Wednesday, September 21, 2022

So...It Begins.


We put up 3 Tents, yesterday.
It...was Toasty.
; )
Upper 90's.
oh my.

Pal, Bill...walked with me, all over the property, trying to figure out where...we were going to be able to place Tents, after the wrongful Fairfax Bike Trail taking, by IDOT.
There was no way...we could squeeze them all in, like we've always done, in the past.

We have to put up...another 4, possibly 5,....Tents, yet.
I, knew...it was going to be impossible.

Sadly, I had the Boys, take down some of Scout's fence, so we could utilize his area.
{That...was Tuff. : ( }
Very risky, to use that area.
Should we get Big Rain, we'll be in Big...Trouble.
Especially....Now, after being put in a 'Pit'...by IDOT, for Fairfax's wrongful Bike Trail Accommodations.
Very...Risky.
We had no choice.

We've had Big Rain, here...during October Sales, but...these last two years...it's been so dry, I'm Praying, the drought continues....until after The Fall Harvest Sale.
{Sorry...to The Farmers.}

We won't risk it next May, for The Memorial Day Weekend Sale....unless we're still in a drought, which...I Pray, we won't be.

There's a TON Coming...for This Sale!!
Holy Smokes!!

Went out to Supper, with Pals, last night.
Watched the Server, take an interesting looking Cocktail...to another table.
I, asked her...what it was, she said it was a 'Manhattan'.
; )
Told her, I'd like one of those.
; )

Told my Pals, about a man I dated,  a couple of times, just before I started dating John.
I was a Waitress, at a nice...little Coffee Shop.
He used to come in, and sit in my section, with associates, and conduct business.
He dealt in gems.
He was from Southern Iowa, and would come to CR, two, or three times a month.

One morning, as he was leaving the Coffee Shop, he asked me if I'd like to have dinner with him.
I agreed.
He drank Manhattans.
He was a very interesting Character.
Very handsome.
Very...mysterious.
Very charming.
He always wore a very nice suit, with a Stetson hat, and top end...Western Boots.
He was quite a bit older than myself, in years, but...I think I was a little older, than he was, in 'miles'.
; )

Shared that 'Story'...with my Pals.
One of them said...
"I love these Suppers, we share....with Barb. It's like sitting down with a good book, and having the author read it to you."
Hahahahaha!!!

I gotta tell ya, that's a 'Story'...a 'Character'...I will have to put in a 'Book'...someday.
; )

I won't give away the ending...of the 'Businessman Cowboy' story.
; )

I, will say this...
there was 'something' about him, I simply...didn't trust.
Couldn't put my finger on it, but...there was 'something'.
{Trust...is Everything. ; )}
We only went out twice, both times...I insisted on driving my car.

His 'story'...has Quite, an Ending.
; )
I've always followed my 'Gut'.
; )
It...was Spot On, with him.
; )

That Manhattan, brought back a lot of memories.
It was Tasty...Too!!
; )

Back to Work!!


Love to Ya.
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

No comments: