Monday, March 28, 2022

Updated April 1st!!!. Open thru April 3 With Special Hours. Below is A Thimbleful... of The Rabbit Hole.




Rabbit Hole will be OPEN  
9 a.m. 'til 6 p.m.
Daily!
March 31-April 3.

Located at 
101 Williams Blvd.
Fairfax, Iowa.

Scroll down for images.

UPDATED April 1st!!

Had a Grrrrreat Day Yesterday!!

Great Seeing So Many Happy Faces!
and...
Dear Friends!!
<3

Still Working on Getting Things Out!!

Come Dig!!
Wear Your Grubbies...
and...
Bring a Truck!!
; )




March 31.

Open at 9 Bells!
Daily!!!

Updated End of Day One.

It Was a GREAT Day!!!
<3
Thanks, So Much...
to Everyone, Today.
<3 <3 <3 

I'm headed to bed.
; )

Open in the Mornin' at 9, 'til 6.
: ) 
oh my.
<3
{I'll post All about This Day, later....
: )
I'm...tired, tonight. 
<3}


and...
Grateful.
<3



Pulled an All-Nighter...and STILL...am not Done!!!
Came up to the house at 6:30, this morning to take care of Peanut...
heading back down the rabbit hole, at 7.

That Sewing Area... is Insane!
; )
It All...Is!!
Hahahaha.
; )

We got a little Snow...It's Beautiful...this morning.
The Highway is moving like normal...
Busy, busy.

I'll be working on the rabbit hole, for a Long, long...time.
Be prepared to dig...and ask for prices.
The stickers, are being Very...Naughty.

Better get back To It!


UPDATED March 30.

Scroll down for images.
Didn't get any today...
worked outside, as the weather held...pretty well.
<3
Helper Brandon and I...moved Mountains.

You'll Still...have to Dig, ; ) 
so...
Wear Your Grubbies!!

If something isn't priced, ask me...
had issues with tags not sticking, it was drizzly most of the day.

Heading back down The Rabbit Hole, tonight...
came up for air...
another Red Bull...and more Aleve!!
Hahaha.
Still Unpacking Estate Items.
Oh My!
; )









There are SO Many...Old, Old...Picture Frames, Prints, and Paintings.
oh....my.
It's been Interesting finding places for them.
They are So Cool!
I've been placing them in front of Vignettes, like an open Shadow Box.
<3


When I get to The Sewing Area...{It's Insane} Small Space...LOADED...
It'll be fun handling the Lace.
Love It.
<3




Above are a few images of The Rabbit Hole.
Made some good strides, today.
Need to make many, many...more.

Have The Primitive, Sewing, and Christmas...areas to deal with tomorrow.
Figured, if I allowed each area 2 hours, it'll be a 10 hour day.
That's doable.

Ran out of steam, tonight.

The Outside...is gonna be, what it is.
Too much wind, today.
Rain...tomorrow.

It Is...What It Is.
; )
 Scroll down for Details, and more images.
; )

UPDATED March 29.

'The Rabbit Hole' is Located at 
101 Williams Blvd. Fairfax, Iowa.

Hours for this Opening Weekend are
9  a.m 'til 6 p.m.
Daily!

This is a Very Soft Opening.
Have only shared this here, on Blogger,  FB, and Instagram.
There's a HUGE Reason, for That.

The Rabbit Hole has been closed for 3 years.
Beginning when IDOT was to start road construction on 151, and through it's completion.
When they got done...well, let's just say...it was difficult for me to go back there.
Still is.

I've been trying to put the pieces together again...it's been a slow process.
It's not close, to what it was...before.
The 'Iowa Hurricane'...was tuffer on The Rabbit Hole, than we thought.
It's a Miracle...it's still standing.
<3

The Rabbit Hole became a storage area...over the last few years.
There were barely pathways.
Many Partial Estates, have landed there.

Many things...Folks will have to Dig, to get to.
Many things, will need cleaning.
It Is...What It Is.
; )

I've never dealt in 'perfection'...
if you're seeking that, probably won't find it here.
; )
If you have a Creative Spirit, you'll have Fun...diggin'. 

There will be some fixtures that are not for sale, at this time.
Still trying to figure out what I'll need to have, to get it back on it's feet.

There will be some things, I'd never wanted to part with, as well...
that I'm letting go of.

The weather for this weekend looks damp, and chilly.
The Rabbit Hole is heated, but there's tons outside to dig through.
Dress Warm.
; )
No White Gloves...
; )
'Grubbies'.
; )

Here's a list of a few things outside.
I'll try to get images tonight.

Picket Fence, Concrete Birdbaths, Old Toys, Kids Wagons, Water Troughs, Roll of Old Wire Fencing, Old Farm Hand Tools, Metal Patio Tables, Concrete Table, Old Doors, and Fragments, Grinding Stones, Misc. Statuary, Steel Wheels, Bottles, and Jars....
I, could go on...and on.
and...
on.
; )
oh my.


March 28.


Nearly done...with the Front Greenhouse.

Dear Friend, Patti... delivered MOSS....today.
; )

I, really should've been born in The South.
That Moss...runs through my veins.
: )
<3
 Knocked the big chunks off of many things today.
Don't wear your white gloves, to The Rabbit Hole.
Just....sayin'.
; )

When I began...sorting, here....there were barely pathways.
Barely.
Haven't been Open, for nearly 3 years.

EVERYTHING...is Covered {was} in IDOT Grinding Pit...
Dust.
 from across the road.

Some...still is.

Watching the weather...
have to get busy Outside, soon.

There's no way, I can take images of everything.
No way.

Understand...
This...
is a teeny, tiny...thimbleful.
oh my.
; )







Above are old...old, bottles from one of earliest Homes, in Amana, Iowa.
They need a bath, but are very cool.
; )

















The back...Greenhouse, won't get touched...this go-round.
No...way.

There's So Much...
well...
I can't begin to describe it.
Truly.
; )

Thought of Peg, a Million Times, today.
<3

Told Daughter, Liz...earlier, that There's No Way....
I can get this all done.
Need another Month.

She's so Much...like her Dad.
<3
Liz, said...
"You'll get done, what you get done. That's good enough."
; )

Indeed.

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{Jammed with Alison Krauss Tunes, all Day, while working.
Her 'Voice'...is The Voice, of The Rabbit Hole.
<3 <3 <3 }

When I advise Folk's to Not Wear Their 'white gloves', down The Rabbit Hole,
I mean it.
; )




No comments: