Monday, August 1, 2022

The Princess....and the Pea. The Bed... saga. {It never ends. }


If Anything...could Go Wrong, concerning The Bed 'Trade'...saga, It Most Certainly Did, 
today.

Thought I had Everything figured out, and I'd be able to trade another Nice Bed, to my Pal...and Keep, the one I So Love...
but...discovered they wouldn't interchange.
Discovered That...After, I had the second bed torn completely apart.

I've destroyed two bedrooms, and the living room..in the house today.
Everything, is Turned Completely...Upside Down.

The bed I traded for, I was told...was a 3/4 Size Bed.
Smaller...than the Full, Miss. Peanut, and I share.
That...was fine.
Then...I find out, after measuring it...it's actually Much Larger...than a Full.
Closer...to a Queen.
That...was a Problem.

9...Inches, wider...than my Wonderful Bed, and 7 inches Longer.
That doesn't sound like much.
IT IS...
in my Bedroom.
oh my.

I'm such a Freak...about Everything being symmetrical.
{oh dear...}
Throwing in an Odd Sized Bed, in a Tight...yet, organized...to my satisfaction...
Bedroom, nearly, very...nearly...sent me Over The Edge, today.
; )

Another Big...Problem, with The Beautiful, yet...irregular Bed, it was too short.
I...Love a TALL Bed.
One...ya have to Climb...up in to.
Always Have.
The Bed...I had, when I met John....had a Box Spring, and Three Mattresses.
He thought I was Insane.
: )
He got used to it.
; )
{My 'Insanity'...not The Bed. John...couldn't sleep...in any bed, after he hurt his back, decades ago.}

The 'Trade'...bed, was far too short.
Gratefully...the mattress I had added to my Other beds, in the past...{in between the Mattress and Box} tho...smaller, will suffice. I hope.
{I've lowered my standards...over the years. Only Two...Mattresses, and the Box. ; ) }
Haven't slept in it...yet.
; )

At Least...It's Tall.

Tho...the Beautiful Bed...is only 4 1/2 inches wider, on each side...than my Favorite...
I've stubbed my toe on it, countless times, today....while working around it.
; )

I won't get in to all of the Mishaps, concerning 'The Trade'...today.
{missing bolts, that were found...after a trip to the hardware store...along with so...many, many...more.}

oh...my.
; )

Helper, Brandon, and Grandson...Justin, were so much Help...tearing down, delivering...and bringing home...The Trade.
Justin said...while we were putting The Trade Bed, together...in my room, 
"I sure hope we Never have to Take This Apart...again."
Hahahahaha!!!!
; )

Thought to myself...'You will...but, after I'm dead. 
I...don't want Any Part, of This Dance...again, either. : ) '

Oh Dear!!
; )

Put clean sheets, and pillowcases on The Bed.
It's all...decked out.
I've put most of the house...back, in order.
Had...to quit, for the day.
It's...been Brutal.
; )

No...More...Trades.
Not...from The House.
Ever, Ever...
again.
; )

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{Helper, Brandon...asked me how old...the 'Trade Bed'...is.
I, figure...it's about 150. 
I'm sure it has many...many...Stories, to tell.
This Day...would have to be close...to The Top, of It's 'Story List'.
; ) 
It is on mine.
; ) }




No comments: