Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Shenanigans.



Little Justin...was doing his schoolwork, at the table...when I rolled out of bed, this morning.
I'd gotten little sleep, last night.
Woke up at 2 a.m., and couldn't get back to sleep, until after 4...then, at 5...my alarm went off, I must've shut it down....didn't roll out, until nearly 8.
oh my.

As I was making Much....Needed Coffee, Justin... was telling me about the Livestock Sale, that his Friend, Jason...goes to every week...in Kalona, Iowa...on Wednesdays.
: )
They met at the Sale Barn, a long time ago...and became Pals.
They visit on the phone, and text.
: )
Jason lives near the Quad Cities, so the only time they can get together, is at The Sale Barn.
Jason is in 4H, and raises Goats.
: )

Told Justin...I used to Live...at The Kalona Sale Barn...the first Monday of the month, for The Horse Sale....from the time I was 10, to...18.
I was There...Religiously, every month.
It's been...Years, since I've been back.

Loved It...there.
<3
Good Folks, GREAT Food, and Pie. : )
It's an Amish area, so...Ya Know...The Food...Is Outstanding.
; )

Told Justin, sure wish he'd have mentioned it to me sooner, I....already had my day planned out.
: (
Then...I thought about it, for a second....and said, 
"What shall we drive to Kalona? The Ford, or Jethro? Do you plan on Buying...anything? If you do...we'll have to take The Ford."

Justin, stood there...looking at me....and said, "No...I'm not buying anything."
That, was That.
"Then...'Jethro'...It Is!!"
: )

Washed my face...quick, brushed my teeth, and Away....We Went!

'Shenanigans'
; )




So Much...has changed, there...over the years.
But...Much, was still...The Same.
: )


Justin found his Pal, Jason...right away, and they had Great Fun!
{Left 'Grandma'...in The Dust. : ) }
I knew that would happen.
<3
It gave me time...to walk through the Sale Barn...walking the same steps, a much Younger version of myself, had walked...so many, many..times.
The 'Smell'...was the same.
<3
The worn...stair steps...that have carried Thousands of people, over the decades, including mine, as a little girl.
<3


Love the Cafe at The Kalona Sale Barn.
It hadn't changed...a bit.
It was like stepping into a time capsule.
<3
Such...a Wonderful, Wholesome...Place.
<3


I asked the Server...what kind of Pies, they had, today.
; )
I decided on the Fresh...Strawberry Pie.
; )
{and LOT'S of Coffee. ; ) }

As I was enjoying That AMAZING Pie, The Boys came in, and ordered themselves some Lunch, and Shakes.
So Cute.
; )

When I used to attend the Horse Sales, it would be so crowded in the Cafe, people would stand behind those eating, waiting...for them to finish their meals...so the next person could sit down, to eat.
Busy...Busy.
; )


They had two Rings, going.
This one, was where the Goats, Chickens...Rabbits, Quail...Ducks, and Guineas were selling.
That's where the Boys, were most interested.
The other Ring, was selling Sheep.

As I was visiting with Jason's Grandmother, told her...I had to quit coming to the Horse Sales.
After I met John...kind of got out of The Horse Business.
It was getting so difficult, because...I wanted to Bring Them ALL...Home.
<3

Did a lot...of Business, at Kalona, when I was young.
Used to ride there with Mr. Bergloff, he owned a Stable, where I boarded Horses.
I, was about 10.
Mr. Bergloff...was in his mid 80's.
I learned to drive, when I was 7, but...not on the Roads, just on the Farms, where Dad worked.
The first time I rode with Mr. Bergloff, part's of Interstate 380...were just being built.
Mr. Bergloff...had an Amazing, 1966 GMC Truck, it was like Brand New.
It had a 6 Cylinder...that Ran like a Sewing Machine.
He kept Everything in Top Notch Shape.
As we were toolin' down the highway...it sounded like the engine in his GMC was going to Fly...out of the hood.
I glanced at the speedometer...
He was running close to 80 mph, {fast}
then...
I looked at the gear stick...{It was a 4 speed}
noticed...he was in 3rd. gear.
I said...
"Excuse me, Mr. Bergloff....but, you're still in 3rd. gear."
; )
Mr. Bergloff looked down...and said...
"Well...By God, I am!"
He hit the clutch...shifted that old GMC into 4th., and Away...We Went!!
; )

I don't think I've Ever...made it to Kalona, as Fast...as me, and Mr. Bergloff...used to, those First Mondays, of every month.
; )

Mr. Bergloff had a Lead Foot!!!
; )
{So Unlike...my Dad. Dad, got pulled over Numerous Times, for simply...
Driving Too Slow!! Hahahaha!}
oh my.
<3

Dad, would talk to the Principals, at every school I attended, and convinced them...that I could learn more, those First Monday's of each month, at Kalona, than at school.
They all agreed.
<3
They 'excused' my absences.
<3

I, learned Much...doing Business, at Kalona.

Justin, told me...his Pal, Jason...had told him, the same thing.
It's an Educational Place.
<3
We Had to Go.
; )
{Shenanigans}
: )

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

They have The BEST...Auctioneers, at Kalona.
The BEST.
Wow!!!
<3
; )

No comments: