Sunday, December 25, 2022

Merry Christmas.


Christmas... has Arrived.
<3

Spent Christmas Eve... reflecting.
My Sister, Chery... was so on my heart.
<3

I thought of So Many, while sitting by The Tree.
<3
It Truly...Is, a 'Memory Tree'. 
Pal, Gail...said... when she popped in, a while back...
"Why don't you leave it up...all year?"
: )
Told her... I couldn't do that.
It...wouldn't be 'Special'... then.
It would be like the old...Clocks.
After a while...you get so used to hearing them...you don't notice them...ticking, or chiming.
That's... kinda sad.



<3


As I wound the Big...old, old... E.N. Welch Regulator Clock...yesterday, thought of Chery.
She was with me, when I bought it.
<3
At that time...Chery knew more about Old Clocks, than I did.
<3
Chery...is the 'One', {along...with Dad} who taught me the 'Love of Old'.
Yes... They are Responsible...for my Addiction to Old.
<3 <3 <3 
: )

Out of all of my Siblings, Chery...and I were the closest.
I...loved them all, but... once I grew up, Chery and I were Best Friends.
<3
We talked several times a day, every day.

Chery, and Peg...were so much alike.
They...would've been Best Pals.
<3
{I'm Certain...They Are...now, in Heaven. <3 }

Chery was 21 years older than me, but... our roles reversed over time.
I...was more the Big Sister, as the years passed.
<3

As I was thinking about Chery...last night, two words...came to mind.
'Move On'.
{Chery...like Peg... was Tiny, but...Mighty. <3 They both had a 'way'... of getting me Movin'...
when I needed a Kick in The Seat, a 'Cattle Prod'.}
<3

Chery...always thought, I could do anything...when I set my mind to it.
{I...felt the Same way, about Chery. <3}
She...knows, I'm sure... I need to be setting my mind straight.
: )
Lean...In to The Collar, Take the Bit...in my teeth, and...
Move On.

Guess...this time of year... we all start reflecting, and... make plans, for the New Year.
Chery's been gone...for 19 years.
She went to be with The Lord... December 22, 2003.
Doesn't seem possible.
Maybe...it doesn't seem possible, because... I so often feel her close to me.
<3

Chery...was such a Blessing in my life.
Still...is.
<3

Wishing Everyone, a Very...Merry Christmas, today.
and...
The Happiest New Year.
<3

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.





No comments: