Saturday, November 5, 2022

The Party's Over.


Was Great seeing my  Dvorak Cousins, Nieces, and Nephew, Jimmy...along with Great Nieces and Nephews, this evening, at Little Bo.
: )
Mom, would've loved to have been there, with us.
She was full blooded Czech, and Very Proud of It!
; )
That's why Ellen, and Kari...wanted to meet at Czech Village.
They are Brother, Larry's Girls.
Kari lives in Illinois, Ellen...lives in Indiana.



Kari, is the Girl in the white sweater.
<3
She, and I were very close...growing up.
These are her Children, and Granddaughter.
She reminds me of Miss. Scarlett.
They would've hit it off.
<3

The dark haired Girl...with glasses, is my other Niece, Ellen.



Cousin, Sallie.
<3
She and I...were also, very close...when we were children.
<3



We enjoyed Traditional Czech food, at Little Bo's.
: )
Not...like Mom, and Aunt Florence could make... : ) but...pretty darned Good.
: )


Showed them all...this picture, this evening.
Just got it back...from Liz.
I'd wondered where it's been.
When Liz, and I were packing up Mom's belongings...when she passed away, Liz took the old photo album home, with her.

This was taken...on my 3rd. Birthday.
{Miss. Vivi's age, today. <3 }

I was on Little Red.
He...was The Best.
<3

The young Man, with glasses, is Brother, Larry.
{The Pretty Girl, with the dark hair, to the right of Larry, is Marsha, his second wife.}
Marsha is holding Ellen, tho you can't see her.

Sister, Merry Jo, is in the striped dress.
<3

The rest, are Neighbor Kids.
There were, always...always....Neighbor Kids at our place.
<3
The Red Head, is Rusty.
I'll never forget him.
He was such a kind soul.
: )

When Sallie saw this picture, she said... "I remember Little Red. You lived on him. You're Mom couldn't get you off of him...without a battle.
You'd often fall asleep on him, then he'd walk to the door of the trailer...and paw at it...until your Mom...would come pull you off. "
<3

Yeah... Little Red, was my Pal.
<3
We were inseparable.
I learned to ride...Little Red, before I learned to walk.
Dad used to call him my 'Babysitter'. 
: )

<3

Little Red, was killed by a drunk driver...shortly after this picture was taken.
The Neighbor's Stallion, got loose, and ran all of our horses through the fence.
Little Red, was at the wrong place, at the wrong time.
I'll never forget that night.
oh my.

Maybe...that's why, I don't like these 'gatherings'.
Most of the memories...are Wonderful.
: )
<3
it's those few...
that aren't, that are still so difficult.

Sallie brought up Scout, tonight...as well.
{She's a Horse Lover. <3 }
oh dear.
that's...when I was done.
: )
Had to leave.

Can't talk Horses, or IDOT...
which was also...brought up, tonight.

Some wounds...don't heal well.
Some...are, pretty raw.


Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{The Neighbors, whose Stallion, caused such heartbreak...felt so bad....about Little Red, they offered me any Pony, from their herd.
I remember...standing with Dad, looking at their Ponies.
Dad said... I could choose, any one of them.
They were All...Beautiful Ponies.
: )

I wanted none of them.
Little Red, wasn't a 'Pony'. 
He was my Best Friend. 
: ) 
You can't 'replace' that. }

No comments: