Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Happy Flag Day!! Oh... dear.


I post this picture... about every year, on Flag Day... or Memorial Day, or... on 
Independence Day.
<3
I have the real... original... photo, somewhere.
: )
Love It.
<3
It was captured around the turn of the last Century, I'd guess.
Ya can't read it on this copy... but the Boat is named "Dixie".
<3
sadly... 'These' days... someone, might have an issue with that.
: (
Our 'Young'... Country, has sure seen a lot, over the last 247 years, or so.
Grateful... for Our Country.
Can't Imagine... living anywhere else.
<3


I've been kind of a slug, again... today, so... just walked through the House, this late...afternoon, thinking about what to write about.
In the Kid's old bedroom, found the above etching, we've had forever.
<3
It dates... from about the same time, as the photo, above.
'Gibson Girls'...
Artist, Charles Dana Gibson, back in the late 1800's, through WW1, had a Beautiful way, of portraying Women.
<3 <3 <3 



I Gotta tell ya, 
; )
The Old...Old... Days, were kinda good, I believe.
Not For Everyone.
Still Aren't, for Everyone.
: (
When I reflect... on our 'History'... 
oh my, 
and... where we are Today, again...
I Gotta tell, ya...
I'm Proud.
; )
It's a BIG Struggle, trying to navigate 'Freedom'.
Looking back, I see...
Americans... are pretty good at it.
: )

There's corruption, liars... and cheats.
but...
There's some Amazing People, 'Americans' who... over the many, many... decades, have Seen Through It All.
<3
There's Always Hope.
<3
The Truth, will... Shine Through.
<3



yes...
I was an Absolute...
'slug', today.
{At Rest}
; )

Normally, I can take half of a benadryl... to knock me out, but...
I stepped it up, a bit, last night.
Took two.
{Hadn't slept for so long.}
oh dear...
I Slept, last night... <3
but, was in a big Fog, most of today.
{I don't do 'drugs' well. Wine... on the other hand. : ) }
Hahahahaha!!!

I'm still very wound up... over last weeks meeting, concerning the West Cemetery Road Bridge.
 Fairfax's Hired Engineer, and his IDOT funded design...
for replacing a 25 foot bridge, that has Served Fairfax Well... for it's 'Purpose', of a few hundred vehicles a day, for over a Hundred Years, 
with one...
He's designing, {His Firm} that's as big as The 151 Highway Bridge, that carries 13,000 to 15,000 Vehicles a Day.
140 feet long... and, much, much... much... Wider.
Encroaching... with a Trail... On, and Under...
YET AGAIN...Into our Property. 
oh dear.
; )





Teeny...
Tiny...
Little Bridge.
<3
; )
Served It's PURPOSE, for over a Hundred Years.
Seems.... maybe, there's 
'Other Purposes'... for this little old, bridge.
????????

That Highway 151 Bridge, is quite a Mystery, to Fairfax's...
 Hired Engineer, it seems.
??????????
: )
Bless his heart.
He... doesn't like to talk about it.
; )
?????????
{Watch the YouTube video, I posted of The West Cemetery Road Bridge Meeting, last week. I'm guessing it was about half of the way through... the 'meeting'.  That Entire... meeting, was quite interesting, on so many levels.}

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{Gonna be another benadryl evening, I can feel it. : ) }


No comments: