Tuesday, March 8, 2022

The Old... Auntie.


 Something...shiny, caught my eye... peeking out from under the old... Pie Safe...in the Dining Room, 
yesterday morning.
Grabbed the broom, and gently pulled it towards me.
; )

Burst Out Laughing!!!
I'd JUST Posted the below....on FB, after I'd seen it on a Friend's Timeline.
; )


Oh...My!
; )

I don't believe...in coincidences.
Never...have.

I own Hundreds of cd's.
Everything...from Patsy Cline, to Pachelbel.
everything.

I keep them all in the Vehicles, or Down The Rabbit Hole.

How...'Seger', found His Way, into our Dining Room, I'll Never Know.

While laying in bed...snuggling with Miss. Peanut, this morning...
got to thinkin'.
{that's...always dangerous.}
; )

I was thinkin' about a conversation...I'd had with my Nephew, Billy....
Sunday morning... on my way to meet with Cheryl.
I'd missed hiss call, Saturday Evening.
Billy's a couple of years younger than me.
I've always been the 'Old....Auntie', to my Nieces, and Nephews, even being so close in age.

Billy's a Good Kid!
<3
Was never really close to any of my Nieces, or Nephews.
I...was always working.
If...they wanted to Ride...along, with me...they were Always Welcome, but...
we didn't do much...simply...for 'Fun'.
{Tho...they remind me, when we visit...some of those times, are some of their fondest memories, of growing up. ; ) <3 }

Billy, and Kari...my Niece, out of 16 of them...were my closest.
Love 'em All...
but, spent the most time, of any...with Those Two.
; )
My Siblings, raised their Kids...a bit differently, than Our Folks...raised us.
; )
I...was kinda the 'Black Sheep', of my Siblings.
; )
I sided a little more, 
{or...a lot. ; ) } 
with our Dad's way of thinkin'...
than theirs.
<3
A little more free spirited.
A...bit of a Risk...taker, I suppose.
; )



All of my Nieces and Nephews, are around my age...or, older.
All...are very successful.
<3 <3 <3 
Billy, is a Lawyer...in DC.
He...was just checking up...on how I'm getting along.
; )

Gave him the quick 'Low Down'...and...
Joked with him, about someday...how he might have to Save My Butt!
: ) : ) : )
Hahahahaha!!!

then...
Serious, as Death...
Billy said, 
"You know I will."
I, was still...Laughing...
Billy, repeated himself.
"Barb...You Know, I Will."

Oh My God.

That...was So Strange.

I'm 'The Old...Auntie'.
The
 'Go To'.

Talk about...
 Mixed Emotions.

Part of me...was thinkin'...
 "Billy, Aunt Barbie's...Got This!! No Worries!!!"
another part...of me, was thinkin'...

'Holy Shit'.

Marion Conner's Grandkids, have all Grown Up.
Wow.
How Did That...
Happen???

Started thinking about a lot of Things, this morning.
About the 'Old Auntie'...Billy, and Kari...used to 'know'.

How...she'd 'handle'...some of These 'situations'...
of late.

I...think it's Time...to listen to a little More...
Seger.
; )


Love to Ya.
Prayers...
for
All.

Barb C.




No comments: