Sunday, December 23, 2012

An...Afternoon... Down the Rabbit Hole...

I had a lovely afternoon...playing....with the Old Toys....in the Shop...Yesterday....
I put a candle...inside this tall Church Lamp....and...Loved...the Beautiful Glow...it created....
I noticed...for the first time... in the etched glass... there are tiny hearts....: )
{my gift...for the day...: ) }
Since the Beautiful Pier Mirror...has left the building....leaving a gaping hole....
 I took the Old...Gnarly Buggy Seat...{from Dad's Farm}...and hung it on the wall....
in the Pier Mirror's vacant spot....
Quite...a 'contrast'...: )
but...I really Like It!
Haven't decided...what kind of 'Function'....it will be asked to create ...
maybe...
simply....'Being'....itself...
a Most....Interesting...Sculpture....
{Love It!}
Then...I began setting the massive Pass Through Cupboard....
{Oh My! I Love....an Empty Cupboard....!!!
Must be like a Blank Canvas...to an Artist!}
{Then...had to price it...for a friend....
Holy Smokes!!! I don't want to sell it...!!!
I said...once it made it Back...into the Shop...it would be a permanent fixture...!!!
what can I say...
Bills to pay...
She wants me to deliver it...to Arizona...
Hmmm...
That...isn't going to happen....
ahhhh...no....way....
So...for now.... it will stay...}
Had many Folks pop in...bearing Gifts!
I had...none...for them...: (
All any of them...got from me...was a
Heartfelt...Thank You...
Merry Christmas....
a Hug...and a Kiss...
That's...all...I have to offer....
Peg says...{jokingly} after I told her...I haven't sent any cards....
or...bought any gifts...yet...
I'm a "LOSER!!!"....: )
{as...Only...My Pegadoo....can...: ) }
Reckon...so...
I have the Holiday Spirit....
just...not enough...time....
Never...enough...time....
and...I don't buy...gifts...for Friends....to simply... give them...
'Something'...
I have always told everyone that...
When...I find a 'Perfect'...something... it's theirs...
and...I may...skip a year...or...even...two....
but...I don't like giving...something...just because....
The Christmas Cards....
well... that's another story...
 have No...Excuses...for that
I'm a LOSER!!!!
{I'll be making Many Phone Calls...: ) }
I was going to head out...early this morn...and work on getting all of my Shopping done....
but...some friends wanted to visit the Rabbit Hole....around Noon...
so...I'll have to wait...'til this afternoon....
oh my....
Hope you have a Wonderful...Day...
Filled with The Holiday Spirit....
Love...to Ya...
Barb C.
 
 
This is a poor image...of the Old Buggy Seat.... when I get that wall...done...I'll get a better one...: )
Love this Old Spool Chest...{it Opens....and is filled with Old...Unusual... Spools....to repair, I suppose....the pieces they are missing....
I have always...Loved...these Folk Art...Spool Pieces....
They are getting....more and more...difficult...to find.....
The Old Tree....took a Tumble...during The Open House... and a branch broke.... so... it's headed to the house...
I'll fix it...and Love It....: )
I also...pulled the Old...Iron Industrial Cake Stand....
 Had it at the Fall Harvest Sale.... no one... bought it...
 then...it was in the Shop....waiting...patiently....to find a home...
Guess... for now... It's Found One!
I'm going to use it...in the house...
The top spins....{for Cake decorating}...and...if no one else... thinks that's cool....
well...I do!
{Plus...is Gnarly!!!
 Old...Rusty....Gnarliness....
Love... IT!!!}
Love this Sweet... Tiny....Doll Sofa.... {sigh...}
It found a Perfect...Spot...in the Pass Through Cupboard!
 

No comments: