Monday, December 17, 2012

Hurry...Scurry...and..Done...for today...: )

A Crazy...Day!
Had deliveries to make... and...Had to go and retrieve trim boards...for the Chicago...Cupboard 'Kits'... in Illinois...
{My Friend...had forgotten them...and was going to bring them...Friday...then...Saturday...then...Sunday...then...today...I decided to head...towards...Chicago... {The Cupboards are being picked up...in the MORNING!!!!}
As I bailed in The Ford... for the delivery run...then...on to Illinois...I remembered...the Truck...was acting weird...on the way home...the other night...
{It died...pulling the big load...up a steep hill...on the Mississippi...
I popped the clutch...and he took off...
but then...the cd player quit...and...the voltage...was running a bit low...: ( }
Thought it was a corroded battery cable...
{I had noticed it...when I checked the oil...the other day...}
Turns out...my battery...was from '03....
{I thought...we had replaced that battery...just a couple of years ago....
hmmmm...guess...I Blinked!}
Oh My Gosh...
{they usually only last...4 or 5 years...oh my...and...when Josh took it out...he said...it had been frozen...at sometime...as well...
oh my...}
Only...in a Ford...: )
{They have...always...gotten me Home...
Well...The Ford...and The Angels...riding With!}
When they put the Battery Tester on it... well...
let's say....I Played 'Taps'...for the Old Gal...
So..had to wait...for a Battery....and...a new cable end...
 {the old one was corroded into the old battery post...and...was basically...Gone...}
The day was ticking away...
When we got the Ford...on his Wheels...
{Just...as I was getting in the Truck...to go...thought I'd have Josh...check the tires...the rear...driver's side...looked a little low...
It only had 10 pounds of pressure in it!!!
{ it's supposed to have EIGHTY!!!!}
{I thought it looked a little low...but with the heavy load on it...?
 well..
It Didn't Look
 THAT LOW!!!}
Holy Smokes!!!
Then....
I took off...at a dead run....
When I stopped for fuel..I noticed a couple of guys... fighting with a Massive....Restaurant Size Refrigerator...in the back of a pick up...
As they were pulling away...
{they made it...about 30 feet...from their pump...}
their one...and only...ratchet strap...fell off...and...clunked..to the ground...
They stopped...again...to try and fix it...
{oh my...}
I was in such a Hurry!
but...stopped...and helped them...
I asked them...if they had anymore straps...
" ahhhh...No..."
They..looked...at The Ford...with Straps...nearly creating a Web...across...the Load...
I went to the Ford...
and pulled out...three ratchet straps...from behind the seat...
With My Card...in Hand...saying...I want My Straps Back!!!! They are My Right...and Left Arm!!!
{one of them...they used..is MY FAVORITE ONE!!! I told them That!!! and..I want it Back!}
{in...a Nice way...: ) : ) : ) }
Tho...
I'm...Very...Protective....of My Ratchet Straps....
{My Favorite One...is one...of a Pair...I got from Friend...Bill...: ) I still Owe Him...for Those!!! Love Them...!!!}
{The last guys I helped...never brought my straps back! GRRRRRR!!!!!}
{There is No Way....they could have made it...very far...without them....}
Ahhh...No...Way...
That...put me... way...way...behind....
But... I was soooo afraid...if that piece...would have fallen off... what may have happened...
Made my delivery...late...then...hit the Interstate...
I told my Chicago Friend...to meet me at a shop...I like to go to...when in Illinois...
He was agreeable...
I found some Fun Stuff!
Gnarly...little leather covered stools...
a Sweet...'40's Doll Sofa...a Neat...Old Ovoid Jug... Some Fun...Iron Bases...a Grungy...Drawered Piece...{very...cool...: ) } and..a Very...Primitive Piece..I'll have to get an image of... in the light...
Then...I spotted this...Sweet...Old Mustard Table...it happened to belong to a friend of mine...: )
 He gave me a Great Price....then...I found...in another booth...
the Tall Hanging Cupboard...in Old...Gnarly...Original...Finish...
That...also belonged to...my same Friend!
 {Didn't know...he had two booths there!}
 He gave me a Great price...on that...as well!
So...after all of the Hurry...and Scurry...I got...The Boards...
Gathered...some Fun...Treasures....
and...
am...
Home!
What a Long...Day!
{I'm battling a Nasty Cold...and have a Zillion Miles...to cover..tomorrow...along with some Heavy...Heavy...Work...oh my...}
The Fun...Never Ends!!!!
: )
Love to ya!
Barb C.


Love...Love...Love...This Old Work Table... It's about 30 inches tall...and...about that...square...in Great Old Mustard Paint!
but...for me...It was...All About The Legs...
 oh my...: )
This Old Cupboard...is a Sweetie! Love it's size... 4 feet tall...and...only...8, or so inches...deep...I would guess... it's from the 1880's...I have no idea...what it's purpose was...it doesn't have shelves....inside...never did...{but...it's going to..: ) } It has an old...brass latch...on the side...and appears...to have set...on something...but...it will make a Perfect...Hanging Cupboard!
Treasures!

No comments: