Friday, October 28, 2022

The Old...Souls.


Got The Ford...pretty much Loaded, for The Midwest Show, yesterday!!
So Grateful...The Boys got his brakes fixed.
; )
<3
The Trailer...is loaded.
Picked up a 6 inch drop hitch, and ball...for The Truckasaurus, yesterday.


Started cleaning things up...a bit, for the event.
{No worries...there will Still be Plenty of Dust, and a few...Cobwebs. : ) }
Several of my Favorite Old Soul's are heading there.
They all date from the mid, to last quarter of the 1800's.
To most...they'd seem incredibly rough.
; )

They ought to. They've been through Hell.
As I was cleaning them up...after being stored in the Gazebo...for years, for the recent Sales, told Pal, Mark...
that They...were my Most Favorite Pieces, most Soulful...Pieces, on the property.
<3
Told Mark...how very much I enjoyed setting a display with them.
Helping them Shine.
: )
If I had a place for them in the house, like...so many other...Old Souls, here...they'd be there.
I only bring things Home, that I Love.
things... that I'd Happily put in our Home.
<3

Captured a couple images of the drawer, in one of the pieces.
All...hand dovetailed.
It has amazing turnings...on it's legs, and stretchers.
It's an old, old...Game Table.
<3

I'd knocked off some of the cobwebs, for the Sales, but...did a bit more cleaning on it, and the others...for The Midwest Show.
<3
Maybe...could've spent my time...more wisely.
; )
I'm probably the only one on the planet, that can see their Beauty, and Soulfulness.
appreciate...
their 'Soulfulness'...and, so called...'imperfections'.
{Battle Scars. <3}
In the 'market'...they have little monetary value.
to me...
they are Priceless.
<3




Someone...was quite an Amazing Artist, building....creating....such Soulfulness...
back, in The Day.
<3

When I work with these Old Souls, it's not work.
It's Therapy.
<3

Did a little gluing, here, and there...on the pieces.
Gave them a quick, warm....bath, with Murphy's Oil Soap, then...put a little furniture oil, on their dry...dry...surfaces.
They Soaked It All In!!
<3
: )



This morning, while headin' for the day old coffee, in the maker...
noticed the cupboard doors were open, on Dad's Old Cupboard.
I have to smile...when I see them open.
: )
There's NO Way....those doors should Ever...be able to open...on their own.
The latches are pictured above.

They latch tight.
When I see them open, every now, and then...I, know...it's a 'Wink'.
; )



This morning, for the first time Ever...
Both, the Top...and Bottom Doors were Unlatched...and slightly open.
<3
That... made me not only Smile, but...take a peek inside.
: )
Haven't taken a look inside that Old...Cupboard, forever.
Thought to myself...
There must be Something inside, I'm supposed to See.
<3



What I saw...besides dust, : ) were Old Friends.
<3
So Many....of the objects in Dad's Old Cupboard, are Gifts, from Dear Friends, past, and present.
<3


Was just talking to a Friend, the other day... about Running Away!!
'New Orleans'!!! 
Hahahahaha!!!
There It Is!!
: )

That Ironstone piece, probably dates from around The Civil War...era.
: )
oh...my.

{I sometimes threaten...to Run Away!!
 Hahahaha!!
but, anyone who truly knows me, knows...
I'm not much for Runnin' Away, from anyone, or...anything.
{I, uh...have been know to RUN From, a Rogue Rooster, or two... however.}
; ) 
If I were...inclined, to take a little trip, 
Yeah...Boy!!!
New Orleans would Be The Place!!!}

Have a few projects to get done, today...
Pack a few more smalls.
Load...a few more pieces.

The Simply Iowa Booth, at The Midwest Show...will be a little sample of The Rabbit Hole.
: )
It won't be like any of the others.
Never...is, at any Show.
<3
{Hahahahaha!!!}
Certainly...not everyone's 'Cup...of Tea'.
; )
but...
By God, It'll Be Soulful!!
<3

Grateful, to Thom, and Cathy...for the invite, and....for promoting such an Amazing...Event.
: )
It's Truly...a Gift, to our area.

Beautiful...Beautiful.
<3

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

No comments: