Thursday, October 20, 2022

Rest in... Peace, Kate.


Went to bed...early, last night....
then, my eyes popped open, at about 11:30 p.m.
Don't know... what made me look at FB.
The first thing...I saw, was my Dear Friend, Kate's...picture.
Her Daughter, Sarah...had posted a picture, of Kate.
The picture...was actually... Kate's Obituary.

I...was stunned.
I, thought Sure...Kate, would be with us forever.
Kate...was Larger Than Life.
<3
If...there ever was an Angel, who walked this Earth...
Kate, would be That Angel.
<3

Kate's been on my heart, so much...over the last few weeks, but...
I was too busy, too...buried, to reach out to her.
Have been, for far too long.

We used to visit...often.
: )
I, so Admired Kate.
Kate, was one of the Most Talented, Hard Working...Loving...Caring...People, I've ever known in my life.

Kate...was an Amazing Photographer.
The last time I visited Kate, in person...at her home...
 sat with her, and went through a Beautiful Photo Album...Kate had put together, of nothing but her images of Clouds.
<3
: )


Kate, was an Amazing Writer.
I remember...constantly encouraging Kate...to PUT HER Beautiful...
Writing, into a Book.
Which...Kate, finally did, just a few short years ago.
<3
: )

I...keep her books, next to my bed.
I...was So Incredibly Proud Of Kate.
: )
She...Inspired me, so.
<3



I've known Kate for over three decades.
We became...'Friends'...about 20 years ago.

Kate used to host an antique sale, at her home...yearly.
'Kate's Sale'.

It was Quite...an Event!
: )

Folk's would line up...for hours, to get in First.
; )
Kate...had such a Gift, finding Soulfulness.
<3

One year...Kate sent me an invitation...for her 'Gathering'.
: )
Called my Old...Pal, Julie... asked her, if she'd like to get up...at the crack of dawn, so we could be First.
Julie...passed.
; )
So... I was up at 5:30 a.m., threw on my old, stinky....Junkin' Sneakers, holey...old cropped jeans, and my favorite Junkin' Tee Shirt, tied my hair up...in a knot, skipped the make up, I was on a Mission...
and Headed to Kate's.
: )
When I arrived, found it strange, there wasn't a Line.
Not a Soul...waiting.
I was Thrilled!!
I...was Number One, at 'Kate's Sale'!!!
; )

Pretty soon, Kate spotted me, waiting...in her Drive, and invited me inside.
Kate, said...
"Barb!! You Are Early!! Come on Inside!!"
{That was, even More...Strange. We don't go inside Kate's Home, at Sale Time. but...
I walked inside.}

Kate, was dressed, in her old jeans, and a sweatshirt.
She offered me cookies, and coffee.
{I, was so puzzled. This...was Not Typical. }
I kept looking at the clock, thinking...we should be taking things from her garage, as Folks...would be lining up...soon.

Then...someone knocked at Kate's door.
{I thought.... 'Uh...Oh. They are Lining Up!!' }

The person at Kate's door, was dressed in 'Professional' Clothing.
then...
one, after the other...
More...Professional...Folks were Parading inside Kate's home.
Dr.'s... Lawyers, Bankers...Business Folks....
 The 'Pillars' of Cedar Rapids.
HOLY SMOKES!!!

This...wasn't 'Kate's Sale'.
It was Kate's May Day....Gathering, her Fundraiser for The Food Bank.
Oh... My... Lord!!!
I...hid, behind the door...trying to find a way OUT....
with my Stinky Old Sneakers!!
Oh My Lord!!!
then...
Kate, found me, just...as I was making my Escape!!
: )

Kate took me by the hand, and one, by one...
Introduced me to Each of her Prominent Guests.
Raved about The Rabbit Hole, to each of them.
<3
{Lord...Knows, I...Just...Wanted OUT of There!!! Hahahahaha!!!
I, put on a pretty good show, but...I was MELTING...Inside. 
: ) : ) : ) 
oh...Dear.}

When...I finally, got my stinky...old Sneakers, out of Kate's....Fundraiser, had a meeting with our mutual Pal, Eudora. 
I...was STILL Mortified!!!
Told Eudora, what had just transpired.
She Roared!!
Told Eudora, Not To Breathe A Word...to Kate, about my 'Mistake'.
which...
Of Course, Eudora...Did!!
Hahahahaha!!!
<3
: )

Kate, got The Biggest Kick, out of my 'mistake'.
<3
It was a Long Time...Joke.
{Not Funny...to Me!!!}
Kate, said... "Barb, Barb...Barb. I, never thought a thing of how you were dressed. You're Beautiful, to me...always."
{Makes me cry....every time I think about it, now. oh my. We...Need, More....
'Kates'... 






After I took my tumble, down the basement stairs...
Kate, took such good care, of me.
: )

She, called often...checking up on me.
<3
Visited...often, as well.
<3

I've sat at Kate's table...many times, over these last many years...while battling with IDOT, and Fairfax.
Kate...always was so supportive.
Much of the reason...I haven't been in touch, with Kate...or, anyone, like I used to be, before...
is...because, my life...has been so consumed fighting the wrongfulness.
: (
That's all I know, anymore.

Kate...lost her Soulmate, Lee...at a very young age.
We...had much in common.
Kate, truly...saved my life, after that fall.
; )
Kate...was so Close to The Lord.
<3
Words can't express...what a Blessing Kate was to me, and....So Many, Many.

Kate, was so...humble.
So...Kind.
She saw 'Beauty'...where many couldn't.
Ever since I sat with Kate...looking at her Amazing Images, of...'Clouds', I can't look at The Sky, without thinking of Kate.
<3

Kate's Services are November 13.
I'll be working, in Des Moines.
I'm trying to find someone...who can watch the booth, at Junk Jubilee, so I can attend.
The booth, might have to sit alone...with a donation plate.
; )
 As practical, as Kate was...she'd probably tell me to work, and Know... she's just fine, with The Lord, and Lee.

and...
 closer than I may know. 
<3 <3 <3 

Fairfarren...

Dearest...
Kate.
<3


No comments: