Tuesday, November 1, 2022

but... I don't Have One... like THIS ONE!!!


: ) : ) : )

Peg used to give me So Much...Grief when we'd be out 'Junkin'...and I'd run across some Cool...
Vintage Christmas Ornaments, that would get me So...Excited!!!
Hahahaha!!
: )

Peg would say... "Seriously??? You don't 'Need' Another Christmas Ornament!!"
I'd...just look at her, and say...
"but...Peg, I Don't Have ONE... LIKE THIS... ONE!!!"
Hahahaha.
She'd Roll Her Eyes...and walk away.
: )
<3

Peg used to come visit...and help me set The Rabbit Hole for Christmas.
: )
She'd say... "Barb, after Drowning in All of your 'Christmas'...I, can't Stand to put ANY up....at Home!!"
Hahahaha!!!!

{Make no mistake...Peg Loved It. <3 
She'd never admit it...but, I Know...she did. ; ) <3}


I didn't buy much at The Midwest, or Collector's Eye Shows. Couldn't get out to shop.
The Kid's carried everything to the booth, and helped me set 'The Bones'. {Praise God!!} Then they bugged out, after lunch, they had to cut wood. They heat their Home, primarily with wood.
So Grateful...to Have Had Them, and Helper...Brandon!!
: )

Had quite a Pile...to get through, with very little time to get it done.
{If...I could've worked all night, sure would've.
 They won't let us work, past 8 p.m. on set up.
 That's kind of a Tuff...Timeline... Setting a 'Rabbit Hole'...Booth.}
oh...dear.

I did...slip away, a time or two.
; )

Found The AWESOME...little Jewelry Casket, below... while visiting Pal's...Steve, and Dean's Booth, at The Collector's Eye.
; )
Dean remembered how much I Love Them...when he found the below...recently, he saved it back for me.
<3 <3 <3 



All....
Original.
<3
; ) ; ) ; )
The 150 year old Tufted Silk...Upholstery is...Exactly, as It Should Be.
LOVE IT!!!
<3

Found The AWESOME Clock...in the top image, in my next door Neighbor's Booth!!
It was about 3, the day of The Show...when I finally could step away from my booth.
Spotted that Darling...Clock.
; )
{Could Hear...Peg's Voice. : )
"Seriously...Barb. You have So Many Clocks... You Don't 'Need' Another One!!"
: )

again...

"but...Peg, I Don't Have 'ONE' Like This 'One'!!!"}
: )

Asked my Sweet Neighbor's if it worked.
They said...no.
{didn't Matter. I Don't Have ONE...Like That One!!! : ) }
Hahahahaha!!!
They had 65.00 on it, told me they'd take 50.
DONE!!!
<3

Proudly carried it back to my booth.
{6 feet. : ) }
Sat down...and played with it, while waiting for the Show...to end, at 4.
<3
It Runs Like a little Top!!
<3
Put it to my Awesome Neighbor's Ears.
<3
They Loved It!!
<3
It's Found A Home!!!
<3
: )

The Cross Creek Cookery Book, was a Gift...from Pal, Allyson.
Oh My Lord.
<3
She brought it to the show, to give it to me.
<3
The name of The Rabbit Hole, is Cross Creek Antiques.
<3

Allyson found it at her Uncle's Farm...that they've been cleaning out.
<3
Priceless.
<3

Allyson, has been such a Blessing in my life.
<3
She's making reservations...for us to go to Nashville, in February.
The Garden Show.
; )

I, always did 'Heart of Country', in Nashville...in February.
So wanted to See 'The Garden Show', but...it never worked out.
I couldn't stay over...another week, sometimes...the show's were running together.
Certainly...couldn't leave 'Heart', to go to The Garden Show.
{Business.}

So Excited!!
; )
{Hopin' we can stop in Memphis...for a little BBQ. : ) 
Allyson said... we'd Have to go back to Franklin.
: )
 Great Food...and, Visit Dear Friend, Scarlett Scales. <3
Scarlett, and Louie...have a New Baby, we'd sure Like To Meet!! <3}





So...
the reason I've been playin' 'Lady Marmalade' for the last two days...
is a funny story.
; )

I'd posted it on the blog...a while back, it's...kinda 'sexy'.
; )
Deleted it, because...this version...isn't as 'simple'...as the blog usually is.
; )

When Liz and Adam...strolled in the door, Saturday morning, and caught me dancin' to Roy Orbison, in the kitchen...
Liz said...
"No...Mama, Our Song for This Day...is This One!!"
She sat down at the computer...and played the above version...of 'Lady Marmalade'.
: )
: )
: )

Away...We Went!!!
Hahahahaha!!!!

Liz and I were Dancin' to it in the house...and, Singin' Loud and Proud!!
: )
<3
{Poor Adam!!! Hahahahaha!!! He just stood in the dining room...shakin' his head.
Hahahahaha!!!!}

It get's Pretty Frickin' Crazy...at SHOWTIME!!!
; )
oh...dear.

My phone was dead, when we got to the Show.
When the Kids bugged out, it was charged... so...I fired up my Baby Bose speaker...
in the booth.
{I NEED MUSIC...when I work. }
Kept it low...but, had 'Lady Marmalade'...on the brain.
Great...to Work, and Create...to.

My Neighbor, Earl... whom I'd just met...
could barely hear it.
He said...
"Barbara...what are you listening to over there??"
Told him what it was...and asked him if the music was bothering him.
Earl, said... "NO!!!! LOVE IT!!! Just what I Needed!! Crank It UP!!"
Hahahaha!!!
So....
I Did!
; )

Told Earl, I play music that like Over, and Over...while I work.
I get in a 'Zone'.
Told him...
If...he gets tired of it, say the Word.
I'll back 'er down.
: )
Earl didn't...Many...Loved It!!
Great....to Work To.
; )

I was Dancing The Booth Together!!
Hahahahaha!!!

Quite a 'Show' to See...I'm Sure!!
: ) : ) : ) 
Gotta Find My Groove...Baby, especially...when The Clock Is Ticking.
; )

Earl bought the Beautiful Wooden American Carousel Horse, from the early 1900's, we brought.
He said...that he had about 15 other Carousel Animals, at his Home.
{The name of his business... is 'Calliope'.}

We didn't have a lot of time...to visit, we were both...insanely busy during set up...and during the show.
but...we did, visit a bit.
I was So Impressed by Earl.
: )

I find most Folks very interesting...
but, there are a few that Stand Out.
My Dad...was one of them.
I could sit, and listen to his stories...for hours.
{even if I'd heard them a Hundred Times. Didn't Matter!!}
He...was a Big Fish.
; )
John, had some Stories... Good Ones.
There's a Couple of Others, that I've been Blessed to have met, throughout my life...
that...
keep me hangin' on Every Single Word.
oh...my.
oh...my.
; )

Earl, is On The List.
: )

As he was leaving...he walked up to me, to say Good Bye.
: )
Stuck his hand out, to shake my hand.
I'd Have None...of That!!
Gave Earl...a Huge Hug!!
<3
: )

Told Earl...how much, I enjoyed visiting with him.
; )
It took me a while, but...I finally figured out, who Earl reminds me of.
: )
Another Man...that, as I told Earl...if I found him bellied up to a Bar, could sit for Hours...just listening...to.

Comedian, Ron White.
LOVE Ron White!!
<3
Earl, reminded me of Ron White!!
: )
Earl wasn't familiar with Ron White, I told him...to look him up.
; )
Ron likes drinking Scotch.... Earl said...
"I Like Drinking Scotch...Too!!"
Hahahahaha!!!

Earl said... Next Time...he's here, {he lives in Kansas}

"Barbara...we'll go sit at The Saloon...and I can tell ya some Wild Stories!!"
Hahaha!
Told Earl...That's a DATE!!!
: )

Oh My!!!
: )

I could Not...Believe It, when Earl told me his age.
He's 84.
WOW!!
Still doing these Grueling Shows, alone...Across The Country.
Earl...has Very 'Important'....Pieces.
He shows at The Very Best Shows.
Wow!!

but...
oh my Gosh,
 he's so FUNNY!!
In...such a 'Dry' way.
Cracked Me Up!!
: ) : ) : )

yes...
 That...'Gift' is a Rare and Wonderful Thing!!!
: )
What Blessings Folks...Like Earl, Are!!
: )

There are Many More Stories, from the few short hours...I spent at The Midwest Show.
AMAZING Event...on So Many...Many...Levels!!

<3

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

No comments: