Friday, June 23, 2023

but... What do I... know?


Worked in a tiny corner... of the rabbit hole, today.
Gutted it, swept... got the screw-gun hummin'.... 
then...
filled it up, again.
: )

It was pretty toasty, today.
Don't have 'air' in the rabbit hole.
Used to, before the Greenhouses went up.
It, surprisingly... stays fairly cool, without it, most of the day. 
I'll get to the rabbit hole, early... tomorrow, while it's still kinda cool, get the Shop-Vac, hummin'.
Worked in the yard... this morning, before it got Cookin'.
Little, by little... I'm holdin' The Gnarliness... kinda back, oh my.
Crazy...Crazy... Wild, 'Insanity'.
; )

Didn't put the 'Open' sign out, today.
So Much... to get done.
Always is, I suppose.
; )

Tried not to think about 'City Hall'... today.
Not easy.
Watching that last meeting, {June, 13, 2023} seeing someone else... being treated so wrongly, in my opinion, oh my.
Sounds like he has a Lawyer.
; )
He's gonna Need One.

'City Hall's' 'Word'... doesn't mean much, it seems, even to some of The Longest Living... in Fairfax, Citizens.
Prominent... Citizens.
The council can break a promise with a 'thought', it appears.
Especially... when they are looking out for a family member, or... an employer, or...
'both', in this circumstance... it appears.

It'll be interesting, how this 'Battle' plays out.
Another... Battle, for Fairfax.
: (
None of This... is on Fairfax's New Mayor, Jo Ann Beer.
Everything... that's coming down the pipeline... rests squarely, it appears, on the video...
on
 The Council.

People should watch it... for themselves....
from about 20:10 to 43:18.
There's a lot... to hear, in those 23 minutes.
oh my.
Maybe... someone else would have a different opinion.
{many things a council member said, during the meeting....
 well... I believe, he's mistaken. 
; )
I... believe, it will be pretty easy to prove. 
I'm... guessing it will be, disproved... knowing who they are picking on now. }

Love to Ya...
Prayers for All.

Barb C.

{Had I attended this meeting, I believe... I would've asked, how Much... IDOT took, along the front of their properties... on 151, that Used to be Drainage???
'Ditch'.
Hmmmmm?

The Man they're picking on now, has been here, in Fairfax... longer than Everyone, that's complaining.
So have Other's... they are Now... complaining about.
Hmmmmm??? 
It was Good To Hear... Councilman Daly... have such an Understanding about his employer's/father in law's.... Flooding Drive, on 151 with the water, snow... and ice melt. 
Seems... we have That... in common.
; )

39:40 to 43:13  timestamp... from the June 13, 2023, Fairfax, Iowa... City Council Meeting, are quite interesting... 'moments'... in my opinion...
but, 
what do I know? }

I'm gonna post that meeting video, above... again.
; )
{Thanks... So Much, to Madam Mayor, Jo Ann Beer... for Pushing Cameras Through, So Quickly after she was elected.

Transparency...
is
Everything.}
<3

I'm listening to Marty Robbins, and Merle, tonight.
They make me Smile.
<3
It's been a Long Day.
; )
It's been... Many, Many... Long Days.
<3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The council wanted the camera's according to Kate pacha on the Friends of Fairfax FB page.

Simply Iowa said...

Well... I gotta tell ya, I begged at meetings for the council, before, and after Ms. Pacha was on the council.
Oh... they'd discuss it... and 'discuss' it. Nothing... would 'happen'.
During the Covid Lock Down... Fairfax should've gotten them then. Nope.
I believe, every single community surrounding Fairfax, Big, and Small... have had cameras for years.
I had to chuckle, when newly elected Councilman, Tom Nurre asked about them at an open council meeting. That was early in 2022, I believe.
'Crickets' were all I heard from the 'then' Mayor, and the rest of the council.
There's a video of Councilman Daly, arguing the point of having cameras. Against them. It can be seen on YouTube. Dan Wozniak, a concerned... private Citizen has been recording the meetings for a while. Daly thought Mr. Wozniak should continue to take video, "Out of the Kindness of his heart", said, Daly... and Fairfax shouldn't have it's own. Oh my. I'm trying to find that video. It's under Dan Wozniak Fairfax, IA - City Council Meeting. It was earlier this Spring.
The Only Councilman, I've ever kind of heard push on cameras, was Nurre. That being said, after watching 'Cameras' be brought up, then dropped, again... and again... and Again, it wasn't until Jo Ann Beer won the special election... and made cameras First Priority, I'd bet... without her, they'd still... be 'discussing'... them.
I'll try and find that video, and post it.