Friday, July 29, 2022

'Don't get discouraged...it may be The Last Key, on the Ring...that Opens The Door.'



Worked down The Rabbit Hole...today.
<3

Cleaned...and, put things out...that had been long forgotten.
Ran across a big pile of Old...Keys.
As I was hanging them on The Gnarly Chandelier...
I remembered a quote I'd read years ago...in my 'Streams in The Desert', Daily Devotional, my Dear Friend, Patti...gave me, when I was struggling...with raising 'Teenagers'. 
Oh...my.
; )
It went... something, like this...

"Don't get discouraged...
it may be The Last...Key, on The Ring...
that Opens The Door."

I used to wear an old skeleton key, on a chain...around my neck, I'd catch myself rubbing on it, and thinking of that 'reminder'...often.
<3
Thought of it, again...today, as I was playing with the wonderful...old, keys.
<3
The truth is....I don't believe I've ever touched an old key, after reading that...and not be 'reminded'.
<3


Found a Bunch...of Beautiful Rosaries...in the same box...as the Keys.
<3

Can't tell you how many times I've been asked if I'm Catholic, over the years.
When I tell Folks, that I'm not...every single one of them says...
"You Should Be!!"
Hahahaha!!!
{The ones who tell me that, are. Guess...we think a lot alike. }

 Studied...with several organized religions, in my younger years.
I, respect them all.
<3
but...decided, I'd simply talk Straight to The Lord, myself.
oh...my, do we have some Chats.
; )
Daily.
{Hourly...Some Days. ; ) 'He' Knows...I Need All The Help I Can Get!! <3 }
oh...dear.
<3


Ran across...old...wooden boxes, from the 1800's...
oh my.
If they...along with Everything, down The Rabbit Hole...could only talk.
What stories they would tell.


Ran to the store...this late, afternoon.
Picked up a few groceries, then stopped by a Roadside Stand, and bought some
 Iowa...
Sweet Corn.
<3
The first I've had...this year.
It was kinda sad...shucking it, this evening.
The first time...in 20 years, Scoutaroo...isn't getting the husks...for a Treat.
He...Loved Them...So.
<3
Not nearly as much as he Loved His Apples, but...they were a Treat.
: )



Used one of the pretty Corn Dishes, I bought at Susie's Sale, and the Corn Picks...from The Vinton, Iowa...Estate Sale, tonight.
; )

Always like purchasing 'something'...from the Sales....we conduct.
When I use...whatever...'it'...may be, I remember those Folks, and their Families.
<3

Heading to The Rabbit Hole, in the morning.
Open...
10-5.

Love to Ya.
Prayers...for All.

Barb C.


No comments: