Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Yes I Can. Yes...We Can.


Seriously.
This...is Ridiculous. 
Winter.....
in Iowa.
; )

I haven't stepped outside, since The Blizzard, last week.
It was Absolutely...Beautiful...today.
<3
; )

Didn't enjoy knocking all of the snow...off of Jethro, but...
enjoyed...
Spinnin' a Donut, or...two, in the still... unplowed areas.
; )
God Created The Ford Mustang with Unplowed {Private}Roads...in mind.
: )
Fun.
Fun.
: )
Fun.
; )

On Christmas Day... was Missing someone.
: )
He always calls me, on Christmas...and, every Birthday.
Has for over 40 years.
Pal, Skip.
: )
We met each other through our Dads.
They...were Junk Men, Scrappers.
Skip, worked with his Dad, I...worked with mine.
It was Always...a Competition...
between, Skip...
and, myself.
Always.

Who had the Fastest Old Truck.
Who...could Load a Truck...Heavier, and Get It Across The Scales...
Quicker.
; )
It went On, and On.... And On.
Skip Made Me INSANE!!!
: )

I'd ignore Skip....
until, I couldn't.
Then...it was, "ok." 
Head Down... Horns Sharpened.
I'm Comin' After Ya!!!
and, I did.
Big Time.
: )
Let's GO!!!
; )

I'd Kick Skip's Truck's, Loads...all over the place.
but, Skip...was The Winner.
: )
He didn't care about 'Winning'. He enjoyed watching me, Kick His Butt!!!
Hahahahaha!!!
{Figured that out...years later. : ) }

Skip...was always like a Brother, to me.
<3
{I understand... Men, don't like to hear that. They really...should think about that.
: )
When...you are backed into a corner, Who...would you rather have at your side.
A 'Wife'?
A 'Girlfriend'?
or...
Devoted 'Sister'.
???
; )
<3

My experience with 'Devoted Sisters'....
hahahahaha.
They, aren't anyone...to be Messed With.
<3

When I didn't hear...from Skip, on Christmas...I called him.
: )
He answered his phone...
"Hello, Baby... Merry Christmas."
: )
{I was afraid...Skip wouldn't answer. He's been struggling, this last year.}

I was Overjoyed...to Hear His Voice!!
: )
Skip...said, he's down to 135 pounds.
{Skip...is 6 feet Tall.}

What was my...reply.

" I outweigh You, these days. You know what that means. I can Kick Your Ass, easily.. Left, and Right Arm... Arm Wrestling.
and...
most likely...
Drink Ya... Under The Table."
; )

then...
I burst into tears.
Told Skip.... He'd Better Start Taking Better Care, of Himself.
<3
asked Skip...
{Huge... Mopar/Chevy.... Man} 
if...
He'd Lower Himself...into an Old Ford, and...take a Ride, with me, should I swing by... 
and...
Travel these wrongful highways... and, just... 'remember'.
: )
Skip... agreed to.
{That's a Big Deal. : ) }





I SO Wanted to Be There..... with Liz, Adam...and Skip, that day.
Sadly...I was sitting in John's Lazy Boy... after a Big Surgery.
That...little tumble, down the basement stairs...had me laid up, for a while.

I'll Never Forget That Birthday.
even...if I couldn't attend.
Priceless.
<3 <3 <3 

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

No comments: