Saturday, December 17, 2022

Always a Ride.


The end of Yesterday, was much better than the beginning.

Had a Lovely Supper, with Bud, and Renate.
{Renate's Antique Gallery 
Amana, Iowa.}

The road's were kind of a mess, and...the Deer, are running, always... around The Amanas, especially now, with Hunting Season...so drove Justin's Truckasaurus.
It has Bull Bars, wish all of our vehicles did. 
Joined Bud, and Renate... at their Home, Renate made a Lovely... Tray of Snacks...for us, took in their Beautiful 'Christmas', throughout.
So Rich in their German Traditions.
<3 <3 <3
Then...we went to The Ronneburg Restaurant, in Amana.
It was Wonderful.
: )
Family Style...Dining.
<3
: )
They'd just returned from a Beautiful Trip, so...enjoyed hearing all about their Travels.
<3


I won't get into the 'earlier' day.
The 'details'.
: (
All I can say... it was difficult.
Put Jethro...through his Paces.
Don't believe we've ever made it to Cedar Rapids, and Home...
quicker.
oh my.


After I did, all I could do... to try to Save, what I could, was work.
and...wait.
Worked on an Old...Clock, among other things, down The Rabbit Hole.
The Clock, had such a pitiful sounding strike, I had to work on it, took me a bit, but... it sounds much Better.
<3
That's exactly...what I did.


I, felt so bad...standing in front of a clerk...yesterday.
Oh my.
I couldn't look him in the eye.
Just stood there, head down.... tears...uncontrollably...streaming down my face....like a river, asking him...to "please hurry....hurry."

I was too late, for at least One, knew that, before Jethro and me...made fast tracks.
Heartbreaking.
Critters, come First, around here.
<3


As I was trying to keep busy, while waiting... to see if things were going to work out, started resetting Paul Bunyan, the 10 foot tall Cupboard, that's always filled with White Ironstone...that I'd bought from Pal, Charlie, decades ago.
Ran across the picture Peg took, many Moon's ago, of the tiny...little White Mouse, {Biscotti <3 }
that...just 'showed up', one day...down The Rabbit Hole.
<3
: )
I trained him to eat from an old, turned over... broken tea cup.
He loved the Paul Bunyan Cupboard.
I'd scratch on it's shelf... Biscotti would climb down the dried Bittersweet branches, from the very top... and go inside the tea cup, to eat the treats I'd bring him.
{He especially loved 'biscotti'. : ) That's how he got his name. <3 }
<3
He was Precious.
<3

When he passed away... oh dear, it was much...like yesterday.
Pal, Dale... buried Biscotti for me, behind The Rabbit Hole.
oh dear.
'Critters'.
<3

During all of this, yesterday, I missed a Man, who... thought our Home, was The Rabbit Hole.
: )
He called me, and asked where I was.
He'd tried to get inside 'The Rabbit Hole', but...there was a Dog, inside... that wouldn't let him in.
Ooooops.
Told him... if he was at a building with a 'Dog'...inside, he...was at my 'Home'.
He, then... Barked at me.
Said his GPS sent him to That Location.

: )
My mistake.
Should've explained to Folks who've never been here, this entire property has the same address.
The Rabbit Hole, is on the South end, by The '49 Ford Panel Truck. The Building with the greenhouses, and fountains.

I'm making signs, today...for the House, to direct those who are confused.
Told him... I was sorry for the confusion.

He...was Not Consolable. 
again...
my apologies...
for any inconvenience.

Guess... I'm used to people knowing where The Rabbit Hole is.
I've been closed so long...and nothing looks the same around here, since...this highway mess, and  all of the development.
Sometimes...it's confusing to me.
Very.

Headin' back down...The Rabbit Hole, today. 
11 - 4.
See if things are working, as they should be.
and...
should've been.

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

No comments: