Thursday, December 20, 2012

Bohemian Rhapsody...Nutcracker Suite... hmmmm...




 
Oh...my...
As I sat...in front of the computer...and
on my cell phone...
scouring the house phone's caller ID...
for the better half...of the day...
trying to locate...the Girls...who may...have bought a little..
pine drawer...
{thanks...to Everyone...helping!}
It hit me...
{I know...this is Crazy...how my mind...works...}
I wonder...how...my old...Dr. from Years back...is doing...?
{what takes...me to these 'Back Roads'...I'll Never Know..}
I have thought of her...so....many times... over the years...
She was my Dr. from the time I was 18, 'til...just after I had Justin...{about 5 years}
She sat with me...the entire time...I was in Labor...
and...conducted...the surgery...
{she was My Rock!}
She...moved away...to work in a Walk in Clinic...at a College's...Dr.'s Office...
in Wisconsin...
I was Heartbroken...
She was such...a Dear Soul...
I considered her...one of my Closest Friends...
 tho...we only knew each other...as Dr., and Patient...
I Trusted her...and...knew...She always had..my best interest...at Heart...
I Knew...She Cared...
She is only a few years older than me...
and...once...I remember looking at her...as she was writing a prescription...for me...
{I was...maybe...19.....}
thinking...and...
hearing my brother's...words....he had...once...said to me...
"You Know...you Really...could have been 'Something'...."
then...laughing...under his breath...
"but...look at you"....
I thought...yep...I could have been...her...
If...I would have applied...myself...been...more...structured...
Not...have been...such a 'Free Spirit'...
Was...I jealous...of her?...
No Way...
I Admired Her...
Wish...I could have been all of those things...she was...
{brings back...Harry Chapin... "Taxi"...}
Knowing...fully well...even...then... I could be...none..of those things...
and...wouldn't change...who I am...
not...even...then....
Throughout the years... I have made friends...that are...Doctors...
and...have shared... my admiration...of Dr. Eilers
Asked them...if they knew her...
They didn't...
Every time...I think of her...I smile...
I remember...when she told me...I was Pregnant...with Justin...
oh my...
I said...
"I'm Not Ready..to have Children...!!! I didn't Plan on This...!!!!"
She smiled...
held my hand...
and said....
"Barb...if everyone waited...'til they were 'Ready'...there wouldn't be very many Children"....
When I 'Googled'...her name....
I found...her obituary...
I lost my breath...
I truly...did...
She passed away...last year...
She was 55.....
I wrote...a note...to the Family...sharing my Wonderful Memories....of her...
and...what a Blessing...she was...in my life...
With...Prayers...to Her...and her Loved Ones...
After...I reread...my note...to edit...
I saw...today's...date...
December, 20th....
It was...28 years ago...Today...to that very moment...
She...was holding my Hand...
Assuring me...I was going to be...fine....
In the Emergency Room....
I had been in a Horrible...car accident...
She never left my side...
I went back...and added that...to my letter...
I poured a glass of wine...
lit...a stogie...
 went...and sat by The Tree...
put my feet up...
Listened...to Karen Carpenter...
her...amazing...voice...
Singing...such Beautiful Christmas Songs....
but...honestly...
I didn't know...if I should be playing...
"Queen"...'Bohemian Rhapsody'...
or...'The Nutcracker Suite'....
oh...my....
oh...my....
Love...to ya...
Barb C.
{Maybe..."Taxi"... would have been the best...song...of choice...
and...for my brother...
tho...I was young...at the time....
 I could have dropped him... like a rock...and set him...back...in his shoes...
verbally....
{he's 17 years older than me...}
But...out of respect...for my Mother... and...honestly...respect... for him...my older brother...
I said...little...
but...
Enough...
Sometimes...
It...simply... Is...What It Is...
and all one can say is...
"Bless Their Heart".......}
{when I saw Dr. Eilers Obituary....turns out....she and my brother...
 shared the same...Birthdate
November, 29th...}


No comments: