Saturday, April 30, 2022

Camel... Reindeer...Mortuary...Caskets...Skeletons, and Great Bar Food. Simply.... Iowa.




Oh my...
one never Knows, where This Cool, Old Stuff...will take One.
: )


Had a Wonderful Day, Thursday...
delivering the Beautiful, Big...Fountain, to Pal, Jodi.
; )
She and her Husband, John...have a B&B, in Chelsea, Iowa...
It's Absolutely Insane!!
So Cool!!

The Huge Mortuary {Periwinkle} has been completely restored, they have Amazing Parties, there...
Have  'Murder Mystery' Theatres, have a Stage, for Singing...and, have a Lot Of Fun!!

: ) : ) 

It was Grand, meeting Jodi's Family. 
{Two, and Four Legged. <3 }

Sadly, Jodi, and John's other Farm, was nearly Leveled by The Derecho, in 2020.
THAT...has been Exhausting for them...trying to get it cleaned up.
They're Such Good Folks.
{Mr., and Mrs. Santa Claus, during the Holiday Season. They travel All Over, with Rudy, and Sleigh, visiting Children. <3 }

Then, we went to Supper, in Atkins, where Daughter, Liz...works.
{Jodi, and Liz...are also Pals. ; ) }

Jodi's Pal, Sue...met us there...we had a Wonderful Time!!

Bobby T's was Packed, for Card Draw, a Raffle, and our Table...did pretty Good!
: )

I went outside to smoke...then, when coming back, inside...I saw a Family walking up to the door of Bobby T's.
The Dad, said...
"Oh...we'll never get a table...it's Packed!!"
The Couple had 3 small children, I...stepped up, held the door, and said...
"Oh Yes!!! We'll find Ya a Table!! My Daughter Bartends here, She'll take Good Care of Ya!!"

I walked inside...we all did some Shufflin', and they were Seated.
<3
The Couple were Very Grateful, for our efforts.

{That 'Bar' Food...is Insane! Their Pizza, is OVER THE TOP!!}

Son in Law, Adam, was at the bar... he asked me if I knew who those Folk's were, that we'd helped get seated.

I, thought the Dad..looked kinda familiar, but, asked him who they were.

: )

Turned out...he's a Dude, I've had a few go rounds with, concerning Fairfax.
; )

{He didn't recognize me, either. }

So....
I went over and re-introduced myself.
; )

The Couple...looked very stunned.
; )

The Husband said...
as I shook his hand...
"You are Really Nice...
'here'."


Hahahahahahahaha!!!

yeah, 'Fairfax', and their Shenanigans, have a Way of bringing out The Worst, in me.
"The Warrior".

Told our Lawyer, yesterday....I've often thought, wished....I could've met some of these Folks, differently.

It's not my nature, to be a Warrior.
I, Love....People.
{most of 'em. 
Those I don't...just keep my distance from.
Live, and let Live.}

Enjoy Serving, and making Folks Feel At Home, wherever....we may be.

but...
when someone is stepping Hard on your toes, well...
I'll give 'em a Free Pass, 
Once.
; )
Everybody Slips, now...and again.
<3
If I ask them to not do that again, and they do it....anyway, I won't step back, a second time.
I'll step right up...to 'em.

It's all about respect, and treating Folks, like you'd like to be treated.

That's all.

It hasn't been that way, in Fairfax, for many years.
When you're fighting for your life, against Fairfax, and IDOT, watching them not only Step on ya...but wrongfully Crush, your life...
I, do...tend to Stand Up.

Nothing 'personal'.
I don't 'hate'...anyone.
Just despise...their wrongful 'Choices'.

It was a Wonderful Evening.
All the way around.

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

On The Road, today....with Pal, Allyson.
Back to Des Moines!!
; )

No comments: