Saturday, October 22, 2022

Old... Sh!t.


Spent this day... getting the garage finished.
Oh...my.

Worked on it, yesterday...as well.
Sorting, and repacking.
It's amazing.
Still have some things in it, for the Spring Sale, 
Memorial Day Weekend, but...wow.
It's nice to have it mostly back.

The Gazebo...is also, 90% empty.
We'll be unloading the Trailer, tomorrow, and reloading...for The Midwest Show, at Hawkeye Downs, 
October 30th!!
; )

I don't often do The Midwest Show.
It's so close to The Rabbit Hole, it makes more sense...for me to be open, and not have to haul.
They had a cancellation at the last minute, and called...to see if I'd like to join them.
I know how difficult it is to fill a show, at the last minute...the Promoters are such Wonderful Folks, and have always been so kind to me...I agreed to take a space.
; )

It's a Such a Beautiful Event.
<3
Always Enjoy Shoppin' It!!
; )

I'll pull some things from the house, and dig through More Christmas!!
; )
{Found Another Awesome Tote Full of Christmas, Today... in the Garage!!
Don't know HOW...we Missed It!! : ) }

I'll be taking several Cupboards, that date from the mid 1800's.
I'm sure I'll be packing smalls all week.
; )

then...
I'm headed to Junk Jubilee Jingles, in Des Moines!!
November 11, thru 13!!
Busy...Busy!!
; )

That Anamosa Antique, and Vintage Market...will be on Deck!!
January 22!! Mark Your Calendars!! 
; )
{Iowa's Best Kept Secret!!}
oh...
my.
; )



Had a Lovely...Lady, stop by with a Load....yesterday.
She brought the Soulful, Old...Dolls, above.
<3
and...the above Mission Oak Clock, that was her Grandfathers.
He worked for the Railroad, it was his retirement gift.
It Works... Beautifully!
She brought Ton's....of her Family Pieces.
<3
They'd all went through, and kept what they wanted.
She's hoping these things will find Loving Homes!!
We'll See To It!!
: )
<3

While I was sorting in the Garage...today, found the above...
Beautiful...Old, Old Fork, in a box of Tools!!
???
It was bent in half.
: (
Sat down...and gently...bent it back, into shape.
<3
It's Stunning!!
It found it's way to the House.
; )

Just as I started writing this post, the house phone rang.
I looked at the name...on caller ID....
 oh my Lord.
It was my Old...Pal, HARRY!!!
: ) : ) : )
Blast From The Past!!!
: )
How Wonderful...it was to hear Harry's Voice!!
He, and his Lovely, Lovely...Wife, Cindy...are downsizing.
They'd like me to swing by...and take a look at what they are letting go of.
<3
Harry...used to stop by, here...after his graveyard shift, for the RR.
: )
Long...before 'The Rabbit Hole'.
Many early mornings, we'd  sit, and visit...here, in the house.
Harry collected Graniteware at the time.
I was pretty good at Scrounging Up....Old Graniteware.
{Amongst... other things. : ) }
Harry told me, today...one of the things he admired most, about me, was...
 I wasn't afraid to Dig!! 
Get In Those Barns, and Chicken Coops...and DIG!! 
Hahahaha!!!
That's...a fact. ; ) }
Harry...was on his way Home, to sleep.
I...was just...starting off my day.
: )

Can't Wait...to get together with Harry, and Cindy... again.
They moved to Boone, Iowa...decades ago, and are now back, near Anamosa.
: )
Told Harry...I'll take a Stroll, with them...and figure out what their Best Plan of Action...is.
; )
Harry, just wants to put his Collections in the Hand's of Folks...who will Enjoy Them, like he has.
; )
We...can make that happen.
<3
I warned Harry, the next several weeks, are gonna be tight.
; )
Harry said...no worries.
; )
We'll get together...between The Holidays.
; )
Told Harry...
I'd Bring The Wine!!
; )
Can't Wait!!
: )

For The Love...of Old.
<3

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{Harry...brought up the IDOT, and wondered where we were at. I, was surprised...Harry knew about it. Filled Harry in, a bit. 
but...
I, couldn't let This IDOT Mess...screw up such a Wonderful Day!!
They've Taken Too Much, wrongfully, I can't give them another moment. Not now. ; ) }

No comments: