Monday, August 2, 2021

Killin' the Blues.


Don't know...if it was because...Sunday was the first day of August....
or...everything, everything...everything, but...
yesterday I woke up... feeling mighty blue.
: (
oh...my.
: (

August...already.
It's still Summer, I know...but, somehow...it feels like Fall...is here.
Then...Winter.
Don't know where the time has gone.

Knew I'd better get movin', oh my...could've pulled the covers over my head,
 and stayed in bed...all day.

Went down...and fed Scoutaroo..., he always lifts my spirits.
<3
He was in a very talkative mood.
: )
I'll post a video I took of him, yesterday.
He...can Always put a smile...on my face.

Had to run to the store...pick up a few things, not much in the house...to eat, after being away.
The store had roses on sale.
: )
Had to buy a bunch...figured, the House...would be a little happier...with them.
Me...too.

Reupholstered the Settee's seat, yesterday...it's needed it, for a long time.
The Critter's have been pretty hard on it.
It's not perfect...but, looks a lot better.


Then, decided it was time to knock some of the cobwebs down, in the house...
and vacuum up the big chunks...at least.

I, actually Love...cleaning the house, tho...you'd never know it.
Hahahaha.
It's very relaxing...everything here, has fond memories.
I...see those I Love...in everything.
It...can be a bit... bittersweet, too.

I...always play music when I work....always.
<3
Yesterday...the tune of choice was Roberta Flack...'Killing me Softly'.
<3
Had the walls shakin', with her blastin' through the Bose Speaker, on repeat.
The Big Room, has the Most Amazing Acoustics.
I put the speaker...up, on the balcony...it's like the entire room is singing.
Like being bathed...in Poetry, set to tune.
Amazing.
Amazing.

Nearly got the rug vacuumed, and the vac...literally...bit the dust.
The cord was hot...hot..at the wall, it, was done.
Done.
Thankfully, I bought a nice vac, pretty fancy one...at a friend's estate sale, this Spring.
I, didn't know how to work it...it's kind of complicated.
Well...it is...for me.
; )
but...
got it figured out.

The Spiders...have been mighty busy.
Found one...still in her web.
I...didn't have the heart....to knock her Home...down.
I know all too well...what having your Home...destroyed, for no good reason...
 after you've worked so hard...to create it, feels like.
Who was I...to do that, to her?
I'd be like some other Folks...I know, around here.
Bless their hearts.



When I got done...cleaning, decided to light all of the candles...pour myself a Gin, and Tonic...
and...soak it all in.
<3

Don't remember...when I've felt so completely relaxed.
It's been a long...long....time.

It was like sitting...in a living... life sized Jewelry Box.
Another...World.
<3



While I was sitting...gazing...around the room,....noticed I'd missed a web, from The Horse's ears, to his nose.
: )
Left...that one, too.
; )

Those Roses...are so, so...beautiful.
<3
They seemed to open up...like magic, as I worked.
Every time I turned around...they seemed to have doubled in size.
So...So....So...Magical.
Mesmerizing. 
Glad I splurged...a little.

The rest of the house...is a disaster.
Chaos.
but...at least, I have one room, that I can escape to, to find a little peace.
<3

Still...listening to Roberta, this morning.
She has a way...especially...with That Tune, to calm my spirit.
oh my.

I'm going to see if I can hire Brandon...to help me unload the FUSO, this week.
There's some massive pieces, on it...that would be much easier to handle...
with an extra pair of hands....
then...
Reload...it for Gold Rush.
oh my.
August 20-22, in Rochester, MN.
It'll be here...before we know it.
So Much...So...Much...to get done.
oh my.

Time to get...busy.

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{It was two years...after John...left, before I could walk into the Big Room, except...at Holidays, when the Kids...were here.
4 years....for me to be able to open the door, to his room.
He's been gone...7 years, I...think, yesterday...was the first time since he left us...
I, truly...found peace, while being there.
Guess...that's progress.
oh my. }


{Just took a stroll, concerning our driveway.
Checking out...what IDOT District 6 has done to others.
It appears, we are the Only...ones, with this mess.
Even Folks who had rock drives...have Concrete, or Good Hard Packed Drives.
Sent Jim, Newman, and Steve...from District 6... pictures, around Noon, today.
Hopin' they'll tell me this is very temporary.
So much...for 'Peace'.
oh my.
: ( }





 

No comments: