Monday, June 19, 2023

As Am I.


Sunday mornin'... Pal, Patti... gave me a call.
{'Fern Hill', South Amana, Iowa.}
She was driving by... on her way home, from Church.
; )
Told her to Swing On In... ; )
We sat under John's Old... Oak, and visited, for a long time.
<3
{I swear... we could Solve All of The World's Problems, under that Old... Oak.}
; )
then...
out of the blue, heard a voice...
it was JOEY!!!
<3 <3 <3 
Joey... is such a Dear Soul!!
: )
He's one of the Kindest People... I've ever known.
So Caring.
He works with Hospice, and Brings Comfort...
to
Many.
<3

Joey's been a Dear Friend, to Patti, and me... over the years.
oh my.
<3
We All... took a Seat, under The Old Oak, and visited.
<3
Joey 'Digs'... Vintage Concrete Statuary.
<3
He admired the pieces that Friends have given me, over the years, by the house.
<3
Shared 'Them'... Dear Friends... with Joey.
Those Dear Friends... may be gone... but, never, ever... forgotten. 
<3

After my Wonderful Sunday Morning Visitors... went on their way, I found my way, to the grocery store.
Mother Hubbard's Cupboard... was bare.
Knew this week... was going to be more than Full.
Which... it is.


Turned the front of The Rabbit Hole, Upside Down... getting the Amazing Saint, pulled from his longtime display, this morning.
{Gonna Miss Him!!}
His owner, Tom... is taking him back Home.
<3
I...couldn't get him sold.
He's... got a heavy price,{for The Rabbit Hole. : ) }
 but... he Should have.
He's carved wood, from the mid 1800's.
Stunning.
Stunning.
<3
Soulful.
<3
So Enjoyed The Saint, while he visited.
<3

then...
made deliveries, brought home... a few, 'treasures'... as well.
; )

It was toasty... today.
Gonna get Warmer, yet... as the week goes on...they say.
Yard Work... tomorrow.
Oh BOY!!!
: )
Hahahahahaha!!!
; )
Don't know why I bother putting 'War Paint' on, these Hot Days.
It all... melts off, so quickly.
; )
Livin' in Fairfax...Iowa, 'These Days'...
I wouldn't Dream... of walkin' out the door, without 'War Paint'...
and a 'Suit of Armor'.
Ever.
; )
{Patti... Roared... when I shared that with her, yesterday. : )
She Knows!!!}
; )
 


I'd meant to post the above, yesterday.
<3

The truth... is, I could post the above...
Every Single Day.
; )

Often... wonder, what Marion Conner would think,
 of his youngest daughter... 
 'These Days'.
{These... last... several 'interesting' years,
 while dealing with 'Iowa Department of Transportation', and Fairfax, Iowa 'City Hall'.}

I'm not... the 'Girl'... I used to be.
{Lord... Lord. ; ) }
but...
 Knowing... my Dad,
 I can guess, confidently, 
He'd Love Me Anyway, and... be proud of me.
<3
{and... Grateful... for Those, who've walked beside me, when... he couldn't.}
<3 <3 <3 
As... Am I.

Love to Ya.
Prayers... for All.

Barb C. 


No comments: