Sunday, September 25, 2022

Facets.


Was pretty slow...getting to work, on the buildings... yesterday morning.
As I headed out the door, turned around...
went the other direction.
Grabbed the little Bose, set it on the marble shelf, of the old Pier Mirror, on the landing, I bought decades ago, from Pal, John W.
<3
{John knew Janette, well. }

Played Canon in D, through the little...mighty...speaker....over, and over.
Walked on down the stairs, into The Big Room...
which...is something, I rarely do, but..should do more...of.
 Found a seat on the Victorian Settee, that John covered in old tin, that...Steph, recently traded back, to me....
and...proceeded to meditate.

Canon in D, is The Big Room's Song, like Alison Krause's 'Stay'...has always been The Rabbit Hole's Tune.

<3

Just sat there...thinking about Janette, and All of The Folks...I've been So Incredibly Blessed to have cross my path, over my lifetime.

I suppose, some might think it strange...for someone to feel so broken, when...Janette and I...only visited two or three times a year, over the years.

I, was thinking about that...too, as I sat.
Speaking for myself...I, believe...people are like Gemstones.
Multifaceted. 
I didn't know every facet...of Janette.
 Don't believe we can know every facet...of anyone.
but...
as I sat there, pondering...
 realized, with some people...
it may be a single facet, that you absolutely click with, and cherish...so.
It doesn't matter, somehow...if you share a minute...or a lifetime with them...
because...their facet, that brings such peace, and understanding...is timeless.
Priceless.
Rare.

Painful...when lost.

I struggled, about not attending Janette's Estate Sale, yesterday.
Worked in the buildings, which...was therapeutic.
Cleaning...handling...the 'old' treasures, somehow...has always brought me peace.

Felt guilty, about not supporting Janette's Sale.
My excuse, was that I'm just too buried, here,
which is valid.
very.
but,
 anyone who knows me...knows, if I need to drop something, to make something that's important, happen, I will...without batting an eye.

After thinking about it, it wasn't that I was too buried.
There was no way...my heart could attend.
I, know...now, Janette, left us in June.
but...
to me, Janette left on Friday.

Told Friends, yesterday...it would be like going to a Loved one's...Home, and going through their most precious possessions, the day after they passed away.
No way.
No...way.

Had I went, I would've been a Weeping Willow, I know.

Sweet... Southern Iowa, Gal's...stopped by, yesterday.
Andrea, and Ashland.
I'd been working in the garage... had just went inside to grab some lunch, when they popped in.
They'd seen my post about Janette's Sale, and attended.
<3
They swung by, on their way Home.
: )

Told them, what I was thinking, and why I couldn't attend.
Told Andrea, and her Darling Daughter...
I, wish I had the heart to go...I'd like to have something of Janette's.
Even...if it was just a bookmark, but...I can't do it.

Andrea, said...I should go, because...I won't get another chance, after the sale is over.
{That...I understand, too well, from conducting these Estate Sales. Once it's gone, it's gone.}
Told...her, I...probably would go...there, today.
Asked  her about the hours of the sale, today.
Andrea said...
" 10 - 2."

Then, Andrea...turned to Ashland, her Daughter...and asked her to bring a particular piece of lace, from their vehicle.
I...thought Andrea was going to show it to me.
She and I...Love...many of the same things.
<3
{We wouldn't be 'Pals' at an Auction...I'm Sure!! <3 : )}


<3

It was Beautiful!
Janette...had Beautiful Things.
<3
then...to my surprise, Andrea Gave It...to me.
<3 <3 <3 
: ).....
Priceless.
<3


I...took the Beautiful...Lace, from Janette's...
and
Thoughtful Gift...
from Andrea, 
 inside...right away, and placed it up high...on the Mantle, in my bedroom.
<3

Priceless.
<3 <3 <3 

Now...I can stay Home, today.
That's a Huge Gift, to my heart.
<3

So Grateful, to Andrea.
<3

Mark...is coming to set more Tents, today...but, I don't know...if that's a good idea.
It's so windy.

People were stopping by, yesterday...seeing the Tents, and me working...thinking that a Sale, is happening now.
; )
Nope.

They were all disappointed, when I told them...it's October 7 thru 10.
Hope they all can come back.
Oh...my Lord, this is gonna be a Huge Sale.

HUGE.

Southern Iowa...Farmer Friends, Lynn, and Lea...are bringing a LOAD.
Had a nice visit, with Lynn...yesterday.
; )
Mark, Bill...Miss. Audrey, Gayle, Liz... things from Alyson's Family Farm, Neighbor's are bringing things...
then...
there's Buildings FULL, Trucks, and Trailers...Full, I have to get sorted, and Out.
oh my.

Better get back to it.
: )

Love to Ya.
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{It's 'Canon in D', not 'Cannon'. 
; )
Spellcheck...is too used to me Fighting...
Fairfax, Iowa...City Hall, and IDOT District 6, it seems. 
; )
Bless their hearts. 
; )

Just...corrected it, for now.
<3
Stay tuned.
; )
After The Fall Harvest Sale, I'll be posting some Interesting Facts,
both,
  me...
and 
Spellcheck...
have
 Agreed
 on.
 ; ) 
<3}



No comments: