Monday, August 22, 2022

My Tribe!!


A Rabbit.
; )

Fell in Love...with the little Bunny, Marlene had in her booth, in our Building.
She Always...has such Fun Treasures!!
<3

Gold Rush...was Very Good...I believe, for Many.
<3
 Haven't done books, yet.
Wanted to write this post...before I knew the numbers.
The 'numbers'...really don't matter.
They Do...when it comes to paying bills, and covering expenses.
It costs me a thousand dollars, to attend Gold Rush.
Nashville, was many thousands.
Every Show, has costs.
That's not the way I want to start this post.
I didn't do big numbers, I know.
Didn't have any powerful hitters, on this Load.
It was a light Load...compared to what I used to do.

I can't tell you...how Wonderful It Was...to See...Everyone Again.
It's been a Year, since I'd seen my Gold Rush 'Family'.
Even Longer...than that...for many. 
Met some Wonderful...Folks, for the first time, that were so much Fun...visiting with.
<3

So Many...asked about 'The IDOT/Fairfax'...Situation. Told them, to stay tuned.
I'll be posting some Very Interesting Information, very...soon, here...on my Blog.
Public Records, and The Amazing Correspondence between Josey Wales, our Lawyer...
The IDOT, Fairfax...and Fairfax's Mayor.
In Their Own Hand.
Told them..."then....You'll see, why...I've lost my mind."

God Love...Them, for Asking.
<3


Sunday...was so insane.
Not being able to find anyone open, that could fix The FUSO's Tire...
Knowing...I'd have to pack out early...which, is something...I Never do.
If we got Stuck...I wanted to be Stuck...in Daylight.
Then...
heard from Brad, the Porter...who helped me unload, who promised to be back Sunday, to help me load.
Seems, he had a Tuff Saturday Night, and was Down for The Count...
and couldn't make it.
oh dear.
; )

I started packing at 10.
 Knew...if I wasn't on the road by 2, or 3...
I could be in trouble, if the outside Dual blew, on the way Home.
The FUSO...has a load on it, at all times.
There's Barn Doors, Huge Windows...along with many Props, for the Shows, always in the Truck.
I tried to keep everything I could away from that Lone...Dual, side of the Truck.
but...
knew, It was going to have to Carry a Load, alone.
Worrisome.
: (
Made up my mind...not to worry the Kids.
I, knew...Adam...for Sure, would've made the trip to Rochester, to help.
{Son, Justin...has his Hands Full.}
Those lug nuts were put on with an impact wrench, they'd be a Bear...getting off, period.
Figured...I'd cripple The FUSO, slowly...
and Hope.
I know 'People'...that could change that tire, closer to Home...if, I could just get it there.
Couldn't ask them to drive 3 hours, to Rochester.

I remember John, telling me to 'Get It Home'.
Don't let anyone touch...anything.
Get It Home.
We'll Fix It Here.

<3

Years ago...when the Kids were very little, I was heading to work. I was a Waitress.
My Best Pal, Roxi...would watch the Kids, until John quit for the day.
He was Buried...in work, at the Shop...
I noticed the temperature gauge on the Old... Lincoln...I was driving, climb through the roof.
Pulled into a station...with steam rolling.
 Popped the hood, looked inside, figured it was a hose issue.
The man working there...took a look, and said... "It's your water pump."
I was figuring in my head...what it would cost to change the water pump, with parts, and...labor, at that time.
Figured about 350.00.
The parts, were around 75.00. 
{We've done many.}
Labor...isn't cheap.

Thought I'd just have him fix it, and... I'd pay for it...
because John...was Losing His Mind...with work.
I asked the man...how much, he would charge, to fix it.
He said...
"1200."
I said...
"DOLLARS?!?!?!!!"

Walked away from the man... to the pay phone, inside the station...
called John. 
: (
he said...
"Get That Car Out Of There!! 
Get It ANYWHERE...But There!!
 Just Take It Across The Street.
I'm On My Way."
; )

John came...with a handful of tools, a belt...and a hose.
All it was, was a bad belt.
John had it fixed in less than 10 minutes.
; )

I suppose...that man, seeing me...in my 'Waitress' Uniform, with two Toddlers, in the back seat...thought I was at his mercy.
He...was wrong.

There's Some Great...Folks out there, For Sure!!
there's some not so great...ones, too.

I...prefer to get things 'Home' when broken... if I possibly can.

I was Blessed, Sunday...
 as I was starting to load...
a Man was standing outside my booth, by The FUSO.
He...was looking for work.
; )

He Got 'er!!!
Hahahaha!!!
'Lenny'.
; )

Lenny's probably... younger, than me...but, as we were loading, he was struggling.
He wouldn't quit.
; )
What I do...is difficult, and laborious.
Some things...are Insanely...Heavy.
; )
I, tend to buy things...by The POUND.
<3
If ya don't Love...This Old Stuff, It's REAL Work!!
oh my.
Just having another pair of hands, to help steady things, is Priceless.
Daughter, Liz...was Huge Help...when she was only 8, 9...10.
<3
I can do the 'Heavy'...but, keeping things steady, sweeping...rolling up rugs, is equally important.

I tipped Lenny, twice...what I tipped Brad.
I'm a good 'Tipper', I believe.
; )
I...tipped Brad, well.
I...Appreciated Him..So!
but, Lenny...
oh my.
: )

He shared some of his 'life'...stories, with me...as we were loading.
Just...bits, and pieces.
He wasn't lookin' for sympathy....just, thinkin' out loud...about the choices we all make, in life.
After Loadin' The FUSO...he decided, he should've made a few better ones, concerning his health.
; )
{I Think The Same Thing...When I Load...That Truck!! Hahahahaha!!!}

Lenny...was a Gem.
; )
He didn't think the 'Antique Business'...was for him, tho.
Hahahahahaha!!!
; )

The Truth Is...
Ya have to be...a little 'round the bend, to survive...this business.
; )
but, then...
All...of The Best People, Are.
; )
<3

So Love...Seeing Them, at These Events.
<3
and...
when they visit The Rabbit Hole.
My TRIBE!!!
<3 <3 <3 
; )

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{When I was pulling out of Rochester, had to get Fuel.
Looked for my little Fairfax Bank Bag.
It...was GONE!!!
I'd put it inside a little cupboard's drawer...when we were loading.
Holy Smokes!!!
That Little Cupboard, was Buried...in The FUSO.
Had to unload a BUNCH...at The Station...to get to it.
; )
Two totes fell out of the back...as I was Struggling to hold up Fencing.
Those Totes Exploded...All Over The Parking Lot!!!
Hahahaha!!!
oh yeah...
'Livin' The Dream'!!!
: )
<3
LOVE IT!!
; ) }


No comments: