Saturday, July 2, 2022

There Goes...another pin feather.


Years ago...Peg, and I used to laugh...about our Smoldering 'Pin Feathers'.
How so Many....'Angels'...on this earth, we've met...have such Beautiful...Full, Clean...Glistening Wings.
Ours... would be covered in soot, smoldering...with embers....falling from them, often, from getting way too close to Hell's Fire.
; )
I smoke...too much, drink...a little too much, and...Peg, and me...have been known to Cuss Like  Sailor's...when we'd get riled up.
oh....dear.
; )

Peg, many times has said...after we'd get a little Naughty, towards something, or someone...
 that Pissed Us Off...
"There Goes Another Pin Feather!!!"
Oh Dear.
: )
Our Wings...were far from Pristine.
We Openly...Admitted...that.
{It's pretty obvious, at least concerning myself.
Peg...was an Angel. <3 We All...Knew That, Too. <3 }
but,
 were So Grateful, for Those we Knew...that were watching over us, that Had...Such Beautiful Wings.
<3

Well... I burned up a few feathers...today, at Mitchell's Dad's, 'Dave's' Funeral.
oh my.

Probably gonna piss a few off, telling this story.
It is...what it is.

Mitchell...is like a Brother, to Son, Justin.
Justin's been through Hell, lately.
 Mitchell...has been 'There' for him, through it all. <3
Monday morning, Mitchell called Justin, in a Panic. 
Mitchell went to check on his Dad, because he wasn't answering Mitchell's calls.

Mitchell...found his Dad, deceased.

Mitchell called Justin, while losing his Mind...asking Justin, what he should Do.
Justin told him to hang up, and call 911, told Mitchell he'd be there as fast as he could get there.
Justin made it to Dave's...{Mitchell's Dad's} in less than 5 minutes.

{That was Quick. Very. Those Old Ford's...know how to Get It On, when they have to. }

Mitchell, is an Only Child. He was raised by his Dad.
They..were Very, Very...Close.
<3
Mitchell's...only 25. 
Tho, I'd only met Dave...a time or two, I could tell...how Kind, and Gentle...he was.
Mitchell...is, as well.
Dave raised a Fine...Son.
<3

Justin, and Justin Jr., met me at the funeral home, this morning.
We visited with Mitchell...for several minutes, before the services.
I told Mitchell...how Sorry we all are for him, and how we so Understand.
Mitchell said... "Dad's in a Better Place, not hurting...or suffering anymore."
Told him...how right he was.
<3
and...How Blessed we all were to Have Such Wonderful Dads.
Mitchell...agreed.
<3

Here's...where things start to go...South.

Justin...Justin 'J'...and I, found a seat.
{I'm confident The Lord had a Hand, in our seating.}
I was not on the isle, where I usually try to sit....during services.
Justin 'J'...was on the isle, then...Justin, next to him...I, was seated next to Justin, two rows back..behind Mitchell.

A Man...sat directly in front of me, just before the Minister began to speak.
He was a Big Man.
I couldn't see the Minister....but I could see Mitchell.

The Minister...began to speak, he was talking about Psalm 23,...and...
John 3:16.
<3
The Minister said...he really didn't know Dave, so shared some of his own... personal stories.

Then...the Minister...started talking about 'Hell'... and what happens after we die.
Went on to say... he didn't know where Dave was.
If he was in Hell...or Heaven.
Only...Dave knows.

The Minister
 was Sure, if Dave could come back, for 5 minutes...he'd tell us, Beg us... to commit to The Lord.
{about that time...my neck turned into the neck of a Giraffe's.
It stretched in front of Son, Justin...around the Big Man...in front of me, that was blocking my Dagger Stares To the Minister....}

I could Not...believe what I was hearing, Staring Down That Minister...while watching Mitchell's back, just in front of us, KNOWING Mitchell's Heart...was Filled with Sorrow.

My Heart Was Breaking, for Mitchell....
and SO Incredibly Angry.
: (

The Minister...kept Pounding 'Hell'... 
I Kept...Burning.
oh my.
oh...my.
{My 'pin feathers'...were Burned Down to The Quill.}

When the Minister...Finally...wrapped it up, I asked Justin, and Jr., to please let me out.
I went Straight...to Mitchell.
<3
Completely Composed.
Gave him a Huge Squeeze, Looked him Square in The Eye...
and said...
"We Know Exactly Where Your Dad Is. <3 <3 <3 Heaven, Baby."
; )
Mitchell said...With Confidence....
"Yes...We Do."
<3 <3 <3 

{went...a little further South, after parting with Mitchell.}

Had a 'chat'...with 'the Minister', on my way out.
oh...my.

Think I got my point...across, about...not casting stones, as we're All Sinners.
; )
He wholeheartedly....Agreed.
and...the...
'Judge Not'...lest 'Ye'....be, 'thing'....in The Bible.
; )
He got that...too.
; )

The Golden Rule...'Thing'...is also, worth mention.

Told the Minister, it was Obvious, he didn't 'know'...Dave, or the Wonderful....Son, Dave raised.
Very...
Obvious.


Had I been on the isle, that Minister...woulda been in trouble...immediately.
I couldn't get out.
That was a 'God' Thing.
I...couldn't act on my First 'Pang'.
Had...a little time, to gain  some...'Composure'.

I guarantee you, had the Minister...at Dad's Funeral, spoken like this one....
today, 
Y'all would've read about it in the paper.

I was 23, when Dad died, I...too...was much like Mitchell.

He's in shock...will be, for a long time....so, hopefully he won't remember this.

I remember everything....about Dad's services. I was executor, like Mitchell. Nothing...was planned ahead, like with Mitchell's Dad.
Whirlwind.

I remember viewing Dad's body, at the Mortuary...

Lost... My... Mind.

Told them to get The Makeup...Off Of Dad's Face!!!
Told them...
" 'That'...Is Not My Dad."
They swore...they didn't put any makeup on him.
I, told them...to think again.
I'd seen Dad, the day before...just after he'd passed, still in the hospital bed...with smoke residue all over his face, from the fire...he died trying to put out...
THAT...was Dad.
Not...this 'Wax Figure'...they were trying to 'pass off '.

Heartbreaking.

Somehow...what they didn't 'do'...was fixed, before Dad's Funeral.

I'm so glad...we had a Celebration of Life, for John, and Mom.
No More Funerals.

Please...keep Mitchell in your Prayers.
along...with All, who are struggling, and suffering.
There Are So Many.

Love to Ya...
Prayers for All.

Barb C.



When I got home...just walked around the Yard.
Soaked in The Beauty...God has Blessed us with.
<3
The Real...Deal.
<3

May God Bless Us....
Everyone.
<3
{He Does, ya know. ; )
 After all... We Are All His Children. <3 }

At the end of the day, at a Funeral...we'd, all...
 'I'...
expect...
 God's 'Representatives'... 
to
 'Comfort' 
Those
 who
 are
 so
 Broken,
 and
 Grieving.
That's What Our God...
Our...
Lord, would do.
<3
I'm no angel...
but, I Know...our Lord.
<3



No comments: