Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Lady-like.


The above popped up on my FB Memories...today, from 10 years ago.
It Got me...Again!
Spit Coffee across the table after reading the end.
Hahahahahaha!!!!!
So True!!!

Was thinking about Mom, yesterday...too.
She was Such a Lady.
<3
I hear her voice...often, when difficult situations arise.
<3
She was also...Tuff as Nails, when things got squirrely. 
<3
Dad, was a patient Man...he had the patience of Job.
He also...had a Temper.
Never towards me. 
It took a Lot to make Dad lose his.
I've only witnessed it a handful of times.


I remember, when I was little, some young men...were harassing Mom, there were three of them. They flagged her down on a gravel road...near our home...and wanted her to give them a ride. 
One...spit in her face, when she wouldn't let them in the car.

Lord, Lord.

I've Never Seen Dad So Angry.
Dad jumped in the car, Mom, Dad...and I...tracked those men down...
Those 'men'...didn't stand a chance, with Dad...and his Temper.
Dust was Flyin'.
{so were Fists}
I, didn't know Dad could move that fast.
{Dad was in his late 50's. What a Man. }


Think I got a bit of my temper from Dad.
It takes a Lot...to get my blood boiling, but when it does....
oh dear. 
Certainly not Lady-like.
Not 'Mother' Approved.
; )

Sure wish these 'battles' of late...could be fought with fists.
The heart, and mental stress...'beatings' are much more difficult to handle than physical stress.
Dad always said...he'd rather be beaten physically, than emotionally abused.
me...too.

The emotional battle wounds often don't heal well.

Mom would've been proud of me, yesterday....I think.
<3
Did my best...to behave as she would've.
Not easy...being 'Lady Like'. 
Not..at all. 

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

No comments: