Friday, December 21, 2012

Winter... 'Wonderland'...First Snow... Down the Rabbit Hole...

Winter.....'Wonderland'....
I threw on...my Long...Indian Blanket Coat...
Heavy...Boots...
 and took a Stroll....
This Morn...
It's Cold...
 the Snow...is Frozen...Hard...
The Trees...are Covered...in Ice...
They were talking to me...as I walked...through the yard....
The Ice...was cracking...on the Branches...with even the Slightest... Gust...of Wind...
It was...
Incredible....
It felt...Good...
The Air...is so...Fresh...
Brisk...
But...The Sun...is Shining....
and...it's a Beautiful Day...
in...Iowa....
The Sow...is Nestled...in Straw... under a Blanket...of Fresh Snow....
The Guardian Angel...seemed to be holding...the Snow...to her Face... Savouring...the Fresh...Scent...
of the Newly...Fallen Snow....
as if...it were Springs...First Blossomed....Lilacs....
The Fish...are fine...The fountain...is keeping it open....
Not...even the Cold... takes The Love... from these...Little French Children...
Love These Old bells... They were going to the House...but...I so...Enjoy them...Glowing...at Night... I have left them....
The Old....Screw Jacks... Look like they are wearing...Little Snow...'Caps'... and Mufflers!
: )
The Rooster...Crows...as He Proudly...Sports...His Brand New Jacket!
Beautiful...
Some Folks think...a Garden Gate... is..only for Spring...
oh my...
 
This...Little Girl...
Reminds me...so...
of...Miss. Scarlett...
There is..Nothing...Like Victorian...
Anything...
at Christmas...
The '49 Ford...says.... " Brrrrrrr" : )
Frost...on The Glass...
The Mad Hare.... are saying..."Oh My!"
Iron...Garden Gate...
Simply...Inviting....
The Old Martin House...
Winter....Down The Rabbit Hole...
Dancer....
She may be my favorite Statue....{fountain}
When I have a moment....I stand...before her...and Gaze...
She...always Smiles...
and...when the Water Flows....
she is...most...happy...
That will be...some time....
but still...
even on such a Bitter day...
She Smiles..
as if to say...
"For Everything...there is a Season"....
The Old Horses...today...
Reminded me...of Chess Pieces...
Icicles...on the Old Fountain...
inside...the Green House...
I love this image...
I can see the hint...of Green...
The Moss...
yes...
Life...
with...
The Promise... of Spring.....
{ahhhh...must be...an Irish...Thing... : ) }

5 comments:

Brandon Woline said...

Beautiful...Cold yet heart warming. Merry Christmas Barb!

Anonymous said...

If you ever find yourself needed "just one more thing to do" I think your skill in taking beautiful pictures would keep a roof over your head for sometime!
Merry Christmas from our home to yours. The nutts

Simply Iowa said...

Merry....Christmas...My Sweet...Little Friend...: )
Hope you have a Most...Lovely...Christmas...and the Happiest...of All...New Year...
Love...to ya...
Barb C.

Simply Iowa said...

Cindy...
I'll do...whatever...it takes...to keep this Roof....over our heads...
and...
I have never...been afraid... of Work...: )
Love to ya...Cindy...
Hope you have the Merriest...of Christmas...and...Happiest...New Year...
Love to ya...
Barb C.

Simply Iowa said...

{my little...Kodak...'Easy Share'...says...'Thanks!'....for the Compliment...: ) }