Monday, November 14, 2022

From Angels... to Rattlesnake Eggs. Junk Jubilee Jingles.


Not sure where to start this post.
; )

Guess I'll start with The Blessings.
which...was All of The Event, in Des Moines.
Junk Jubilee Jingles, is Always...Always, an Adventure.
<3
: )

So Grateful to Lynn, Lea, their Darling...Grandson, Carson...and Helper, Brandon.
; )
Load out was Fast!
: )
Little Justin, so wanted to come, but...Helper, Brandon...got lost trying to find Justin's house, he gave up...and headed to Des Moines.
{Brandon...has difficulties with directions. Reminded Brandon, that's what phone's are for. : )
 Son, Justin...
would've met him on the highway. 
Poor Brandon, got lost...coming Home from Des Moines, after dropping Little Justin off, last Wednesday. He didn't tell me that, until he arrived in Des Moines, yesterday.
He wound up Miles....and Miles...off course.
: ( }

Lynn, and Lea...are Such Blessings.
Angels.
<3

Wound up staying in Des Moines, Thursday thru Sunday.
The Hotel I stay at...has had some difficult times, I was told by other Vendors.
Several have moved on, to other Hotels in the area.
I...went back, anyway.
: )
Found it Lovely.
<3
The People...who work there, are stretched thin,  like many businesses are...these days, struggling to find, and keep Help.
Every day...I Thanked the Folks working there, for being so Kind, and keeping my room so neat, and clean.
<3
Grateful...for them All.
Shared some Big Hugs, with them...and a little more, when I was checking out, Sunday morning.
<3

Just before I left the Hotel, was standing outside smokin' a stogie....and began visiting with fellow smokers.
Folks from every walk of life.
We talked about a lot.
Mostly, about 'The Golden Rule'...and treating others, like we'd like to be treated.
; )
We, every single one of us...were in 100% agreement.
<3

They all Smiled...nodded their heads, and said, "So Simple!!"
; )

Also shared a story with them, on how we should all be Grateful...for Everything.
Search for the Blessings, in every situation.
{If you've read this blog for any amount of time, you know I struggle with that, like most. But...I Try. }
If our eyes opened this morning, we are here for a Purpose.
We are Blessed, and obligated to take the Opportunity to make a positive difference.
<3
{Trying. : ) Not always easy. }

On Thursday Evening...as I was scrambling to finish up the booth, someone reached out to me online...about the Table, and 6 Chairs I had posted images of for the Show.
She asked the price. I told her.
She, then...asked if she could buy it early, before the Show opened.
She, and her Daughter...had made plans to attend Early Bird, but...couldn't make it until Saturday.
If I would sell it to her early, she offered to nearly double the asking price.

Told her...I couldn't do it.
There were images online, of the Set.
Others who may want it, may travel many hours to get there, like she, and her Daughter...would, only to find it Sold.
That wouldn't be fair.

She understood.
: )
The Kind Lady...explained to me why....she and her Daughter, couldn't come Friday.
Her Daughter is going through chemo, fighting very aggressive cancer, thought she'd be up to the trip, but...no way,
but... the Lady's Husband, could come...with, on Saturday.

We talked for quite a while...on the phone. 
I, too...understand that 'fight'.
Been in that 'Boxing Ring'... too many times.
Not...with one of our Children, tho.
That's got to be the worst.
The worst.
Then... the Lady went on, and told me they'd lost their other Daughter, two years ago... in a car accident.

My heart just sank.

I promised the Lady, as soon as the Early Bird's came through, I'd mark the Set 'sold' for her.
No need to worry about paying me in advance, and I wouldn't hear of her paying a Penny more for the Set, than asking price.
{I'd never accept that from anyone. Don't like selling things to Folks who haven't seen them, or touched them.
Told the Lady, when she arrived..." 'No Mercy Buys'....if you don't LOVE It, no problem. I won't hold you to the sale." }

The Set...Waited for Her.
<3 <3 <3 
She Loved It.
The Old Souls...Always, Always...
Find Their Way... to Exactly Where They Belong.
Always.
<3

The Lady, and her Wonderful Husband were a Joy to meet.
She was So Excited!!
<3
Keeping Them All...in my Prayers.
Hope You Will...Too.
<3


Above is the Sweetest Little Man!
I'd just finished re-setting the booth, Sunday morning, with Much More....
when he and his Mom, came walking inside.
<3
He loved the 11th Street Sign.
That's his 'Bike's' Number!!
; )
Someday he want's to ride Motocross!! That'll Be His Number!!
<3


The Gal, above...Juli, reached out to me about the Old...Carousel Horse, on Friday.
Told her...like I told the Lady, about The Table...I'd prefer she see it in person.
She came...and Loved It!!
<3
{It Nearly Sold, moments before Juli arrived.
The other Folks only had a credit card, my reader...is messed up.
They left to talk about it, maybe run, and get a check? 
They returned, just as Juli handed me her check.
Juli said...
"That's a 'God' Thing."

That's an 'Old Soul'.... 'Thing'.
It found the right hands.




Pal, Deb... had one of these in her booth. I saw it during set up.
Deb makes some Great Stuff!!
Love Her!!

She only had one, so..I told her to sell it at the Show, and I'd get another from her... when we meet again.
Save one for me.
; )

Deb, went home that night...and made another, for me.
<3
{She sold the other....right away, when JJJ opened.}

No worries, I hid it in my booth, so Kiddos didn't see it.
It's going in my bedroom.
; )
Every once in a while, I've been known to 'Slip'.
; )
 Peg, and I used to laugh about it, when we'd 'Slip'.
: )
We'd say to each other...
"There goes another 'Pin Feather'....from our Smoldering Wings....from gettin' a Little Too Close To THE FLAMES!!!"
Hahahahaha!!!!
<3
God Only Knows How Much...I Miss Peg.
{eeeeeek. : ( can't even write about her...without tears. : ( Damned cancer. 
or, like Peg called it, the "dirty little bastard" }
I'll think of Peg, every time I look at it, and Pal...Deb.
<3 <3
: )


I'm posting a Video...of Art, above.
; )
Sunday afternoon, near closing time... I noticed a Man walking through the booth.
He was looking everything over...closely. 
: )

We began to chat.
: )
He told me about his Lovely Wife, of over 50 years...and, how they met, during College.
They both are Teachers, retired, now... and how Much...they enjoy their Grandchildren, and All of their activities.
He was a Joy, to visit with.
So many things in his life... had the timing, and what he perceived as 'set backs'...at the time...
not happened, how different his life would've been.
Art told me many stories....somehow...we got on the subject of Singing.
: )
He asked me if I'd like to hear him sing.
YEAH!!!!
: )
Art began to Sing!
What a Beautiful Voice!!!
When he was finished, I asked Art...if he'd sing another, and could I take a Video.
He Agreed!!
Art said...before he began to sing, "Think I'll sing a song...that seems very fitting for this day."
{You'll have to watch it, above.}

I shared nothing of my 'Journey', with Art.
Just...listened to His....Beautiful 'Journey'.
When I loaded the video, of Art....Singing, this morning... 
listened to it, Over...and Over.
Oh My!!!
: )
More Tears!!
; )
So PERFECT!!!

THAT'S a 'God'  'THING'.
<3 <3 <3 

Once Again, like..during The Sales, here...and at The Midwest Show, Junk Jubilee....
was All About The People.
Oh my Lord.
<3
Beautiful...
People.
<3



Above...is the message a concerned Neighbor sent me, as I was leaving Des Moines, last night.
: )


'Rattlesnake Eggs'.
; )

Thought I'd better finish the story...about The Rattlesnake Eggs.

Sold the Sweet little Frog statues, on Saturday.
Forgot to mark them sold...until, someone asked their price.
Ooops.
As I was marking them sold, spotted an envelope sitting next to one of them...that hadn't been there earlier.

I stood there, looking at it. Read it.
Didn't touch it.
{Wasn't long ago...I would've figured it was a 'joke'. After all of the strange things that 'happen' in Fairfax, especially....over the last few years... I take things very seriously.}

Two Gal's were standing near me, I turned to them, asked them...what they thought of the 'envelope'.
Their EYES Were WIDER Than MINE!
Hahahaha!
Both said...
"Don't Touch It!! Call The Police."

oh...man.

I adore the Security Guys, at The Fairgrounds.
We visit every time I go outside.
Really Great Guys.

I walked up to one of them, and asked him to check it out.
: )
HE WOULDN'T Touch It Either!!
{He's had some experience with this kinda 'thing'...that's not been good.}

He called his Supervisor.
She...Wouldn't Touch IT EITHER!!!

Ultimately... The Police and Sheriff were called.
{I felt like Ralphie, from 'A Christmas Story'...when The Police, and Firemen were called to get his Pal, Flick's...tongue pulled off of the frozen flag pole. }

It was a Gag.
; )

Sadly, what used to be 'Funny'...back in The Day, isn't so funny...anymore.
: (

{Well...it kinda is. : ) }

Heading to visit Patrick, at The Bank.
His Dad, Dave...Fairfax Bank President, passed away, last week.
Dave's Funeral was last Thursday.
There was no way I could attend.
That Bank... 'Family'...is the part of Fairfax, that I Truly Love.
<3
Such Wonderful People.
Dave, was such a Blessing to Many, Many...and to our Community.
His Children, and Grandchildren learned Well, from Dave.
<3
Wonderful Folks.


Love to Ya.
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.




No comments: