Sunday, September 4, 2022

Saturday... Birthday Celebration.


Miss. Meadow, and Miss. Willow, Celebrated Their 
7th., and 5th. Birthdays...
Saturday!
WHEW!!!
What A Day!!
; )

Those Kids...had So Much Fun.
<3 <3 <3 
; )
All Of Them!!
; )
<3

<3

<3


About 20 Kids...of ALL Ages, attended.
; )
<3

<3

<3

<3

<3

<3

<3

Frank, one of The Kids' Wonderful...Farm Neighbors, that They Adore...attended.
<3
So Many Neighbors, stopped by, for The Birthday Party!!
<3
Many...came from CR, too.
Long Drive.
<3




Oh My!!!
What a DAY!!
I'm Still...in Recovery Mode!!!
; )

Liz had to work...
She was going to get to The Party...a little late.
well...
it was an 'Iowa Game' day, she...never made it.
Busy...Busy.

Adam prepared Sloppy Joes, enough to Feed Everyone.
 I was to bring a Watermelon, my...
'To Die For', Baked Beans... Chips...Dips...and Veggie Trays.
; )
The Party started at 3.
I, got there about 1.
Brought my Favorite Cast Iron Scotch Bowl, thought...I'd just prepare the 'To Die For'...Baked Beans, at Justin's.
; )


Did a little Shoppin', before I went The Party.
Bought 10 pounds of Chicken hind quarters, that were on sale, for 6.90, at My Hy Vee.
; )
Thought I'd leave them at Justin's, and next week...we could put 'em on the grill.
; )

When I arrived, the Kid's had just eaten lunch.
The Sloppy Joes, were all but Gone.
oh dear.
What were we going to Feed...20 Folks???
'Chicken'!!!
: )
Asked The Boys, to Fire Up The Grill!!
; )
seems...
The Grill, Died... last week.
; (
oh...dear.

I started cuttin' up Chicken. Got that old...Scotch Bowl...Workin'!!!
Browned Massive Amounts of Chicken, in it...then...threw it all in the Oven.
Made the Fruit, and Veggie Trays...
as the 
'To Die For' Baked Beans, finally...found their Place, in that Old...Cast Iron, Scotch Bowl, that had Just...Browned a Ton of Chicken!!
; )

Everyone...got their Bellies Full!!
; )
Justin had Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad...and Spring Salad, from the store.
It was All GOOD!!!


As I was leaving, The Party...last night, carrying my Old...Scotch Bowl, to Jethro...
Everyone, thanked me...for The Meal...The Amazing Chicken, and Baked Beans.
Hahahahaha.
; )
{I was so worried about that Chicken.
 but...
it really did, turn out...pretty good. }
{Those Baked Beans...Were A HIT!! ; )
 I can't begin to describe...how Good They Are!!}

One of the neighbors, Tipped His Hat, and said...
"Thank You... Ma'am, for The Meal."
; )
<3
His compliment, was so genuine.
It touched my heart.
; )

Told him, it was My Pleasure.
; )
Thanked Him...and Everyone, for Attending.
This Meant So Much, to The Kids.
; )
<3

It's been a Long Time, since I've thrown a Meal together, for that many.
Having only a couple of hours, and ONE Awesome...Vessel, to prepare it in...was, I'll admit, a little worrisome.
; )

I Thank God, for The Old Cast Iron.
; )
and 
Wonderful Neighbors, 'Friends'...Who... Care, about Our Family.
<3 <3 <3 

Priceless.
<3

Love to Ya.
Prayers...for All.

Barb C.







No comments: