Monday, November 28, 2022

The Tree Is Up!!


Every year...as we start pulling 'Christmas' from under the Landing, and Staircase... as I watch it keep Coming...and Coming, it sinks in, that...this is kind of a big task.
Hahahahahahaha!!!
: )

The Grandkids didn't come yesterday, to help.
Liz, and I talked it over.
She understands what a 'task'...the first day of 'Welcoming Christmas'...entails.
: ) : ) : ) 
I want the Kids to..... Love Christmas.
not... see it as a chore.
<3
They are coming today, to help decorate.
: )

I'm a little leery of them coming this early, yet.
but...
they are looking so forward to it.
: )

Helper, Brandon...did come and help, yesterday.
Oh My.
Grateful.
Still took us about 8 hours to get everything out, and The Tree Up, and Lit.
The House looks like a Christmas Bomb Exploded Inside!
Hahahahahaha!!!


When we took the lights off last year, {I've NEVER Done this}
we put them all in one tote, instead of wrapping them separately.
Oh....My GOSH!!
I spent over an hour untangling them.
I think God is trying to teach me Patience.
: )
You have No Idea... how many times I was so Tempted to throw them All in The Trash, and go buy new.
but....
I, somehow... found the patience, and untangled them all.
; )
There's somewhere between 2000, and 2400...lights on The Tree.
Switched to soft white LED's last year.
They aren't soft white...to me, but...they are much easier on the light bill.
and...
seem to be a lot more dependable.
Nothing worse than having a strand go out in the middle of The Tree.




The Bell...was the First to go Up.
Once it's hung...then, it starts feeling like Christmas.
<3



After Brandon left... I poured myself a Toddy, sat down...
and took in The Tree's Beauty.
<3

Wasn't long....before I heard Snoring.
<3



Miss. Peanut, was as exhausted as I was.
<3
When I went upstairs, to get that Toddy, Miss. Peanut parked herself in front of the bedroom door.
She was So Disappointed...when I headed back to The Tree.
Hahahahaha.
<3

The Kids will be here, soon.
I'd better pull myself together.
: )
Slept in, this morning.... it was almost 8, when me, and Miss. Peanut rolled out of the Sack.
I'm feelin' every muscle, and joint...this morning.
oh...my.
: )
More Coffee...Please!!
: ) : ) : ) 

Love to Ya...
Prayers for All.

Barb C.

{Pal, Allyson...called yesterday, as we were putting The Tree Up.
When I told her what we were doing...she said... "Ohhhhhh."
 : )
She 'knows'.
; )
Hahahaha!!}


No comments: