Monday, July 18, 2022

It's All...about 'The Journey'. {Please scroll down the blog, to the next post, for The Marion, Iowa...Living Estate Sale Info.}






Dear Friend's, brought The Old...Corner Cupboard Home...to me, this  morning.
<3
It's been in the repair shop...for quite some time.

It's had Quite...a 'Journey', over the last few years, of it's...around, 160 year's...or, so...on this Earth, in This Form.


Had no place to put...The Old...Cupboard, so Son, Justin...helped me carry it in the House.
If I can't find a place...for the Old...Corner Cupboard, it'll be for sale.



Above, is the way...I bought it, from another...Dear Friend.

My Friend, had been in a Horrible Accident, en-route to an Antique Show, a few year's back.
He was loaded heavy for The Show...this Beautiful...Old Cupboard, was in his load.
Nothing...should've survived that horrible accident, including my Friend.
It was horrific.
: (....

A bunch of us Antique Dealers, 'Friends'...helped Salvage...our Dear Friend's inventory.
We trucked it all back to his Farm...from his Totaled Truck, and Trailer.
We piled everything, that was salvageable...in his Barn, including...the poor, broken...
Old... Corner Cupboard.



then...
a little something called a 'Derecho'...hit my Friend's Farm.
He lost his Barn, and much more...with that.
Everything in his Barn...that was left, was completely exposed to rain, sun... then...snow...for months.

I went to visit my Dear Friend...one day, had no idea...how Bad....he'd been Hit.
: (....

Saw the Old...Old...Broken...Corner Cupboard, laying down... with no protection...looking so forlorn.

Asked my Friend, how much he'd take for it.
He thought it was worthless.
{He's Broken...too. : ( }
Thought I was Crazy...for having any interest in it.
I, did not.
I, bought it.
<3
Without John, here...who could Fix...Anything...
and knowing, 
I couldn't repair it.... 
{I can do some repair, but...this was a Tuff One.} 
so...
 would just have to Love It...'as found', 
use it for 'display'...down The Rabbit Hole.
<3
Which...I would've.
It was Beautiful...to me, in a heap.
; )
It's... Just... That...
 'Soulful'.
<3

{Understand...it was very broken, and warped. I remember searching through the 'no longer', Barn's....floor, for The Old Cupboard's broken, and Derecho strewn.... pieces.
 Found 'em all. 
<3}

Then..my Friend's, who brought it today...Kindly...offered to have their 'Repair Dude'...
try...
 to put The Old...Cupboard, back together.
'Humpty Dumpty'
; )
{ Had to think about it...
sending it off.
I...Loved It, 
in 
'Pieces'.
but, 
then...
thought,
 'It Deserves'...a Chance, at being 'Whole'...again. }

The Repair Dude...did a Great Job!!
<3
He took his Time, and fixed It... The Right Way.
<3
Like another 'Master' Fixer...I know...would've.
; )

This Old...Cupboard, has been Through So Much, in the last few years.
So Much.

It's a 'Survivor'.
<3
Kinda Inspirational... 
to look at.
; )

Yes...
It Truly...
Is,
 All 
About...
'The Journey'.

Always.
; )

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.




No comments: