Friday, November 18, 2022

This Little Light.


Went to where Daughter, Liz...works, last night.
Heather, Liz's Friend, {who rescued Miss. Peanut, then...gave her to me <3 }
is expecting her first Babe, so...last night, was her last night on the Job.
Took cookies, for Heather's Farewell.
Many brought food, Delicious Food!!
: )
It was a Busy Night!!

I didn't stay long.
The road's were Slick getting there.
The North, and South Roads...with the wind blowing snow across them, were dicey, to say the least.
Drove Justin's Truckasaurus, probably should've put him 4WD, but...chose to drive slowly, and with caution.
: )


It always cracks me up... when I see Folks Flying past me, with their Big 4WD's....
oh my.
Dad, taught me when I was very young, "You can Go Like Hell...with 4WD, but...Ya can't 'Stop'...any quicker. : ) "
That's a Fact.
<3

So many times, as the Big 4WD's...blow our doors off, as they fly past us...you'll find them in the ditch, not far ahead.
4WD isn't helpful...on Ice, period.

I grew up driving rear wheel drive Trucks.
The first 4WD I owned was back in the 1990's.
{Still have him. : ) 1979 Ford, Step Side... with a 12 inch lift. 
Taller than Gypsy, and The Truckasaurus. }
Bought him...when I went back to work, waitressing.
The Kids were little.
My Best Pal, Roxi....would watch the Kids, for a couple of hours in the evening, until John could pick them up after work.
I drove that Truck...like it was 2WD, but...felt confident...should we slide in the ditch, he'd walk us out, and we wouldn't be stranded.
{Long before cell phones}

Had a Huge Meal...at Liz's work, oh my.
Felt like a Slug...when I got Home.
: )
Went straight to bed.
oh my.


Was going through pictures, yesterday.
Above... Thanksgiving Pies, from years back.
<3
Dutch Apple.
<3
The first year I found the recipe for these Amazing Pies, was the First Thanksgiving out, on my own.
I was 16.
My Favorite Niece, Kari...came to my place, and helped me prepare a Thanksgiving Feast, for our Family.
<3
We worked all night, cooking, baking....and prepping for Thanksgiving.
: )
Kari, was 13, or 14...at the time.
: )

Kari made Dill Pickle Wraps.
: )
I'd never eaten them before.
Oh My Gosh!!!
Soooo Good!!
{Dill pickles, covered in cream cheese, then wrapped in shaved ham, then...sliced into medallions.
So Simple...
So...Good!!
We've had them Every Thanksgiving, since!! <3}


Ran across the above quote, yesterday...in my 'Memories'... on FB.
True...
True...
True!!!


Ran across this image, there...too.

That was back in 1978, or so.
1969 Plymouth Satellite.

It was my 'Driver'.
{Used it like a Truck. It hauled Hay to the Horses, daily.}
About that time... Dad had found me a Truck, so...we were going to sell the Satellite.
A Friend, wanted to buy it for her first car.
When we were coming home from swimming, at one of our favorite Swimmin' Holes, at a Quarry, I asked her if she'd like to drive it home.
It was all gravel roads.
As we were coming down a steep hill, going very slow...I noticed she was riding the brake.
Told her, to just let it coast.
She got the passenger side drive tire into loose gravel, started whipping the steering wheel, overcorrected...
the last thing I remember...before the crash...was reaching for the steering wheel, to try to correct it.

We hit a steep ditch, sheered off a phone pole...and rolled the Satellite.
It came to rest on it's top.
Still don't know how we crawled out of the car.

{Wasn't until my next accident, several years later, when a Lumber Truck pulled out from a stop sign, in front of me on 151,
 {took that Big Truck Out, with a 1979 Ford LTD.
 Knocked it's rear axel completely out from under it.}
that...I'd broken my neck, in that 1978 accident. My C6 vertebrae was fractured. 
By the Grace of God...it fused itself.
The Dr.'s told me, after looking at the x-rays I'd walked around with a broken neck for a long time, one....bad slip, while it was healing, could've left me paralyzed from the chest down.
They nearly drilled in my skull, after the second accident, seeing the old fracture, thinking it was new... to fit me with a Halo Brace. 
Praise God...the Dr.'s called in a second Radiologist, he determined it was from the old injury.}

After the 1978 accident, the Friend who was with me....along with ALL of the Friend's who Normally would've been with us, that Hot Day, Swimming, who...one, by one...couldn't go that day, for one reason, or another...
 went to Church, the following Sunday.
Told them All... We'd Better Give Praise.
<3 <3 <3 
Gratefully... my Friend, was not injured in the accident.
<3
Shook Up, but... we both walked away, to a near Farmhouse...
I, had no peripheral vision, while walking to the Farmhouse.
It was like I was looking through a porthole window.
Didn't know I was bleeding, until I knocked on the Farmhouse's screen door, and saw blood running down the door, where I had knocked.

No seat belt laws, back then... she wound up on the inside of the roof, on the passenger's side front seat, under me.
The Satellite was on it's top.

I was cut up...pretty bad, on my right side. Picked glass out of my right arm, for years.
She felt so bad.
It wasn't her fault. 
It was an accident.
My fault, for letting her drive.

The bottom line, we've opened our eyes every morning, since.
We're here...for a purpose. 
<3




<3 <3 <3 


So True.
I think of Dad...every time I see this pop up, on 'Memories'.
The Shenanigans... we'd get in to.
: )
Living, and Working...beside Dad, well... It Was an Adventure, every single day.
: )
I wouldn't trade Any of It, for Anything.

With those Adventures, and responsibilities...
 Dad truly prepared me for Life.
We had so little time, together.
but...
The Time We Had, was Filled With Adventure, and Lessons.

I learned to drive, when I was 7.
My Friend, at 17...who was driving the Satellite that day, was just a beginner.
Guess, I figured, since she was a little older than me, she could drive as well.
My Friend, hadn't had 'The Adventures'...I'd had, by then.
A 'Lifetime'...of 'Adventures'.
<3 <3 <3 
; )



Pal, Melody...captured this image, 11 years ago, now.
Wow...How Time Flies!!
That was So Much Fun...that day.
; )

Every Day...Is a Blessing.
: )

I'm going to be diggin' through 'Memories'... for some paperwork that I want to have ready for next week.
Keep tellin' Folks, 'The Book' is Coming.
: )

Not about the long past Journey, yet.
About, more recent....events.

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.





No comments: