Monday, December 5, 2022

Old.... Faithful.


Slipped 'Old Faithful'... on, yesterday.
<3

Met with Pal, Patti...for a very quick Bite, before my meeting with Josey Wales.
When she saw me, asked...if I'd just bought a 'New Jacket'.
: )
Told her...
" ah, no."
; )
I've had this 'one', for 40 years.
John bought it for me.
{On 'Lay Away'. <3 }
Back...in The Day.
: )


Used to wear it every day, in the Fall...Winter, and early Spring.


John took the above picture, the day I got the stitches out of my nose.
: )
{I don't like having my picture taken. Especially...at That Time!!! I, got even with John, over the years...hahahahaha. He hated having His Picture taken, more than I did. Oh Boy!! ; ) }

Was in a horrible car accident, December 20th., 1983, not far from Home, on 151.
I was wearing 'Old Faithful', the day of the accident.
'Old Faithful'... and my Waitress Uniform, which...was a Dress.
: )
That accident, should've killed me.
It would've... had I been driving my regular 'Driver'.
1975 Trans Am.
The TA, was in the shop...with a chipped gear tooth, in his Rock Crusher 4 Speed Transmission.
 John gave me an old...Massive...Ford LTD, to drive, until the TA was repaired.
{I...Despised Driving That 'Boat'!!! Oh My!! : ) }
That 'Boat'... well, It saved my life.
<3
Sadly, the LTD, didn't survive.
: (
It took out...The Huge, Lumber Truck, that pulled out in front of us.
Knocked it's rear axel...completely out from under it.
Gratefully, The Truck Driver, and...me, walked away from that one.
<3

I'll never forget standing on 151, thinking I'd just killed someone.

The Truck Driver... thought the same thing.

When I saw him...standing a football field away, on 151, Lord!!!
We both ran {I hobbled... : )} to each other...
stood, in the 'Stopped' 151, Embracing Each Other!!
So HAPPY...we both Survived.
<3 <3 <3 

If...'Old Faithful'... could talk.
: )
It's Seen, and Heard... A Lot.
: )



Daughter, Liz... several years ago, pulled 'Old Faithful', from the closet.
She was going through Pure Hell, back then.
: (.........
Liz asked me, if she could borrow it.
<3

She Needed The Strength that 'Old Faithful'... 
has.
<3
I Feel It, every single time I slip it on.
Always have.
: )

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

No comments: