Saturday, December 10, 2022

It's That Time of Year. Hallelujah... Everybody Say "Cheese"!!




Spent the afternoon... Visitin', yesterday...
after, the 'paperwork'...was done.
; )

Visited Polly Ann's, in Mt. Vernon, Iowa.
<3
Polly, her Wonderful Husband, Bob... and her Awesome, Dad...
Bob, are Vendors at The Anamosa Antique & Vintage Market 
Event, that will be January 29, 2023, at The Lawrence Community Center, in Anamosa, Iowa.
<3
Dropped off some Cards for them to hand out.
Love Polly Ann's.
<3
{and....
Polly. <3 }



Then...went on to Gatherings, in Anamosa.
{Amazing Store!!}
Pal, Wanda's Store.
<3
Wanda was so distraught.
She'd lost a Very Wonderful Piece of Jewelry, the other day.
She turned the World...Upside Down, looking for it.
Wanda thought she'd lost it while on a Christmas Tour, in Cedar Rapids.
oh...dear.
: (

I, thought otherwise.
Was Very Confident, It Would Turn Up!!
: )
Kept tellin' her to Think Positive!!!
: ) : ) : )
Wanda texted me this morning.
With a Picture of 'The Lost'...that was 'Found'.
: )
<3
{Gotta Have 'Faith'... Baby!! <3}



Went on to Antiques of Marion, Marion, Iowa.
Sadly...I didn't get any images of That Great Store!!
They also...are Vendors, at The Anamosa Event!
Ran into Dan,  {Jo-Dan's} there.
; )
Dan, and Jo...always Bring Amazing Treasures to Anamosa!!
<3

Did a little Shoppin', at the Great Stores I visited with Cards, and Contracts.
; )

Love The Beautiful.... mid 1800's Staffordshire Platter.
Found a HUGE Cake Stand, at Antiques of Marion.
; )

but, ahhhh... found my Favorite Treasure, yesterday... at Polly Ann's.
One... I Will Use!
It'll replace the one I let go of, to keep a Sweet little Gal, Warm, during the Fall Sale.
: )
a Beautiful...
Mink Stole.
: )
I would Never purchase a New Fur.
These Vintage ones, are the Only Furs I would consider wearing.
They Sacrificed, long ago, and are Still... 'Blessing'.

This one is Great.
I have broad shoulders, and long arms,... like my Dad.
{I was built more like a Boy, than a Girl. 
Not complaining... God Knew, I'd need a Body in this Life, 
that could Move Some Mountains!! Hahahaha. 
{carry a few, now and then, too. ; ) Grateful!!!}
 It's difficult to find a Vintage Stole, that fits.

Real, Vintage...Fur, is so Incredibly WARM.
That Fake, plastic...new, doesn't 'work'.

I Work...in the Furs I wear.
Load Trucks, in the Cold.
They...are Amazing.
I wear them over my work clothes.
They're Beautiful, but....more than that, They Are Warm.
I...don't like being cold.

A Stole like this... back in the 1950's, 60's... would cost the equivalent of 3 - 5 thousand dollars, in today's money.
40.00, at Polly Ann's.
I couldn't purchase a warm coat, or even good...long underwear, for that.

I wear Vintage Fur, with my old Flannels.
Over my old denim Jacket.
certainly...
 not like Grace Kelly... would've worn a 'Stole'.
; )



{this is why I don't like my picture taken. : ) }
: )

Love That Stole!!
<3


Pal, Rob... always sends me the above Video...this time of year.
; )
The First Time...Rob posted it on FB, 12, or 13 years ago...
I NEARLY... Fell Off of My Chair.... ROARING!!
: )
{When I showed it to Peg, Years Ago... She LOST IT!! : )
John... {hahahahaha} simply...Rolled His Eyes!! Hahahaha!!!}
: ) : ) : )

I don't know WHAT, or WHY...it Struck Me So Damned Funny...back in The Day!!!
{Still... Does. : ) }
Oh...My Gosh!!!
Certainly Mean NO Disrespect!!
{Y'all Know...How Much I LOVE Christmas. and.... The 'Reason' for The Season. <3 }
Maybe, it's because.... I've personally seen a Few of 'These Christmas Parties', throughout my 'Journey'.
: )
<3

Rob, and his Beautiful Wife, Deb... have been Such Blessings in my life.
<3
To have the Beautiful Ability to make someone Laugh, oh my Gosh.
<3
Priceless... Gifts.
Blessings.
: )

Heading to Pal, Ed Wilson's Celebration of Life, this afternoon.
Pal, Dale..., Pal...Mark, and me... are riding together.
Ed, and his Husband, Dwight...have been such Dear People, in my life.
<3
In Many... Lives.
<3
They have a Great Antique, and Restoration Store, in Urbana, Iowa.
'Wind's Reach Antiques'.
Ed, and me... not only... shared 'The Love of Old', but... we also shared the 'Love of Horses'.
<3
We hit it off...over two decades ago.
: )
Ed...will be Deeply Missed, by Many.
My...heart breaks, for Dwight.

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{This Antique 'Business'...at least...to me, is more 'Family', than 'Business'.}
<3


{I've been sittin' here, waiting for Pal, Dale...to arrive. 
Got to thinkin'...about What in The World, get's me laughin' So Hard, at The Video Rob always sends me.
This may be Too Much...Information.
but...
I, think I finally figured it out.

It's the 'Feminine Hygiene' suggestion, in the video.
Hahahahaha!!!
{Can't even use the word.}
: )
I've Never used that word, in front of John.
I WOULDN'T Have Dreamed of asking John...Or Anyone, for That Matter, to 'pick them up at the Quick Mart'!!!!
Hahahahahaha!!!
My 'Business', is 'My Business'!!!
; )
{Pack of Stogies... Yes.
 : )
Other 'items'. 
No. 
No. 
No. 
again...
No.
: ) }

John...wouldn't even dig in my Purse, when I'd tell him to get money, or keys...from it.
He'd just grab my purse, and bring it to me... 
: )
He'd say... "I ain't diggin' in that purse. Here."

Hahahahahaha!!!

{In John's defense...
One never Knows what One Might Find, in my purse.
I carry everything from Super Glue, to Lipstick, and Pray...I never confuse the two.}
: ) 

Oh My Gosh.
Guess we are/were.... kinda 'Old Fashioned'. : )

and...

Robert Earl Keene's 'Grin'... Totally....Cracks Me Up!! }

Insanity.
; )

No comments: