Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Smoke on The Water.


Smoke...
Everywhere.
Wow.

Had to make a Mad Dash... yesterday morning, to pick up a tiered concrete fountain...
before meeting with a Client's Daughter, concerning an Estate Sale.
When I walked outside, thought... it was just Summer Haze... in the air.
Turns out... it was Smoke, from the Fires in Canada.
Wow.
Can't Imagine what it must be like in Canada.
: (
Terrible!
So Sad!!
: (

Pal, Bill... met me at the Client's Husband's Shop.
We visited with her Daughter, Katie.
Went through the building, and equipment.
I'll have more details, hopefully... by Saturday.

When we parted, invited Katie to have lunch with me, at one of my Favorite Places.
Edith Lucielle's, on Mt. Vernon Road, in Cedar Rapids.

We had such a nice visit.
Her Dad... sadly, passed away, last November, quite suddenly.
They were a very close Family.
<3
Enjoyed hearing all about her Dad, and the wonderful times they shared.
Her Dad... was a Cool Cat. 
: )
Looking at his Shop... seeing what he collected, and enjoyed working with, along with Katie's memories, helped us get to know him... in his absence.

I would've liked to have known him.
I'd bet... we have many people in common, in the same circle.

Listening to Katie, and visiting with her Mom, the other day... oh my.
Way too many parallels.

It was late afternoon, when I got Home.
Was supposed to meet with Pal, Patti... but, I was too weary.
Drained.
We're meeting this afternoon, instead.

: )

A Friend, called late, last night...
we visited for a long time.
Her life... is turned Upside Down, these days.
'Silly Silo'
: (
but... looking at her situation, over the years, I Truly believe, this upheaval, 
in her life... seems Crazy, now...
but, things will start to straighten out.
: )
Sometimes... it takes a Long Time, to get to the 'Beginning'.
'New Beginning'.

Sometimes... I think... people stay in unhappy situations, for a long time... because it's easier to keep in the routine.
I can't see that as being healthy, for anyone concerned.

I watched someone I Loved Dearly, go through a similar situation.
She walked away from it... but, then... went back.
She told me that she felt she'd made a 'Promise'... and was bound to keep it.
She paid a heavy price, staying.
: (
My heart is still... so very sad, for her...
when I think about it.

I would never give anyone advise, about 'staying' or 'leaving'... a situation.
I just wish everyone ...
'Happiness'.
'Contentment'.
'Love'.
Folk's need to figure out what that means to them, on their own, in their own time.
I will... say this,
Life... is So Incredibly Short, to not experience some level of the above.

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.


No comments: