was because of The Love, I watched between Mom, and Dad.
<3
Mom, and Dad...had quite a Love Story.
<3
They couldn't live together, but...they couldn't live apart.
<3
Priceless.
<3

What a Blessing it was, to be able to Care...for Mom, and Dad.
<3

All anyone can do, is their Best.
Dad...taught me that.
<3
People may argue... about what 'that' is.
'Best'.
Only 'You'...know what 'that' is, in Your Heart.
<3
I, feel in my heart...I did my best, concerning my Folks.
That's all any of us... can do.
<3
however...
; )
I pray for those, who... could've stepped up, yet, 'chose' not to.
{they lost out, in so many ways. : (}
I'm not pointing any fingers. <3
'Judge not... lest Ye be.'
I just know....how Regrets, eat at a soul.
I, wouldn't wish 'that'...on anyone.

I was thinking about Dad's Favorite Tune, concerning Mom, as I put the roses together, this evening.
I'll post it, above...
<3
I'll post my favorite, by the same artist...
above it.
<3
: )

'The Last Waltz'... 
Will Last, Forever.
<3

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{My Folk's divorced when I was 5. Mom, dated a couple of men... she, was quite Beautiful...and attracted many, but... she only Loved...Dad. <3 Dad, was quite Handsome...but, Loved...only One Woman.
; )
Those TWO... oh my.
: )
<3 
Priceless. }
<3 


No comments: