Monday, March 7, 2022

All...Cheryl.


It was Great...catching up with Pal, Cheryl...yesterday.
It's been many, many...years.

I, was dang tired, but...Cheryl...has enough Energy, for Both...of us.
; )
It was Great...touring her new 'Home'.
Really...Great.
I was concerned...about her using the term, 'Mid-Century', which...is beautiful, but...it's never been the 'Cheryl'...I knew.
Some people change. Their styles...change, evolve.
Thought, maybe...Cheryl's had.

No...no.
; )

The Moment...I walked into her 'Mid-Century'...Home, it was Exactly as I'd always remembered 'Cheryl'.
<3

She had everything from Modern, to Victorian.
Early Empire Furniture...to Country Primitives.
Bohemian Rugs, and White Ironstone.
1940's Paintings, to Painted Grain Measures.
Big...Old Handmade Baskets...with their soft, worn... natural wood tones.
Very...Earthy.
Very...
Real.
: )

Cheryl had found a pair of Beautiful, Oversized...Modern Wing Back Chairs, upholstered in Big, Bold...Floral Fabric.
Very...
Bohemian.
Very...
Whimsical.
Yes...
Yes...
and...
Yes.
<3
All...
'Cheryl'.
<3

Didn't take any images, she's still sorting, and unpacking.
I, will...when she gets her 'Artwork', her 'Home'... completed.
<3

Took Cheryl...for lunch, to one of my Favorite Places, Edith Luciell's...not far from Cheryl's new Home.
{Used to be Squaw Creek Tap, when I was young. If those wall's could talk. oh my. ; )
John, grew up very near there... he had many Stories, from way back...in 'The Day', too. 
; )}

It's been remodeled...and, is absolutely...Incredible.
The Food, is Awesome, and they make a Mean...
Bloody Mary.
; )

Cheryl...so wants to come help...with The Rabbit Hole.
<3
She...loved it, so.
<3

I, so appreciate her Kind Offer.
Not...yet.
Told her...it's never going to be, what it was.
That's what worries me, about Folks coming, wanting to 'be' there, again.
What it was... 'before'...will, never...ever...be, again.
I'm trying to soften the blow, for Folks...as much as I possibly can, before they see it.
There are some things...I, can create, and fix.
There's been too much irreparable damage, that I...can't.
Nobody...can.
It's extremely difficult not to focus on that.

Cheryl suggested we take some cool old boards, she has...paint them...with a sign saying...
"It's not the same."...before Folks approach.

Just...seeing other's sadness, that Used to Know...how it 'was'...'before'...will be crippling.
That...
worries me.
oh my. 


We had a Wonderful...visit.
It was So Good...meeting her little Hound, Stewart, Too.
<3
He's Priceless.

Glad...she's back, in Iowa.
<3

{The above... reminds me of some very Special People, I've been so Very...Blessed, to have crossed my path.
Rare...and, Wonderful. }

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

No comments: