Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I Prefer...The Dark Side...

I Prefer...The Dark Side...
Well... maybe...not...
 "Dark"...
The Muted... Soft... Gentle....Side...
The Side...that doesn't have so much...'Light'...upon it...
That...it leaves something...for the Imagination...: )....
{I took images... both...ways...}
I worked most of the day...in the Bathroom... downstairs....
oh my...
It's still not finished...after 12 years...
I worked, mainly...on the trim...and cleaned...
and cleaned...and cleaned...
I covered the shower walls in concrete....
and...the trim...many years ago...
but...there is Much...that still needs to be finished...
a bit...less...after today... : )
The walls...still...need to be painted....
they...will be an off white....
Peg would have had a fit...
I use...my hands..as applicators...
{oh my...I do...make messes... : )
Everything...you see here... is a patching compound...that looks and feels like concrete...
all of the Floors...are Polished Concrete...
{I have had Folks..ask what our Floors are...
 I tell them...very...'Matter of Factly'...
"Iowa Marble"...
 They are Amazed...
"Iowa...Marble"...
"Wow!"....
Then...I tell them...
"Yeah...some Folks...call it.."Concrete".... : )
{it's always good... for a Big Laugh!}
 
Love...The Old Stained Glass Windows...I had John...build in...to the Shower Wall...
I wanted to be able...to look...into the Bathroom...from The Big Room...and have it Feel... like another room...
a Garden, type...room....
not...a Bathroom...
The Big...Mosaic Urn...was a Gift... from our Dear Friend...Jack Crock...
{The Mustang Man}...
 We So... Loved Jack... Miss Him...
{The Big Columns...are Older Than Dirt! They are made of Sandstone...
an Old Friend...called me...years ago...about them...
just as we were working on this room...
They ...are... PERFECT!!!}
Jesus....
There is a Long...Story...with 'Jesus'...
I spotted him... along with a Saint...I have outside... at a Concrete Business... on my way to a Show...Many Years Ago...
They are...Very...Very...Old... and the Concrete Man...was using these...to make a Mould...
to create New Ones...for The Cemetery...that had commissioned him...
I asked...if I could purchase the Old Ones...
{He was going to pitch them...}
He said....sure... But...Jesus... was falling apart...and...the Kind...Man...wanted me to know that....
I told him...I couldn't take them... that day... {Truck was...LOADED...}
But...I'd be back...the first of the next week....
I was sooooo Tired... when I got home...I called...and asked... if it would be o.k. if I came...in the Middle of the week...
He said... "Well...I didn't think you really wanted 'Jesus'... so...we threw him in the pit...He's Gone..."
ARRRRRGGGG!!!
I said....
"CAN WE GET JESUS... OUT OF THE PIT???"
He said...sure....but...He was in Really...Really... Bad Shape...
and...may have fallen Completely Apart...
I told him....I Didn't Care...
PLEEEEASE....GET HIM!!!!
{ I bailed in Great White Hope... {The Old Ford}...and We Flew!!!!...Immediately!!!!}
So...here He is...
Love Him...Just as He Is....
after all...
He Loves me...
Just...as I am...
: )
John...designed...all of the Molding...and created Flush Mounted Columns...to match the Sandstone ones... Yeah... He's...got it 'Goin' On.... : )
 
This is the wall...inside the Shower Room...with the Window....Love It...: )
 I covered...all the Shower Room walls...in Concrete...
Hope...to get This Room Done...Soon!!!
 The Old...Mosaic Bench... is also...from..Jack...He  was such...a Kind Man...
He was a Good friend...of Dad's...as well...
Jack...and I would sit...and Visit...about His..and Dad's Adventures... {oh..my...: ) }
He spent...his last...years...here..at John's Shop....
We So...Loved seeing him...pull up...every Morn...in his Old Ford...
He...Truly...Enjoyed...being a part...of 'Cars'...They...were his Life...
Ford... Cars... oh yeah...
Mustangs...oh....Yeah!
{I made this Bathroom...Handicap Accessible...
 Mom... was a thought... at the time... I was Hoping...she could...come...and stay...
but....that wasn't to be...
 I also knew....you don't have to be older...to have issues...
My late, Sister...Chery...had MS... She was very Young...when Diagnosed....
She was never Wheel Chair Bound...but...never knew... if...or when...she may be....
 and... I was Showing a Horse for a friend... he...reared over...backwards...on top of me...
 and knocked himself out...doing so...
many years ago...
leaving me...pinned...beneath him...
I couldn't walk...without a walker...for a couple of weeks...
{The Horse...was Fine...: ) }
 Getting in...and out of a bathtub...was...UGLY...and...painful...
One...never knows...what 'issues'...may be just around the corner...
 I wanted to be able get a Wheel Chair...in This Room...
We are Good...to Go! : )}
LOVE THIS STUFF!!!
{Messy...But...Gooood!}

No comments: