Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Soulfulness...



Back in January, at The Anamosa Show...
Pal, Steph...brought in an Old...Old...Sofa.
I nearly Dropped when I saw it!!!
Oh My!!
Told Steph That Old Sofa was The Gnarliest, Most Soulful Sofa...I'd Ever Seen!
Told her how Much I Loved It!!!
{It dates from the 1870's, I'd guess <3 }

Steph said... "Well ya should, I bought it from you years ago!!"
Hahahahahaha!!!!

Oh My Gosh!!!
Steph said she'd bought it at one the Big Sales, here...
I, don't remember which one, those Sale Days, were INSANE!!
WOW!!

Steph used it all over the Country, as a Prop, at her Fabric Trade Shows!!
It's been Everywhere, from Iowa, to Huston, to....California.
<3

The One Thing...that never waivers is my Love of Old.
'Soulfulness'.
<3
if....
I Loved something, Once...I'll Always Love It.
<3

No Trendy 'Fads'...for me.

That Old...Soulful Sofa, came Home with me, from Anamosa.
<3

Set the JJ Booth around it, in Des Moines.
It was such an Anchor in the booth.
So Beautiful.
So Welcoming.
<3

It's upholstery is partially deconstructed, exposing it's original tufting, and boar hair stuffing.
It's Indescribable.
<3
When you touch it...there's a warmth that makes my heart swell.

Many others, felt that way too.
<3

Many times, during the show...I'd turn around, and see Folks sitting on it.
{That doesn't happen in most booths. 
Folks, seem to feel at ease in the Simply Iowa Booth. 
Love That! 
<3 }

I always encourage Folks to sit, and want Children to 'touch'...things that intrigue them.
Children...never break things, they really don't.
If something gets damaged, It's usually Me, that does it.
Hahahahaha!!
; )


The above Girls...came in the booth, on Saturday.
 I got The Biggest Kick out of them.
oh my.
: )

They Fell In Love With That Old Sofa!!!
<3
Plopped right down, on it, and Made Themselves at Home.
<3

The Girl on the right, was All Over That Old Sofa!!
She's a Litigation Attorney, in Des Moines.
She wanted it for her Office.
She, and her Sister... {left}...talked and talked...about that sofa.

When they took off, they said they had to do some thinking about The Sofa.
Sunday morning...they called me, to see if The Sofa was still available.
It was.
<3



The Girl's came back...went over The Sofa, like Duck's on a June Bug!!
Hahahahaha!!!
Flipped it over, pondered, and thought.
; )

They had spent the day prior getting ideas on what the cost would be to reupholster The Sofa.

Uh....oh.
; (

Then, I sat down...with the Girls, and explained to them why, that would be a bad idea.
: )

As I watched the Young Attorney, 'Love On'...that Old Sofa, I could see her 'Love of Old', 'Soulfulness'...as she ran her hands over the old Tufting, and Velvet.
: )

I brought up images of Victorian Sofas that were 'perfect', and reupholstered, on my phone.
Told the Girls...here's what's gonna happen, should you buy this, and have it re-done.

You'll drop it off, to be reupholstered, then...
go, pick it up...
write a Big Fat Check, for the work, and fabric...
and be Sick, when you see it, like Brand New.

Told them...what Drew them to The Old Sofa, was it's 'Soulfulness'.
<3
I, could Plainly See...That.
: )
{I KNOW That Look, better than Anyone. <3 }
That...
would be All Gone, should it be re-done.

It was heartbreaking, because...she didn't think the Sofa would be well received at her Office, by others, in it's Original Soulfulness, tho...She agreed, I was right, That's EXACTLY...Why, She Loved It So.
<3
The images of those that were 'perfect'...wasn't what she was after.
She didn't have a place for it in her Home, she...was Twisting, over The Sofa.

Told her...Some Day....she'll have her Own Firm, or...make Partner, and Have The Coolest Office Ever, because her Eye...is AMAZING!!!
<3

The Old Sofa, isn't just a 'sofa'....
It's a piece of Art.
She has an Artist's Eye.
That'll Never Change.
: )

She's Still...Thinkin' on The Sofa!!!
She walked away, but...told me I might see her at Gold Rush, if she can figure out a PLACE for The Sofa, As Found!!
<3 <3 <3 

Priceless.
<3


Yep...
It was a Lovely Junk Jubilee.


So Many Great Folks, Made Themselves...
Right at Home!!
<3
; )


Pal, Kelly... <3
She's So Sweet.
Brought me a Beautiful, framed Postcard, with a Mare, and Foal...in Scout's Memory.
<3 <3 <3 
Then, Kelly sat down...and minded the booth, so I could take a break.
What a Sweetie.
<3


Sold Like CRAZY...
but....
BOUGHT Like CRAZY...Too!!!
Hahahahahaha!!
oh...dear.
; )

Love That Show!!!
Micca, The Promoter, her Beautiful Sister, Shelli, and Their Crew, are Top Notch!
Love Them!!

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

Next Event...
Gold Rush!!


I've got to completely unload, and reload The FUSO.
It was a Mess...Loading Out, at JJ.
oh my.
; )

No comments: