Saturday, June 17, 2023

Happy Father's Day... to All of The GREAT 'Dads' of This World and in Heaven!!


So Incredibly Grateful... for my 'Dad'.
Always.
<3
Wishing All of The Great Dads... a Happy, Happy...
Father's Day!!
Thank You.
<3



I... didn't write about Friday, yesterday.
oh....my, 
Saturday...was a difficult day.


Friday... was Lovely!!
Took on The Lawn!!
well...
the Overgrown Vines.
; )
Some...of them.
; )
Noticed the Currants, that I thought were completely destroyed because of IDOT/Fairfax, Bike Trail project, have... slowly started to come back.
<3
They found their way back, in a much smaller way, but... are fighting their way back.
<3

Met with Allyson, in New-Bo, in Cedar Rapids, for Supper, and a concert, at 
The C.S.P.S. Hall.
: )
I arrived early, to find a parking spot.
Parking is Crazy... in New-Bo.
Steph, and Patti... invited me to join them a while back, at Crosby's, in New-Bo.
WOW!!
Great Food!!
so...
I went there, got Allyson, and myself... a table.
: )


Ordered a cool, refreshing beverage... and some Shrimp, in an Amazing... Cream Sauce.
: )
As my Mom would say... I waited for Allyson like 'One Hog Waits for Another'.
Hahahahahaha!!
Had to give that Shrimp...a taste.
; )


Allyson ordered the Seared Tuna.
Oh My!!!
She let me have a taste.
: )
Perfection!!!
So Good!!

There was Live Music playin' at New-Bo, outside.
Awesome!!


We walked through the raised beds, at New-Bo.
Very Cool.

Then, of course... we had to find 'Sugar'...for Allyson.
: )
That GIRL!!
She can Sniff out a Candy Store, or Bakery... like a Hound Dog!!
; )
<3

Allyson ordered us each a Cafe au lait.... along with Bourbon Butterscotch Monster Cookies.
; )
then...
we headed to see The Lilli Lewis Concert.



When Ms. Lewis... opened her mouth, to sing...
I about fell off of my chair.
She has the voice of an Angel.
WOW!!

Lilli is a Storyteller, as well.
Her Music, 'Art'... is much different, than I'd imagined.
So ENJOYED The Concert!!
Thanks... So Much, to Allyson, for The Invite!!
<3

I didn't get home...until after 11, Friday evening.
sadly, had a message... concerning Fairfax, when I got home.
oh...dear.
: (

everything... kinda unraveled, after that.
: (
kinda... spiraled down the rabbit hole.
{Not... The Good... 'Rabbit Hole', the Ugly one, where Fairfax, and IDOT dwell.}
: ( 

Don't think I got to sleep... until after 4 a.m.
: (
{won't write about it now.. but, it'll be in 'The Book'.}

Found my feet, this morning.
: )
It's a Beautiful... Sunday Morning.
'Father's Day'.
<3
Received a text, from a Friend, this morning... that made my Morning.
He said such kind words, about John... 
and, gave me a dose of encouragement.
: )

Somehow... our long time...Friend, sees something in me, that... 
I struggle to see.
but... Grateful, for his encouragement, this morning.
: )

Dad, always had confidence in me, he thought I could hang the Moon.
: )
{I... knew Better, but... always tried to live up... to what he 'believed' I was.}
<3
Dad, Truly.... was The Wind, beneath my wings.
<3
I was So... Incredibly Blessed.
<3

So Grateful... to All of The Amazing Men I've been Blessed to know, and have known... throughout my life.
Blessed to have some of The Most Beautiful Friends, too. 
{Those... who understand, and accept me, 'as found'. : ) <3 }

Thanks, Again... to Pal, Allyson.
She's quite an Angel.
{Still think she's using me for a 'Study Subject'... 
and will be writing her own book, someday.
 : )
I expect Royalties. }
: )

Love to Ya...
Happy Father's Day!!
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

No comments: