Tuesday, July 5, 2022

What a Fourth. Oh....my.


Oh...my.
; )

It rained...yesterday morning...kinda hard.
I'd wanted to check out The Firecracker Antique Show, at the Amana RV Park, in Amana, Iowa... early...but waited until about 11:30, to make sure the house wasn't flooding...
again.
Praise God, it didn't...This Time.
oh...my.

The Show closed at 3, so didn't have a lot of time.
I didn't go...to shop.
Just...to say Howdy, to those I haven't seen in such a Long Time.
: )
What an Amazing Show!
Wow!!
So Much Great Stuff!!!

Made my way through...visited, hugged...and squeezed my long lost Pals.
<3
{Family...really. <3 }

Everyone wanted to get caught up...on the BS, around home.
oh my.
: (

They worry about The Mad Hatter.
They Pray...for us, too.
<3

I didn't plan on buying a single thing.
The Rabbit Hole is FULL.
It's barely ever open.
: (

I was doin' good...until I ran into Steve...and his Darling Son, from Omaha.
{Lord...Lord!! TROUBLE!! <3}


Met Steve, last year...
We Hit It OFF!!
; )

I LOVED EVERYTHING IN HIS BOOTH!!!
{Trouble!!!!}

Steve...gave me such Amazing Deals.
<3
 Later...when...Pal, Budwardo asked me what I'd bought from Steve,
I...dropped my head, and said....
"It'd be quicker to tell ya what I DIDN'T buy!!!"
Hahahahahahahaha!!!!

DANG!!!

: )

I pulled Jethro into Pal, Mark's Booth. Mark, and his Darling Daughter, Kelsey...were set up outside.

 Bud helped me unload my recent purchases from Steve...
wound up selling some of it to Bud, and Mark!!
Hahahahahaha!!!

It was so hot...I felt for Mark, and Kelsey...having to load out...in that heat, so...
stuck around and helped them load.
Loading out goes a lot quicker, with extra hands.
; )

We made quick work of it.
; )
Just as I was getting ready to Bug Out... Pal, Jodi... texted me....asked if I'd like to meet her, and her Darling Daughter, Moya...at Bully's Angle Inn, in Walford.{on my way Home.}
Jodi and I live Parallel Lives.
{Sad...Sad. oh my. }
Told Jodi...I'd Love To!!
Hahahaha...

Kelsey had a 4th. of July Party to attend, but Mark was Ready for a Beer.
I, was too.

Mark followed me to The Angle...where Jodi, and Moya had Grub waiting for us!!
{I'm not a 'Beer'...drinker, unless it's a Hot Day, and the Beer is Ice Cold.
Man...that Blue Moon, HIT THE SPOT!!! Whew!!} 



Peyton, our Sweet Server...recommended a Tequila, that she said was better than Patron.
well....
we had to Give That a Spin!!
Lord!!
That's Some Smooth Stuff!!

Looked up, after tasting...The Smooth Stuff, and there stood Pal, Patti, at our table!!!
What The Heck!!!
YAY!!
She, and Pal, Steph were Celebrating getting out of Steph's Warehouse, they've been trying to get moved from...for so long.
Finally Done!!
Everyone was exhausted, but in a Good Way!!

.  

Shared my 'sip'...with them, told Patti about my 'Purchases'...from Steve, and had an AMAZING Quilt, in Jethro...along with some of the Best...Early Textiles, I'd seen a Long Time.
<3
They All Had Her Name on Them!!
; )

They All went Home...with Patti.
; )
{Fern Hill, South Amana, Iowa.}


I was ready to head Home...started saying my 'Good-Byes'...
My belly was Full, had an Ice Cold Beer, and a sip of The Best Tequila, Ever...
Visited with Some of The Best Folks on The Planet...it was a Good Day.

but....
no.

; )



Moya, and Mark wanted to Shoot Pool.
Mark owns a Pool Hall, in Norway, Iowa.
Just a few miles from Walford.
Jodi wasn't ready to go home.
oh dear.
; )

So...we spent the evening of The 4th. Shootin' Pool.
I'm not much of a 'Pool Player'.
'Slop'...is My Game!!!
{I get lucky...now, and then. ; ) }

Moya, had Such a Good Time.
<3
Mark is a Very...Very.... Good Pool Player, but...a Better 'Teacher'. 
He's so good with Kids, and made sure Moya had a Great Time.
; )

Just watching Jodi...Mark, and Moya...was Awesome!!
They put on Quite a Show!!!
Hahahahaha!!!
Finally...
Finally...
some Smiles, for us all.
; )

Hope Y'all...had a Wonderful 4th.
<3

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{Jodi ordered 3 bottles of that Tequila...from Peyton, to have on hand at her B&B.
Lord...Have Mercy on Those Who Visit Periwinkle!!! Oh My!!! : ) }

No comments: