Monday, June 12, 2023

Where Good Fellows Meet.


Long.... Days.
but...
Good Ones.
<3
: )

Was planning on having The Rabbit Hole Open... Sunday.
but... 
wanted to check on Chris, help him decide where to 'Go'...
with what was left of his things.

Chris had a Very Good... Sale.
: )

I...called in a few more Friends, bought... a few of the leftovers, myself.
; )


Wish I could've done more... for Chris, but... he's in better shape than he was, last Thursday.
; )

Thanks So Much... to Everyone who Stopped by, and Shopped with Chris.
; )


When Pal, Mark... was shopping at Chris's.. last Thursday, during the 'Flash Sale'...
Mark found this Cool... Advertising Pocket Wet Stone.
: )
Mark...offered Chris 5.00 for it, Chris... said he'd like to get 10.00.
Mark... couldn't quite step up.
{It's not perfect, and...for re-sale, I get it. }
I told Chris, I'd pay 10.00 for it, after Mark, declined.
Love It.
I'll sharpen my old knives with it... and enjoy every moment, while doing so.
{I hadn't seen it. Mark...is a Master 'Digger'!!
I didn't have any part of pricing it, so... didn't feel concerned about purchasing it.}


Found the above Glass... Advertising Stir Stick, as I was unpacking, on Thursday, as well...
got a little selfish, with it.
; )

Told Chris... and Mark, I had to have this.
Name a Price.

When I read...
"Where Good Fellows Meet"...
it was all over.
; )

Reminded me of The Rabbit Hole, along with So Many... 'Favorite Places'... I've been Blessed to Dwell, over my life.
; )

Chris... Gave... them to me, along with his Honda Push Mower.
<3
{Trust Me... I Offered to Pay!!!! }
{I...Need a Push Mower. Helper, Brandon... mows, but... oh my, I've got to start helping him with the weed whipping, and a push mower. It's gettin' OUT OF HAND... around here.}


Saturday... Son, Justin, and his Awesome Neighbor's were working on building a deck, on the North side of Justin's Home.
I picked up some Casey's Pizza... for them, on my way to visit them, and 'Romeo'.
; )

By the time I arrived, they'd run out of materials, and were ready to be Done... for the day.
; )

It was Fun... watching everyone have a Good Time.
They Bust Their Tail's... Every Day.

Bear, along with All... of The Critter's, are Much Loved, at Justin's.
<3
: )

<3


<3


Jun-Bug...
has an old fishing pole rigged up, with a strap, with a knot... on the end, that Bear...
Goes Crazy Over!!
<3 <3 <3 

<3


Chickens... Kids... Dogs... Geese... Turkeys...
'Romeo'...
and Great Neighbors... in The Country.
<3


 <3

<3



Bobby, Frank... Romeo, and Jun-Bug.
<3

I took Romeo, for a nice... long ride, Saturday afternoon.
We got to know one another.
<3
He's a Young Horse... just a 4 year old.
Justin bought him from his Friend, Marvin... who is an Amishman.
Marvin assured Justin, 'Romeo'... was quiet, and Kid Broke.
<3
Marvin said... he'd been using 'Romeo'... pulling a manure spreader all week, just before Justin got him.
Marvin's Kid's had been riding him... all over.
Romeo... is broke to ride, and drive.
<3

I, agree... Romeo is a Gentle Soul.
<3
but...
He's 'Amish Broke'.
Romeo... has a lot to learn.
but...
He's Smart... and, so Incredibly Gentle, been exposed... to Traffic, and... really wants to Please.
<3
That's 99% of Perfection.
<3
The rest... will come Easy.
<3

Curried Romeo out, when I arrived.
Threw the bridle on him,
Jun-Bug asked me if I was going to saddle Romeo up.
Nope.
I...prefer to ride bareback. 
: )
Justin, said... 
"Oh... no, Grandma.
He doesn't like to be ridden without a saddle. Romeo threw the neighbor off, the other day when she tried to ride him bareback. Don't do it... Grandma."
: (

: )
I climbed on Romeo... and away we went.
Bareback.
: )
{It's been about 12 years since I last rode Scout, oh my... found muscles... 
 forgot I had, Saturday.}
<3
{Used to Laugh.. at people like I am, now. : ) : ) : ) }

I put Romeo through his paces.
Made him 'Walk'...
'Stand'.
'Back'.

Anyone... can make a Horse... 'Run'.
: (

Teaching them 'Manners'... 'Patience', 
then...
Earning their 'Trust',
and...
'Respect'...
are The Most Important Things, in the beginning.
<3
{in my opinion.}

Then... I saddled up Romeo, so Jun-Bug could ride.
{Justin... is more confident with a saddle. : ) }

Jun-Bug...
ADORES...
Romeo.
<3

They both have a lot to learn, but...
they're both Young, and will Learn...
Together.
<3


I'll try and help out... as much as I can.
<3
Romeo... need's to learn to neck rein.
That's Easy.
He's been taught only to 'Plow Rein'... living 'Amish'.
Justin... needs to remember, 'who's the boss'.
; )

Romeo... is Far... from Workin'... like he used to.
He's kinda Diggin' his Freedom.
; )
{Heaven}
Romeo... needs to have a Lot of Attention.
Daily.
or...
He'll become Spoiled, like Our Beloved, Scout.
<3
Hahahahaha!!!
<3 <3 <3 

<3 <3 <3


Jun-Bug...
and Scoutaroo.
<3 <3 <3 



Jun-Bug... came up to the house... this morning, told me...
he rode Romeo, bare back... yesterday.
; )
I asked him how he liked it.
He said... "I like it better than with a saddle, but... it's hard to hang on."
: )

Told Justin... it won't be... for long.
; )
His muscles will get used to it, in no time.
; )
Anybody... can sit in a saddle.
It takes a Real Horseperson... to Ride Bareback.
; )

Jun-Bug... asked me if I thought Romeo preferred a Saddle.
: )
I asked... "Would You?" 
: )
Told him, I sure wouldn't want a heavy saddle on my back... and, cinched up tight, around me.
; )
<3

Met with Steph.. and Patti, yesterday... at Chris's Sale, then... we went for a late lunch.
oh my.
{and Bud! <3}
So Much... coming down the pipeline, for so many.
I...swear, if We All Sat Down... Together, we could figure The World... Out.
; )

I'd planned on working on the Lawn, today.
It's Cool, and Beautiful.
<3
About 8 a.m. this morning... those 'plans'... were Dashed.
: (
Had unexpected 'Visitors'... coming.
I'd completely forgotten about prior commitments.
: ( 
 Last week with 'Fairfax' West Cemetery Bridge Condemnation... BS, of our Land...
well... oh my.
 : ( : ( : ( 
Had to clean the House... in a HURRY, this morning.
{I've been so Insanely 'Cinched' Up... for the last several Weeks. The House... wasn't Ready, for 'Company'.}
: (

Did the best I could... : )
Gratefully... the 'Company' was a little late.
{Praise God!!}
; )

The top image, is of a little One Gallon, mid 1800's Salt Glazed, Stoneware... Ovoid Jar,
Chris, had planted in.
{Chris had Many... Beautiful Plants. : ) }
Bought it from him, yesterday.
: )
Chris said... "I know... you probably are buying this for re-sale, {for the 'Crock'.} but, I'm glad you're getting it.
: )
Told him... he was wrong.
Someday... I may have to Sell it, like he is... now, and I've had to... in the past.
; )
but...
for now....
 Both... the Plant, he Planted...
and...
the Old... Ovoid Jar, that was his Mom's... will find a Place, in my Home.
; )
<3

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for ALL!!!
Oh My!!!

Barb C.



No comments: