Monday, December 19, 2022

The Greatest Gift.




 

Ran across...the above, Lewis Carroll quote, a few days ago.
It seemed so very, very...fitting.

I've been trying to put this post together...for a couple of days.
It's...not an easy one.
There was so Much... packed into such little time, over the weekend.
oh...my.

I've been so withdrawn, from The Rabbit Hole, for so long.
Numb...for so long. 
Been in 'Battle Mode'... with Shield's Up.
'Warrior Mode', really.

The Rabbit Hole... is a very special Place.
Always...has been.
Certainly...not, Everyone's Cup of Tea, but...
to Those who are Drawn, to it...
then, ultimately...get Lost inside, well...
It's a Special Place to Find One's Self.
: )

I don't believe in coincidences.
I believe we meet people on our Journey, for a Reason.
Some Folks...may only cross our paths, for a moment...but, they leave you with a 
Forever
Memory.
<3




This Darling... Daughter, and Mom, whom I just met this year, came to Visit The Rabbit Hole, Saturday.
<3
They... are The Rabbit Hole's...'People'.
<3
: )

I So Enjoy... Folks like These Girls.
They... are Artists.
<3


These Two.
<3
Oh...my.
Lisa, and her Daughter, Nikki.
<3

They popped in, on Saturday.
Nikki had been to The Rabbit Hole, before.
During the last Sale, I believe.
: )
I...was so busy, and so...weary, during that sale.
This visit... we had a chance, to Visit.

When they arrived, I was gathering Treasures, to place in a little wooden cigar box, for a Dear Friend, whom I met through The Rabbit Hole, decades ago.
I'd received a text from my Dear Friend, that... sadly, wasn't from my Friend, but... from her Lovely Daughter, on her Mom's phone.
The message, wasn't one...I ever expected to see.
Seems my Friend, has pancreatic cancer, that's come on quickly. Hospice is coming in... and, she said her Mom loves notes, and visits.
I made arrangements to go Visit, with...a snippet, of The Rabbit Hole, that evening.

Nikki, and Lisa... were combing through The Rabbit Hole, as...I was doing the same, for my Friend.
: )

We...began to visit...about Life, and how incredibly short...it is, and...how things can change forever, in the blink...of an eye, oh my.... 
we started swappin' stories.
: (

Nikki is an Old Soul.
She LOVES The Rabbit Hole.
<3
: )

She was asking all about it's History.
: )
Told her... that John built it.
and...
I, Filled It!!
Hahahaha!
: )
The Old...Souls, Filled It.
<3

It's been difficult, without John, over the last, over...8 years.
and, how this...Unbelievable Battle with IDOT, has kept me away, for so long...from my 'Sanctuary', even more...than that, being able... to 'Feel' it, like I used to.

Nikki, said... "I...so understand."
"My Husband's name was John... too. His middle name, was Eric. : ) He, went by 'Eric'."
Nikki, went on... and said, 
"Eric was killed by a drunk driver on his way Home, from Amana, just a couple of miles South of here, on Highway 151, 4 years ago. Eric was 32 years old."

Nikki said... She, and Eric... had been Best Friends since they were 12, and 13.
They lost their Home, to The '08 Flood, in Cedar Rapids, but... worked side by side, together...and Brought It Back To Life!!!
<3
oh my.
<3

We talked...and talked, and talked.
: )
<3
{Lisa, and Nikki were Appalled by the IDOT/Fairfax... Wrongful Messes, and... the thought...of a 'Trail'...next to this Highway.
Insanity. 
Wondered why...they hadn't heard anything about any of it. 
Told them... that it's in God's Hands. I believe, He'll make Folks Aware, in His Time. <3
He Knows I've TRIED!!
{Still am. The Book...is coming. }
 It's His Turn. : ) <3 }

I don't bring many Folks...into our Home.
Especially...when it's not picked up.
but...
had to share The Tree, and that Amazing Room, John Built, with Nikki, and her Mom.
<3
I...knew, they could look past the dust.
<3

Nikki, is a Strong Person... I could tell.
; )
Some, say...I am, too.
: )
but...ah, we both...shed, some tears during our visit.
along...with several...embraces.
<3
My...heart broke for Lisa, too.
So many times, as Nikki spoke about Eric, tears welled up in Lisa's eyes.
Oh Lord.
As a Mother... watching your Daughter, go through...so much heartbreak, oh my.
Lisa...Adored Eric, too. 
oh...my.

That little Rabbit Hole.
: )
<3
oh...my.

After Nikki, and Lisa...went on their way, I went back to The Rabbit Hole, to finish up the cigar box, for my Friend.
: )

The box, I chose.. said "Leader"...on it's label.
: )
My Friend... is an Artist, and Loves Nature, like Our Peg, did.
I placed one of Peg's Bird's Nests... in the box.
: )
a tiny...little 1800's child's cup, with the handle long gone, that said....
"A Gift"... in Gold, on it.
: )
Moss... Stuffing, from an early...Victorian Settee.
 Went outside... and picked a few sprigs of Bittersweet, from my Sister, Chery's...volunteer Bittersweet, that now grows wild...around The Rabbit Hole, and...
some Sweet Annie, that blesses us every year, where It want's to Grow.
 : )
Found the most amazing... little Victorian Calling Card, with a Perfect 'Friendship' poem. 
Tucked it inside...the Bulging...little wooden cigar box.
I don't remember ever seeing it before.
It...said Everything, I felt in my Heart. 
<3 
After I closed the shop... went to the House, let Miss. Peanut outside.
Pulled a Heart Horse Harness Brass, from my collection, and placed it in Peg's Bird's Nest.
: )
<3
Yes...
That...
was
The Rabbit Hole, in a Box.
<3

When I arrived at my Friend's Home.... oh my.
: )
Her Home...was Filled With Family!!!
<3
I've only had the honor of meeting my Friend's Daughter, Anne.
{She Is Her Mom!! A True Artist!!<3 She LOVES The Rabbit Hole, like her Mom. She Understands It. Priceless. <3 }
Oh My... What a Beautiful, Loving...Family!!!
<3

My Friend's Daughter in Law, met me at the door... then... announced to my Friend, 
"Barb, from Fairfax...is here to see you."

I heard my Friend...say, "Now... there will be Laughter...in the room."
{ Indeed.}

My Friend's Daughter in Law... asked me, if I'd heard... what my Friend, had said.
: )
Told her...I did... and, thankfully...I won't have to 'Say' a word, : ) Just Look At Me!!!
Hahahahaha!!!!
: )
<3
She Laughed!!
: )

I shared every item, in that little box, and their meaning...with my Friend, one by one.
: )
Explained...to her, since... she can't visit The Rabbit Hole, right now...
 thought I'd just...Bring The Rabbit Hole... To Her.
<3
Dust...Moss...Patchouli Stink, and... all.
; )
<3
<3
<3

It was Such a Gift... meeting my Friend's Family.
She...Could Not Be In Better Hands.
<3
My Friend, acknowledged That, Wholeheartedly.
<3
I...reminded my Friend, we...have to take life one moment at a time.
<3
Soak...every single Moment...in.
<3
: )

When I left my Friend, knelt down beside her...
reminded her, How Beautiful...She looks in Red!!!
; )
{She was wearing a Lovely...Red Sweater. }
and...
when she need's a laugh, ; ) she's got my number.
<3
{Also...reminded my Friend... that, if I couldn't make her laugh...
I'd have to pinch her, until...she did. : ) <3 }
Hahahahaha!!!
<3 <3 <3 

I'm so Grateful... Anne, texted me.
Oh my.
What a Blessing, meeting Everyone, and spending Time... with my Friend...was.
It was so Great...seeing Connie, my Friend's Best Friend.
Those Girls...would come visit The Rabbit Hole, and Get Lost!!!
<3 <3 <3 
For Hours!!!
Hahahahaha!!!
: )
Artists!!!
<3
Seeing them together... reminded me, of me...and Pegadoo.
: )
<3

That little Rabbit Hole, has introduced me to some of The Most Wonderful People.
<3
oh...my.
<3

It...Truly Is, a 'Sanctuary'. 

This...isn't the post I wanted to write, but... it's the best I can do.
I will say, I believe...
My Friend, gave me The Best Compliment...I've ever had in my life.
: )

I'm a Bull...{Taurus} when it comes to wrongfulness.
but...
when it comes to Those, I Love...and Respect...
The Good, Kind...Loving Souls, oh my.
<3
To See Them Smile,
and...
Laugh...
Is
The Greatest Gift...
of All.
<3
: )

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.


No comments: