Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Getting to Know....

I rarely....do an Estate...Tag Sale...
I only do them...by referral... and...when someone...really needs...a hand....
They aren't...something... I enjoy...
I sat down...and thought about that....
recently...
after...I had visited with the Family...
a couple of weeks ago...
I had been in such...a Hurry...when I met with them...
I blurted...out...
"I Really...Don't Like Doing These...Sales...
but...I do them...when...I'm called to..."
I shouldn't have said that...
{and...apologized...for that...statement...when I met...with the Daughter...
to get the key...to her Mother's Home....}
You see...
I figured out...'why'...I struggle...so... with these...
Yes...they are a lot of work...and...not a lot...of compensation....
but...
I'm not afraid...of work...and the money...
well...
That never bothers me much...
if it did...well...
I wouldn't be doing...what I do....
No...It's about... the Loss...
Sorrow...
and getting to know someone...through...their Home...
I get...very Close...to them...tho...I'll never meet them...here...
yet...I always feel...
they are there...with me...
I told Melissa, {the Daughter} that... with my Apology...
we both....cried...
I'll be going through...her Mother's...Treasures... letters...
Gifts...from Loved Ones...
Little Notes...and...remembrances....
Her Clothing....Favorite...Shoes....Favorite....Coffee Cup.....
Her...Plants... that she took such good care of....
that, yesterday...were so...wilted...
as...she...was no longer there...to care...for them...
{I spotted her old...Gardening Shoes....yesterday...
sitting...right where she left them....in the Basement...}
{Her Yard...is Incredible...Yes...Jackie...was a 'Yard Bird'!}
oh my...
She Loved...to Decorate...
her Home...is Darling...
There are...totes....filled with all Sorts...of Holiday....decorations...: )
She was an Artist....her...paintings...are all stacked...in her work room...where she left them...
Yes...tho...we never knew each other...
I will 'know'...Jackie...very well...
and be...so...sorry...we never...met...
I'm asking The Lord...to walk with me...through this...
I know...I will come away...with...many Blessings....
It's...All...about...
The Journey...
Love to ya...
Barb C.
 
 
 

No comments: