Saturday, December 15, 2012

Trust...and rest...

This is an old....oil painting... I bought...several years ago...
It's large...and...worn....
I've had Artists...offer...to restore it...
over the years...
but..
It brings great comfort...to my Spirit...when I see it...
just as It did... the very first time... my eyes...laid upon it...
It was inside a garage...at a sale...tacked to the wall... no frame...
The owner had rescued it...from an Old Church...attic.. that was being torn down...
it was rolled up... and left amongst the debris...
When...I saw it...on that wall...
it touched my heart...
as...did...it's
 'Journey'....
and...'The Journey'...is something... I would never want to hide...
{I read years ago...when it's our Time...to visit the Lord...he'll not look for our 'Beauty'...when we stand...before Him..but...our....
'Battle Scars'...
Our...'Journey'...}
 
After...watching...the Unthinkable...unfold...yesterday...
This old Painting...again... touched my soul...
Everyone...is searching for an answer...
There is...none...
at least...not...a 'single'... one...
In my Heart...I believe...this is a multifaceted...problem...
Beginning...
at...The Beginning...
I Pray...for Everyone....Concerned...
I Pray...for
 The World...
as...
This...
Concerns...
The World...
I read...Steams...yesterday....
I opened it...to a day...I had never read...
{it's a Daily Devotional...I have read...over and over...
and...was stunned...I had somehow...never read this...}
it...was guiding us...
 how to Pray...
It said...to Pray...for The World....
Everyone...else...
On every Remote Island... and Far Away...Land...
before, we ask for a piece of bread...
for ourselves...
{a bit backwards... I pray for my Loved Ones... then...for all who...suffer...today...}
 
I read...this Morning...
"Trust...and rest..."
When all around you...
puts your Faith...to the Strongest Test...
Let no fear...or foe...confound you...
Wait for God...and trust...and rest...
Trust and rest...with heart abiding..
Like a Binding...in it's Nest...
Underneath His Feathers hiding...
Fold your wings...
and Trust...and Rest..."
 
 What... a Perfect... Vision....
it left..imprinted..on my Heart...this Morning....
I'm getting in the Ford...
and finding The Road...today...
It's taking me..to Northern Iowa....
To...Gather...
I'll be...Looking...Up...
With Faith...in my Heart...
and...Trust...
 
Prayers...to
 The World...
and...All...who Suffer...today...
Love, to you...
Barb C.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture, and I am by no sense of the imagination an art critic, is the most heart tugging painting I have ever seen, and I totally agree to restore it would be like cosmetic surgery...it would never tell the same journey! Bless you for sharing it with us all this week along with your heart born message. You are a blessing and a beautiful messenger of God. c nutt

Simply Iowa said...

Awww...
Cindy...
You always make me smile...
You...are such a Wonderful Spirit....
The Old...Painting...has...much...
'Soul'...and it always...leaves me with a 'Peaceful'... feeling...
Love to You...
Sweet Pea...
Hope the Elf..is keeping ya...grinnin'!
Barb C.

Anonymous said...

Elf is definately smiling happily in the tree--I swear he was making faces at our guests earlier today. He has been named Lyric, a friend suggested that and it seemed right! Like a song...happiness, joy that's what our little Lyric does for us! Thanks for letting us adopt him.
c

Simply Iowa said...

I knew...he'd be Happy...at Your Home...
Merry Christmas...
Little Girl...
Love You...
: )
Barb C.