Monday, October 24, 2022

Fairfarren... Ed.


I was fighting the wind...yesterday morning...
the tent, in front of the house...was trying to take flight.
oh...my.
Was working on trying to take the top of the tent off...that, was trying to make it's way to the next county...East...
when I heard the news.

Friend, Ed Wilson...had passed away.
He, and Friend, Dwight Craft...
own 'Wind's Reach Antiques'...in Urbana, Iowa.
<3
I've known The Boys...for decades.
<3
Two of the Best Folks...I've ever met.
: )

The first time...I went to their Wonderful...Old, Farmhouse, they were restoring...
we sat in their Kitchen...talking 'Antiques'.
; )
{They are True Artists...when it comes to Restoration.}

It wasn't long...before Ed, and I...started talking...
'Horses'.
<3
Ed, and I...shared much more, than the 'Love of Old', it seemed.
: )
<3
Ed, raised...Showed...and Judged...
Quarter Horses.
<3
He Was So Proud, of His Babies!!
<3


I called Dwight, when I heard the news.
Really...didn't expect him to answer.
Just...wanted Dwight to know...that I was thinking about him.
To my surprise...Dwight, answered.
I...just, listened.
I know exactly where Dwight's 'at'.
The first morning...waking up, thinking..."What a Nightmare. Horrible dream."
then...realizing, the 'nightmare' began when you woke up, and faced reality.



Dwight...talked about everything...that was hittin' him...in the face, all at once.
Ed's obituary, to write...
The paperwork, that won't wait.
being bombarded...
from every side, while feeling so lost, and broken.

Feeling so blindsided...and, numb.

I...had no words.
Just...an ear.
<3

The last time...I visited with The Boys, Ed...wasn't feeling well.
but...
he came outside, sat...in his Truck, and visited with me.
<3
I...Loved Listening to Ed's Stories.
; )
He...lived such a Colorful Life.
<3
Ed, was such a Kind...Caring, and Gentle...Spirit.
; )

Ed will be Deeply Missed, by Many.
<3

Praying...for Dwight.
<3
I, understand...every step, he'll be taking.
They won't be easy.

Hope, You'll keep Dwight...in your Prayers, as well.

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{The George Strait Tune, I posted above...reminds me of the last conversation...I had with Ed. 
Listened to it...a hundred times, yesterday. 
<3}


No comments: