Saturday, April 9, 2022

Git 'er Done. Whatever It Takes.


Memories.
oh my.
Love seeing them pop up on FB, mostly.
When the IDOT memories pop up...well, they get me goin'.
All I could think of, when last night's memory of them diggin' in front of our home...was, 
'Let The Flooding...Begin'.

It has.
13 times.
in draught years.
wow.

As I'm cleaning...decided I'm not going to touch the basement.
Can't bear being there...only long enough to do laundry.
It's completely destroyed.
Flooded, sheetrock gone.
Cobwebs...everywhere.
Everything toted up...piled...high.

Couldn't have Spring and Fall Sales...for 3 years...so every building is Full.
The parking...is horrible, since the IDOT shortened Stallman Drive, taking The Rabbit Hole's drainage...with it.
Don'tknow if I'll ever be able to have Big Events here...again.
Trying to make sense of it all.

Keep trying to count my Blessings.
: )
The top image popped up, today.
That's my 'Git 'er Done'...picture.
; )

It's been 4 years since I took the tumble down the basement steps.
The Dr.'s told me I was lucky to have survived.
So...that's a Blessing.
So many helped out, when I was broken...
Blessings.
<3
When the below quote popped up, this morning in my memories...thought how Blessed I am, to have Friends, who like Weird People.
Black Sheep.
Cause...that, I am.
; )

Remember...when I got that prescription...being so frustrated that I'd forgotten to tell them to put a regular cap on it...then, struggling to open it with my left hand, then...my teeth, to no avail.
oh my.
Then...saw the old...pointed scissors.
Whatever It Takes.
Git 'er Done!

Life's...the same way.
 This IDOT mess... really frustrates me.
It's exhausting.

Maddening.
Heartbreaking.

I gotta get back to work. 
Want to have the bedroom done, today.
Have to.


Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.



 

No comments: