Sunday, July 31, 2022

Muddy Waters.


Opened the Rabbit Hole...up, yesterday.
It  was pretty slow...most of the day.
Even the highway traffic, seemed abnormally quiet.
Took advantage of the business being quiet...and worked on cutting vines, trimming, and weed whippin'.
; )

Dear, Donna...my 8th. Grade Teacher...popped in.
We, sat...and visited by the fountain...in the shade.
: )
She's been such a Blessing, in my life.
<3
Told Donna, I'd...kinda went 'Off The Rails'...the night before.
Donna looked me in the eyes, and said...
"Who wouldn't?"
: (
Donna's read through some of the Public Records...and has attended a few of The Council Meetings, in Fairfax.
Donna drives past the Rabbit Hole, often. Has for decades.
She's seen...it all...unfold.
: (

When I woke up...yesterday morning, I got to thinkin' about the stop flow valve, that I insisted DOT put back in our drain tile, when they finally got around to temporarily... fixing that portion.
Without it, when the Creek floods, that water would go into our basement.
Then...Horror, set in.

DOT took all of our ditches away, for Fairfax's Trail, on the East side of our property.
Put in a Long Culvert...that goes under our drive...and, North...near the Creek, expecting the water...from big rain...to run Uphill, from the Rabbit Hole, to the drive culvert.
It's gonna have to get Mighty Deep, before that water, that has no ditch...anymore, where it used to be able to retain, so...the Rabbit Hole, IS the ditch.

What was Alarming...to me, when that Creek floods, and...it will, that Black, Muddy...Water, is going to Shoot Up That Culvert, to the South.
The Rabbit Hole's water...
will have no chance, when it gets high, in fact...
That Creek Water...will also be Pushing, into the Rabbit Hole.
No 'Stop Flow Valve'...in that Culvert.
: (

Our Home, nor...the Rabbit Hole, has ever flooded.

You don't have to be an 'Engineer'...to see what's going to happen.
I've had many Friends, many are Farmers, look at This...Mess, who....know Exactly how this is all going to Go, with Big Rain.



It was long after...I closed the Rabbit Hole, while...I was finally, puttin' my feet up, by the fountain...
These Two Gals...popped in.
 : )


They'd bought some Very Cool, Old...Iron Porch Posts, from me a couple of months ago.
They swung by, to pick them up...last night.



Normally...I would've been long...gone.
Closed at 5, they popped in, around 6, or 6:30.

Last night, was so Pretty....
I grabbed the bottle of Peach Wine, Pal...Allyson, brought me, a long time ago.
She'd picked it up in North Carolina.
It was Perfect, to sip on...next to the fountain.
; )




I played Old...Blues, through the little Bose, with my feet up, and soaked It All...In.
The vines, are So Beautifully...putting a cloak, around the Rabbit Hole, shielding it...from the 'new' dollar general...across the road, where a Beautiful, Old...Farmhouse used to stand...
 and from the highway.
<3

Felt like I was back in New Orleans, for a little bit.
<3

Visited with my late night Guests, for a bit.
; )

They took all sorts of pictures.
Love Photographers.
True Artists.
<3

We started talking about the IDOT BS, and...I don't know if it was the Sweet...delicious, Peach Wine...from Allyson, or, the conversation...I'd had with Donna, {and Pal, Mark...} earlier, or...the 'Awakening' first thing yesterday morning...
or, if I was simply....tired, from cutting brush, most of the day...
but, I broke down in tears.
: (

Hate it...when that happens.
: (

Told Mark...yesterday, I'd written about 'not being discouraged', a couple of days back.
I'm trying so hard, to not be.
That's more difficult, than any 'Job'...I've ever had in my life.

One day...at a time.
; )

Read a quote, the other day....
it read, something...like this.

"It ain't about how hard you can hit.
It's about how hard you can keep getting hit, and still keep moving forward.
It's about how much you can take, and keep moving forward.
That's how winning is done."

Rocky Balboa.

{Don't believe, Josey Wales, our Lawyer...would agree, with Rocky.
Lord knows, I'd personally rather be in the ring...with Ali, than Wales.}

Life...is, much like a boxing match.
The sad part...about this Fight, with IDOT...and Fairfax,
there's no 'winning', with them.
I've lost a lot of time, fighting...for something I never should have had to be concerned with.
So has everyone around me...that's depended on me.
So Much...wrongful, Destruction, and Carnage, and much more to come, solely because of their wrongful 'choices'. 
oh...my. 

{We're still...in 'The Ring', it ain't over...yet.}

Love to Ya.
Prayers...for All.

Barb C.

{Read an article that Daughter, Liz...sent me, concerning IDOT, KCRG put out on July 22. about Springville, Iowa, and 151, the other day.
Found it quite...interesting. 
Seems kinda Worrisome...for land owners, in my opinion. }

No comments: